Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Leone View Post
    The bosses in this game are poorly thought out, and IMO they contradict the purpose of the gameplay. For a game thats ment to be so open ended you're basically using the same tatic with the boss. Would of been cool if one of them was a super agent like yourself, or they were travelling around in armoured vechicals around the city and there would be a high way chase or something.

Judging by ending, it wouldn't surprise me if some downloadable content possibly adds an interior to the agency building and gives us one big final boss?

It's not actually that short, it's just you're having far too much fun while you're playing it. I mean it's definately over 10 hours. On the boss thing, I think cranking the difficulty up really changes it, as on the default tough setting, you just stand there shooting them until they run out of health.

Try that on the hardest setting and you get chopped to bits, infact even the areas the bosses are in suddenly turn into proper full blown levels requiring tactical approaches, and one wrong move is all it takes to end up right back at the beginning.

Mind you, I'm not very good at games so it's probably just me :P

Comment

For a sandbox game it is short when compared to the likes of GTA. I would`ve liked to have seen some mad boss battles where you have to chase the bastard at high speed in the Supercar or have to leap from one side of the city to the other to catch up with them before administering the coup de grace.

As has been mentioned before, I don`t think it would`ve been too difficult for them to have made a little deathmatch arena where we could take our agents and knock 7 bells out of eachother with our super agent powers.

Whatever the downloadable content maybe, I`m getting quite excited about it now, but then again it isn`t going to be like getting Crackdown 2 and the whole thing could be over again in 20 minutes.

Comment

Been stuck pn 499 for a couple of sessions. On about 220 hidden orbs -they aren't really that well hidden, and helpfully are always in similar places. After a while you can predict where they will be.

Comment

It is still fairly easy set to Psychotic (the only part I had any real trouble with was Wang), but it is a lot more fun than Normal - it actually requires a bit of thought, yes, and running in all guns blazing will see you killed in seconds.

Comment

Got my 500th orb this morning, after about 10 minutes.

Very happy.

It was one of the ones about 2ft off the ground in Los Meutos. Grrr.

Comment

I found the missing orb, got about 80 hidden orbs to find and the 29 stunt markers to drive through... then the coop missions!

Anyone need a coop buddy to rampage through the bosses just for 50 gamerpoints?

Comment

Really enjoyed it whilst it lasted, and i found myself putting off the final few bosses to do as much of the other stuff as i could to prolong my time in the city. Got all the secret orbs, but i'm still missing 2 bloody agility orbs and they could be anywhere. It's always like this with these item hunt bits in games, i'm kind of left wishing there was some way it narrowed it down a little for you when you get to the final few.

Edit: I loaded the game backup after writing that, and within 5 minutes found both missing orbs (both in the bottom right beach/rock area of los muertos). noel edmunds should be informed of this winge based cosmic ordering system.
                Last edited by Rebelli0n; 18-03-2007, 03:27.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebelli0n View Post
                  Edit: I loaded the game backup after writing that, and within 5 minutes found both missing orbs (both in the bottom right beach/rock area of los muertos). noel edmunds should be informed of this winge based cosmic ordering system.
                  Those were orbs 498/499 for me.

When you start going for the high flying orbs, it's so easy to miss the ones so low down.

Comment

What's the difference between a single player game and inviting someone in and hosting a co-op game?

If you host a co-op game does it use your/the host's save file, so essentially it's the same as starting a single player game and inviting someone in which ends your session anyway to load it for both players (so much for drop in and out co-op like Gears)?

Comment

Its just the same, but it means you both join the game at the same time, instead of creating the game, inviting, having them join when it then resets the game again to the start. If that made sense!?

Comment

Originally posted by kendra View Post

Anyone need a coop buddy to rampage through the bosses just for 50 gamerpoints?

Sounds like fun. You around tomorrow ?? I'm free all day.....

Comment

Tonight is going to be painful I have 295 /300 hidden orbs.

Comment

Oh hell! That must be painful! They could be slightly hard to find!

Comment

300!
                              300 Fricking orbs! WHOOOP
                              Sparta!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                                300!
                                300 Fricking orbs! WHOOOP
                                Sparta!
                                DOUBLE SPARTA!!!!!!
                                I shat a brick on that last orb, was literally 299/300 with only 2 possible orbs left.
                                THANK GOD IT WAS THERE!
                                300/300
                                DONE AND DUSTED and all for 50 bloody points on the GS, THE SWINES.

Comment

Working...
                                X