World Championship Snooker 2007 (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Championship Snooker 2007 (360)

Been waiting for this one for absolutely ages, so picked it up today.

Loading time during games is kept to a minimum, quite long before a game starts though (20-30 seconds approx.) - the new cue ball indicator works a charm, really helps in break building, and you have the option of using the right stick to control your shot or pressing A and using power bars.

Not everything is rosey though - there is a massive glitch which could be game breaking (its pissing me off no end).

Every single ball is a reflective surface - the lights bounce off them and it looks great ... but the developers have made the underside of the ball reflective as well, which means that the ball is normal (ie the right colour and bouncing light reflections off) in the top half of the ball but the bottom half (which starts bang in the middle of the ball in a perfectly cut line) is reflecting the colour of the blaize ... put it one way, on the pool tables which have blue blaize it looks as though the balls are half under water because the bottom half of every ball is blue.

I am hoping this gets patched asap - its not unplayable with the glitch but its mighty close

My copy is in the post, mighty worried by the glitch you mentioned!

Comment

Mine's on the way too, really looking forward to it, though saddened by the foul glitch I seem to have read about in every review so far - assume that's the one your talking about John.

Comment

the glitch is more graphical than gameplay - not read any reviews so now i am dreading there being another, more gamebreaking glitch that i am yet to discover.

just taken 20 mins to get a 29 break, then i missed a sitter and the AI cleared up with a 89 break

cheating bastard AIft:

edit: just read a review on pro-g - no mention of the graphical glitch but he does mention the foul shot one ... tbh if this only effects offline play then its easy enough to beat the **** out of the person you are playing if they abuse it.
        Last edited by John Beaulieu; 11-01-2007, 17:52.

Comment

I meant to ask...is the AI as insanely unfair and hard as in the previous games? In 2005 it wasn't TOO bad, but in 2006 it was ****ing insane and I never played it again!

Is there any way you can post a screenshot of the graphical glitch you are talking about John?

Comment

I checked out a couple of in game video's and the reflections seem virtually non-existent, they must have been one of the last things to be included.

Comment

Leave the AI with an easy shot, and with the reds opened up and they will amass a big break - same as how anyone half decent at real snooker will punish you if you leave them on with the reds split up and in easy positions.

Play a good safety game however and you can keep the Ai to single digit scores, and in the games I have played upto now the AI doesn't like a good safety game and will start to make mistakes leaving you with the easy shots.

You can save replays of your best shots to the hdd - i hope that you can send them to peeps in your friends list (i was clearing up the colours to win a match, needed pink and black - pink was off its spot, black was on its. I did a tremendous cut on the pink, full power and the cue ball cannoned off the inside jaw to the left side middle pocket and rolled into perfect position for the black - i nearly dislocated my thumb trying to save the replay )

Once I get into the game the glitch becomes less noticeable, its still there but I am concentrating so much on my shot, and the position of the cue ball for the next shot that I forget about it - can't take a screenshot cos my digi camera isn't here at the mo but it should be noted that its less noticeable on the green baize of the snooker table than it is on the blue of the pool table.

Comment

took some on my phone

Comment

That is bad, especially on the last picture. Like two different coloured balls have been joined in the middle.

Comment

lol that green ball photo is mad!

Comment

the thing is, this plays the best game of snooker I have played on a console - after the initial loading there is none during a match, the ai is both challenging and ****e at the same time (like a real opponent) and the addition of the cue ball indicator is a master stroke ... just got that bloody line through every ball

Comment

That last one is appalling. This needs patching RIGHT now really...

About to pop it in my 360, hope it plays as well as you say John!

Comment

Will Blade patch it as they didn't care about the players upset about the terrible voice comms on one of their previous snooker titles for xbox live

Quick question. Can you play Pool on LIVE against a mate or do we have to wait for Pool challenge 2007, like we did with the previous snooker titles from blade ?

Comment

Ooh saw this in Game today, looks & sounds pretty good

Has anyone tried it yet on a Jap machine???

Dont wanna buy it from Game if it doesnt now that they dont have their 10 day return offer

Neil

Comment

Mixed feelings...the AI is still ROCK SOLID, even at the first match where I got spanked 5-0. I managed to get quite far ahead and then missed a shot I was certain I had lined up, but missed it by a mile. Then the opponent proceded to clear the table. This happened at twice.

Really really good game, the graphical glitch is very visible even playing snooker. I suppose the AI is forgivable because thats realism for you, but it could miss a few shots OCCASIONALLY...

Comment

Working...
                              X