Motorstorm (Full version)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Motorstorm (Full version)

I got Motorstorm today, it's already out in Japan.
    Let me say that I downloaded the demo from the US PlayStation Store and I was a bit dissapointed. Playing this full version though was something else.
    Forget about the demo, the retail version is absolutely amazing.

I really like the atmosphere of the game. Road Rash meets Mad Max meets Burnout. Talking about Burnout and crazy crashes with damage modelling, Motorstorm beats Burnout in every possible way.

The Japanese version doesn't have online play, but I can't wait to get online with the US version. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is very good with all vehicles and menu's are very simple but they do their job. The music is not bad with Nirvana and Queens of the Stone Age, but there are two things that are wrong about the game.

-No edit mode (uploading avatars from pc and putting them on cars is something next gen should have)
    -No music from HD (1995 Ridge Racer anyone?)

So it's not what's in the game that's bad, but what's missing.
    Let's hope the sequel will have these features.

Bottom line: buy it on import now (you don't want to wait seriously) and buy the US version for online play which is going to be very, very cool.

Ken

Originally posted by Akihabara
    I got Motorstorm today, it's already out in Japan.
    Let me say that I downloaded the demo from the US PlayStation Store and I was a bit dissapointed. Playing this full version though was something else.
    Forget about the demo, the retail version is absolutely amazing.

I really like the atmosphere of the game. Road Rash meets Mad Max meets Burnout. Talking about Burnout and crazy crashes with damage modelling, Motorstorm beats Burnout in every possible way.

The Japanese version doesn't have online play, but I can't wait to get online with the US version. Graphics are amazing, gameplay is very good with all vehicles and menu's are very simple but they do their job. The music is not bad with Nirvana and Queens of the Stone Age, but there are two things that are wrong about the game.

-No edit mode (uploading avatars from pc and putting them on cars is something next gen should have)
    -No music from HD (1995 Ridge Racer anyone?)

So it's not what's in the game that's bad, but what's missing.
    Let's hope the sequel will have these features.

Bottom line: buy it on import now (you don't want to wait seriously) and buy the US version for online play which is going to be very, very cool.

Ken

I agree with all your comments, mate!
    The game is fantastic and is WAY DIFFERENT to the demo!
    By the way, Online play is apparently going to be made possible via a patch for the JPN version.

Comment

Really? Where you hear that matey?

Got mine on order from NCSX, so hoping it ships out soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleeders
        Really? Where you hear that matey?

Got mine on order from NCSX, so hoping it ships out soon.
        Some developer's forum. Also, on the main Japanese site it says in Japanese  Online Play: Not Implemented As of Yet, meaning that the feature will be made available.

Comment

Good news then! I wasnt as blown away as I had hoped by the demo, so bring on the Jpn version whenever it arrives from YA (if it ever does!)

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
            Online Play: Not Implemented As of Yet, meaning that the feature will be made available.
            Correct.

Thanks for all your comments guys, keep them coming

Comment

Is the game running in English on US machines?

Not surprised about the online patch, it's the same game after all.

Comment

Originally posted by womblingfree
                Is the game running in English on US machines?

Not surprised about the online patch, it's the same game after all.
                English mixed with Japanese on my JPN PS3. Japanese text is minimal though and you should have no problems with the game.

Comment

Brilliant, actually quite chuffed I won't have to shell out for the US version purely for online play either.

Comment

Originally posted by venom743
                    English mixed with Japanese on my JPN PS3. Japanese text is minimal though and you should have no problems with the game.
                    I wonder if it will switch to 100% English in a US machine like Resistance?

Comment

Thing is, I've got a JPN machine and the JPN version of Resistance and the game boots up in English when I set the machine's language to English.

Comment

Ordered this today from yes asia, the news that an online patch will be released for the japanese version sealed the deal.

Any more updates from the guys that already have the game?

Comment

Originally posted by Fastslyfox
                          Ordered this today from yes asia, the news that an online patch will be released for the japanese version sealed the deal.

Any more updates from the guys that already have the game?
                          yeah what he said, first impressions please?

Comment

What else do you want to know then in the opening post?

Comment

It's not online, there are no replays, there's doesn't even seem to be a speedometer...and it's the best racer I've played since the original Wipeout.

Go in cab and the sense of speed is great, especially as you see the dust, and mud flying, splattering on your windscreen and bonnet as the rally cars, quads, motorbikes, rigs and buggies fly, explode and crumple all around you.

When I first booted up and played it seemed as though the picture wasn't quite as pin sharp as in the demo. I think this is because of all the stuff going on that Evolution have since optimised everything to run smoothly and added a ton of extra effects. And it does run smoothly, no noticeable framerate hits at all as yet.

There's some Japanese text, but very little and the Japanese version is fully playable to non-Japanese speakers.

As for the 'lack of features' that have been commented on, well yes, there is bugger all to do here except have the most fun and unique racing experience available. Anything else (replays!!!) should be possible through future patches I'd presume.

Given the choice between a bare bones Motorstorm with gameplay intact and waiting a few more months for an 'EA'd' Motorstorm, I'll take my copy now please and have a thoroughly merry Christmas
                              Last edited by womblingfree; 20-12-2006, 14:01.

Comment

Working...
                              X