No announcement yet.

Viewtiful Joe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After the mention of the 36 Chambers on VJ 2, I put some time into everyones favourite, Chamber 5.

I can't believe I 've ignored these for so long, they're so freakin' addictive.

Using Joe on the fifth Chamber I scored 9995 I believe, taking one hit, which made it a V rank score.(^_^)

I loaded up VJ 1 so I could get them Rainbow V's on each level.
    I'm half way through the 2nd episode at the moment.
    I used that sweet method of Voomeranging Charles and takin' him out with a shocking pink and a bitch slap. Cheers to whoever posted that vid.(^_^) It was over in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by JulioBaptista
      Does anybody still have an active link to one of the Magnificent Five video clips?
      Magnificent 5 incl. Fire Leo

Comment

Viewtiful joe has been clocked on adults! yay!

I Bought this game 3 years ago and never played it "Properly" even thought I thought i had finished Kids. I hadn't actually, i only beat Fire Leo then left it, for some reason i thought i had finished the game

I've had so much fun playing VJ on Adults. I really paid attention this time to the combat system and got the most out the game. I feel like such an idiot for being so ignorant when i first got the game, maybe i got a whole bunch of games at the same time and Joe didn't get the attention he deserved.

Anyway, one of the best games i have EVER played , probably even in my top 10 and i've yet to play it on V-rated. i see you get to start a fresh with ur max powered up Joe just like other Capcom games (DMC3, RE4 etc.) It's gonna be awesome fun getting those rainbow V ratings now.

Also my rating for the game was all A's apart from two B's with is alright i guess.

Still gotta finish VJ2 on adults, i'm up to the six machine submarine level and frankly that level sucks balls. Lowest point in all viewtiful joeness. the JV1 six machine level is Roxx0rs!

a Question to Saur and Einhander. what difficulty did you do those vids on?

Is it Adult or V rated?

Edit : just been playing V rated and it's totally different with exploding frogs and **** so obviously thoses vids are done on Adults. Love this game.
        Last edited by Kevvy Metal; 11-02-2006, 18:42.

Comment

Originally posted by Einhander
          **** me that's awesome. I forgot I'd downloaded this. Just watched it now.

How long did it take to master? I mean, Rainbow V's on all of 'em, that's sick.

I had to replay the first episode about 10 times before I had Rainbow V's on everything. I like the way every Ukemi is successful. I miss a couple if I try to use 'em. I'm especially **** at using 'em in frantic situations. I suppose I'm jst too slow.

Comment

Thanks to your vid Einhander I managed to Rainbow V King Blue on V-Rated over the weekend - something I never thought possible. That meth is incredibly tight - Jump up into King Blue SLOW ZOOM slap him up, drop down and freeze for his lightening attack, FAST slap up the radar, jump/duck the missiles, freeze for his lightening attack, jump up into King Blue SLOW ZOOM slap him up - Rinse and Repeat! My screen exploded with Heroness!!!!

On Adults I got an overall B rank and V-rated an A rank.

Played through the first chapter of Ultra V-rated with Rainbows all the way! Now its all about learning every characters audio attack cues cos the signposted attacks have been taken away. And there are loads more goons to bash right from teh start - this game just gets better and better
            Last edited by spagmasterswift; 22-05-2007, 21:03.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
              Played through the first chapter of Ultra V-rated with Rainbows all the way! Now its all about learning every characters audio attack cues cos the signposted attacks have been taken away. And there are loads more goons to bash right from teh start - this game just gets better and better
              I can post the exact requirements of V-points and time for Ultra V-rated. That should help you developing better strategies. Sometimes, a high V-score is not needed, in other times you have more time than you might think.

Regarding the missing signposts (I call them skulls), here is a extremely valuable trick: Always duck when a Biancy or Cromarty comes near. If they start to dance (which shows you that they are preparing for an attack) and they DON'T attack immediately, you know that they are aiming low. So just press UP to let them initiate their attack. Take note that they attack the second you have entered a correct defensive position.
              Watch my vids again. Whenever a Bianco or Cromarty comes near, I always duck. If they hit high, you don't even see the skull. If I see that they don't attack, I press UP and they attack low immediately. This knowldege makes the skull unnecessary and gives you the needed advantage in Ultra V-rated.

Comment

I can post the exact requirements of V-points and time for Ultra V-rated.
                If you got time man then do it! For peeps playing VJ this thread is a godsend! You have to invest a lot of time in Capcom games - I do try to put in the hours but the pointers I've read have shaved months off (and stopped me from throwing in the towel like many manz have)

Whenever a Bianco or Cromarty comes near, I always duck. If they hit high, you don't even see the skull. If I see that they don't attack, I press UP and they attack low immediately. This knowldege makes the skull unnecessary and gives you the needed advantage in Ultra V-rated.
                I've seen them attack without sign posts before and thought it was a glitch in the game - I should have known better

Comment

The page you were looking moved to a different location... You're likely to find it from the HOME page

WOW!1

Comment

Build and post pics!!

The page you were looking moved to a different location... You're likely to find it from the HOME page

Comment

Unfair! This thread jumped to the top, I hoped there was a Live/PSN announcement on a remake

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                        Man I though I was meant to do some wicked duck jump combo to make Leo dizzy - Slow pulse it is. Need to stop reading this thread, Saur will have completed the game for me at this rate
                        Reading back through this thread, this did make me LOL! I remember my time spent with Joe being all about making these evolutionary gameplay discoveries when actually I was just doing what I was told through the whole thing. Still its one thing to know the path, but another to be able to walk it..right? right? XD

Comment

Tracked this baby since it was announced. One of my all time favourite games.

I was hoping for any snippet of impossible news. Statue thing is nice tho.

Comment

Working...
                          X