No announcement yet.

Dead Rising

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VG+ normally test it out on their PAL machine soon as they get stock, so keep an eye on the blog if I were you.

Comment

One thing I do find quite irritating about this is how the camera is completely manually controlled. It requires constant correction which can become tiring after a while.

Comment

Compared to the camera in the N3 demo (one of the worst I've seen in years) it's heaven. I've not had much trouble with it at all.

Comment

Finally got to play the demo Saturday night and it was OK, but had minor niggles that let it down for me. Just little things like in the guitar shop you can pick up a lead guitar and it makes an electric sound when you smash it into a zombies face, you can also grab a bass guitar which has a different attack set up but makes the exact same electric sound - I was hoping for some slap bass effect. Told you they were minor niggles...Also while its fun to climb up a zombie and jump off its head - what is the point?

I really like the lack of music though, backing my way through an empty shop and then hearing groans behind me, which turned out to be a bunch of mindless zombies walking into the glass window was class.

Not a demo I see myself playing over and over once I've seen all the cutscenes and found that kitchen for some frying pan fun >_<

Comment

the zombie vault is to allow for that zombie surfing i reckon, as seen in a the pics of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift
              Finally got to play the demo Saturday night and it was OK, but had minor niggles that let it down for me. Just little things like in the guitar shop you can pick up a lead guitar and it makes an electric sound when you smash it into a zombies face, you can also grab a bass guitar which has a different attack set up but makes the exact same electric sound - I was hoping for some slap bass effect.
              Possibly just because it's an old demo they didn't have as many sound effects in there, or because there's so many weapons in the game. (I hear there's only a fraction in the demo)

Also while its fun to climb up a zombie and jump off its head - what is the point?
              If there's a group of them, I'm pretty sure you can run along all their shoulders - quite a good way of getting out of a tight spot, and not so easy to pull off that it takes away the challenge.

I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but it definitely seems to have grown on me the more I play. (and as I said, if you try to set yourself a challenge, like levelling, or getting a high score photo etc it seems to be more enjoyable)

Comment

Having tried this over the weekend there is no doubt this will be purchased.

Things I would have liked to have seen though are rag-doll physics and more destructable objects, ie stalls in the shops etc.

Also, I know this is more of a comedy type zombie game but I would have prefered more of a scare type game. There is no urgency to any of it, it just seems almost too easy to kill the zombies.

Looks very promising though considering this is only a demo.

Comment

I can understand where Spag is come from. I was expecting more objects initially after all the hype on here, but then this is a demo, and I'm sure the other 900 or so things you can interact with will fill things out significantly.

Comment

Oh so you can do a Tony Jaa and run across the top of them? Thats cool.

I think I built the demo up a bit too much in my mind - I needed to stick a coat hanger in a Zombies eye so bad that when I actually did its was a bit Meh. The hand in the mouth was good tho

I guess I was hoping for Zombie comedy at every turn - especially when I went into the Gents...sadly empty of urinating undead.

Originally posted by andrewfee
                    I was a bit underwhelmed at first, but it definitely seems to have grown on me the more I play. (and as I said, if you try to set yourself a challenge, like levelling, or getting a high score photo etc it seems to be more enjoyable)
                    Yeah, not really done much of that camera stuff yet (founf the camera vs the weapon aim a bit disorientating) - will set myself some challenges - like try and put as many things on zombies heads or something
                    Last edited by spagmasterswift; 07-08-2006, 10:34.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewfee
                      Anyone know if it's possible to hit level 12 in the 15 minutes you get?
                      Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Didn't know you could pick up a bench - I clearly need to spend more time on this demo

Comment

Yeah the more time you spend with it the better it gets.
                          At first my only real criticism was that you felt like a kid in a sweet shop. Too much choice, too many ways to inflict squeezy death and not enough time! It's a superb demo, wading knee deep through the dead is just wicked.

Comment

Yeah, not really done much of that camera stuff yet (founf the camera vs the weapon aim a bit disorientating)
                            You can adjust the cameras (both aiming & game-cam) in the options - both can be set inverted or not or one of each.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth
                              ...well that looks like a lot of fun. I presume he just kept doing that over and over?

I was running all over the mall taking photos of things, mixing up the weapons etc and had a good 5 minutes to spare so I could actually play as level 11. Don't think I'll bother trying to hit level 12 if he can only just make it by doing that. (didn't even get to find out what the bonus was)

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                                You can adjust the cameras (both aiming & game-cam) in the options - both can be set inverted or not or one of each.
                                It wasn't the invert problem but the fact that the camera is on one trigger and the weapon aim on the other - I kept wanting to throw something but going to Camera instead which makes you drop the thing your carrying - obviously this is more down to my stoopidity tho Also there was a difference between the way you use the camera and the weapon aim but can't remember it at the moment - Was very drunk when I played and now very hung over

Comment

Working...
                                X