Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by David GP View Post
    Just so you know: the "hidden orb glitch" has been addressed. After months looking for it, I've finally stumbled upon the one I was missing: it was in an underground corridor right beneath Central Point building - a place which, of course, I had visited several times before, and which was totally empty until the recent update.

Yoshimax : I wouldn't be surprised if the orb you're looking for is the one I've just found. All you have to do is find the entrance to that corridor. Do not walk into Central Point building, just cross the street bordering the back of the building, and find the entrance to the passageway that goes under that street. There you go!
    Assuming I'm thinking about the right place, I found that orb today and another orb right near it which was invisible but the sound was so loud I had to keep finding it.

58 to go, that sound being loud is actually quite annoying.

Comment

initially a little disappointed with the DLC, tried a couple of races but got frustrated.

then flipped the gangs back on, went out into the city again trying out the new agent cars and weapons and realised what i love about this game.

yes its great fun, perfectly polished, a true sandbox etc etc but what is really is is a dream for anybody with OCD.

collecting blue orbs, collecting green orbs, collecting white orbs, tons of achievements, and now several garages of cars to impound.

love it.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
        What do you mean by big jumps, just as it sounds? I'm having trouble getting my driving ability up...

John
        Me too, for every big jump I try (I must be not using the right cars as I never get through those hoops) I kill too many people so it cancels it out

Comment

Yeah, driving is the only area I've not got 4* in, mow far to many civvies down Gonna crack on with time trials in the truck for (hopefully) massive gains

Comment

Originally posted by kendra View Post
            Assuming I'm thinking about the right place, I found that orb today and another orb right near it which was invisible but the sound was so loud I had to keep finding it.

58 to go, that sound being loud is actually quite annoying.
            Im stuck on the same orb, there was one in the stairwell inside the building, but then i went back to the stairs on the street round the back of central point and i can still hear the noise.. Yet no matter how many times i search for it i still cant find another orb..

Merf::::: What are the white orbs for???

Comment

Originally posted by powkisser View Post
              Im stuck on the same orb, there was one in the stairwell inside the building, but then i went back to the stairs on the street round the back of central point and i can still hear the noise.. Yet no matter how many times i search for it i still cant find another orb..
              That one is underground and the entrance isn't near where the or is, I can't remember exactly where the entrance is but look around for a path underground.
              Originally posted by powkisser View Post
              Merf::::: What are the white orbs for???
              Stockpile races

Comment

Anyone feeling like doing some Co-Op from the begining? Feel like getting the achievements for Co-Op play and I've never done Crackdown Co-op before

Comment

Originally posted by Swallow View Post
                  Yeah, driving is the only area I've not got 4* in, mow far to many civvies down Gonna crack on with time trials in the truck for (hopefully) massive gains
                  Get one of 'em new jeeps, head to the beach and go jump crazy - you'll level out in no time !!!

Comment

Ugh - only 2 orbs left to find and its becoming a chore. Is it true that agility orbs are only outside - not inside buildings?

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
                      Ugh - only 2 orbs left to find and its becoming a chore. Is it true that agility orbs are only outside - not inside buildings?
                      Yes but there are a few agility orbs that might be on platforms or under a network of pipes.

Can I suggest looking around the oil rig and the refinery because there is the odd orb or two that are inside circular pipes - you can jump over them and miss them quite easily?

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                        Yes but there are a few agility orbs that might be on platforms or under a network of pipes.

Can I suggest looking around the oil rig and the refinery because there is the odd orb or two that are inside circular pipes - you can jump over them and miss them quite easily?
                        Cheers - got one - one to go, I think it is in the Volk area but I have no real reason for thinking so. As Jebus said I want to do this before I buy the DLC.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMcL7 View Post
                          I'm having trouble getting my driving ability up...
                          There is a quick(ish) way to get your driving ability up once it reaches level 3. You need to have all gangs on, which either means you need to be near the beginning or have completed the game. Basically just get the agency truck and melt it round the freeway. Once the truck gets over 90 mph on level 3 or higher, any vehicle it touches flips and then explodes for massive damage.

Any gang vehicles explode killing all inside resulting in loads of driving points. You will kill plenty of civilians and agency cops, but for some reason the negative impact of this is not that bad and you stats will rise up very quickly.

I got my driving from 3* 49 to the full 4* -- in just over twenty minutes by just looping round the freeway mowing stuff down .

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
                            Cheers - got one - one to go, I think it is in the Volk area but I have no real reason for thinking so. As Jebus said I want to do this before I buy the DLC.
                            You`ve probably done it already but check every inch of the coastline and all the rocky areas too as there are a few low level agility orbs on them. Don`t just restict your efforts to looking on the buildings.

I was stuck on 499 for ages when I was looking and I finally found it on top of that giant glass football in the Shai Gen, so don`t give up you will find it!

On the subject of driving. Before I killed the fella at the Volk refinery I used to kill alot of bad guys there, go and do another mission and whenever I was passing I`d kill some more, this along with completing the road races will increase your driving no end. For me the game just became so much better when my driving was maxed, the stunts are ace!

One other thing, the buggy on the DLC doesn`t require you to be 4* to be able to flip it, get it down to the beach and do loads of barrel rolls and flips to get some driving orbs, also winning races in the Street Racer mode in the DLC will get you more orbs!

Comment

Can't understand this masochistic "not getting DLC till have orbs" thing - They included it for a reason (to help those hunting down their last few) and nobody will know if you did it pre or post DLC so I'm struggling to understand people both complaining about finding it but refusing to DL the one thing that could help them ???

Just about everyone who had them pre-DLC used a FAQ or map/screendumps anyway !!!

I still reckon hitting the beach with either the SUV or Buggy and just going off the ramps'll get your driving up quicker.

Me mate actually found the other day there's an area on the beach where the sand goes part way up the wall (it's beside where the pier juts out) - You can drive head first into that in the buggy and it'll rocket straight up in the air vertically making a 4xflip easy - Your orbs will absolutely skyrocket with that !!!

Comment

Quick question - when you go to select ressurect gangs and the games states - all mission progress will be lost - does this destroy stats?

I am either getting stupider or this game is getting more complex but this DLC seems to raise many questions it doesn't answer itself.

Comment

Working...
                                X