• Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes i have the street racer elite

and it was not all that fun either

Rubbish computer driving AI
    small courses and lots of cars on it

Some are easy like the last course and first course

Some like the Den and La mugre races with certain types of cars are clearly designed to show how broken the driving section can be.

utterly utterly frustrating and i'm still not sure if i'll ever use a car in this game again....
    Last edited by Destrukticor; 16-05-2007, 10:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Blair View Post
      No and it is really hard. Those other races are pure evil. Plus I dislike driving those smart cars... Its gonna take a while I think.
      It`s easier than you think but I found out too late as to avoid pulling my hair out!

The only car I had a real problem with was the limo on the Hope Springs track. I got so pissed of that I couldn`t do it I got out of the car and started shooting the other cars so......

Street Racer Elite Achievement Made Easy!

1) The second the race starts jump out of your car and burst the tyres of the closest car to you and when it slows down enough for you to catch it up blow the petrol tank.

2) Travel the wrong way round the track (either on foot or in your car) to a point where you will meet the other racers, a corner after a straight is good. As the racers approach stand on the side of the road where the petrol tanks of the advancing cars will be facing you and take out as many cars as you can with your pistol!

You might only get a handful but when you can`t hit anymore petrol tanks shoot some tyres as they drive away and blow em up when they are incompacitated. You have three laps to do this but you should easilly do it in 2, the Agency Racing Car may take 3 laps to destroy them all but they can be done in the same way.

3) With all of your opponants getting crispy at the side of the road, jump in your own car, finish the race and claim your victory!!

Edit - I have since tested this method and it works on all cars on all courses.
      Last edited by Nembot; 16-05-2007, 10:13.

Comment

Got the DLC last night, booted my game and *poof* my save game is gone!! Did a bit of searching and it turns out it's a pretty major problem. Also found the fix which will stop it happening that you have to do BEFORE you download anything (typical).

Sent this to Microsoft, not expectin' much:

"I recently purchased 800 Microsoft points to allow me to download the new content for Crackdown, which I have done. I then went to play my completed save game of Crackdown only to discover that the save file has been overwritten by the new update!

The reason I purchased the new content was to keep the game fresh and exciting for when i play co-op with my younger brother (who hasn't lost his save data I hasten to add) and continue from where I was not to have to start all over again from scratch.

This is not the first problem I have had with a software update, the first was at the end of last year when the 1080P HD-DVD drive update froze my system on boot due to incompatibility when running through VGA and that has only JUST been fixed with the Spring update! I must mention that I went through over an hour on the phone with a support representative and had my machine swapped twice (losing all my save data) before someone else from Microsoft Customer Support told me that there "may be a software issue"!

I think it is disgusting that once again a software update has been provided that is causing problems with Xbox 360 users. I understand that Microsoft operates a "no refunds" policy with regards to DLC but I feel that on this occasion something should be offered to the people who have lost hours of playtime due a problem that should have been discovered at the test faze!

I await your response.

Me."

So, yeah, grrrrr Microsoft, grrrrr!!

Comment

heh doing the elite street racer that way is cheating

doing it the proper way is much more satisfying

Comment

Originally posted by Destrukticor View Post
            heh doing the elite street racer that way is cheating

doing it the proper way is much more satisfying

Agreed, but there people who like to cheat and people that might not have the ability or patience to complete the races, my mini guide of for them.

I completed all races baring one before I sussed out the cheeky way of doing it, I hope some folks find it helpful.

Comment

Its not cheating its using your head and ability, So I may not be the best driver in the world, but i can pick up your car and launch it into the sea....

I got pissed off on the 4th Map, which is when I got out the car and layeth the smackdown, I used my car as a block after a bend then when they all piled up and went kick happy and kicked them all into the water

Comment

It's what makes crackdown so good - the game is ALL about improvising.

The races can be pretty frustrating so just getting out and kicking **** out of the AI is a welcome addition

Comment

true perhaps cheating was too strong a word...

probably just my frustration of not picking up how to do this myself before struggling on and doing it the hard way.

if i had thought about it i would certainly have done it using nembots guide...

Comment

Why d'ya think they let you have the pistol instead of removing all weapons

Comment

Nembot I bloody love ya!

Fantastic technique, if you can't beat em blow the tires off and smash them to bits. The laps become so peace after you have removed the competition.

But wait for it...drum roll please...I found the last remaining agilty orb chasing after one of the cars I'd blown the wheels off. Such a great moment seeing that lonely little green orb all by its self.

Comment

I got the DLC on release, and then played "Keys to the city" then afterwards I played coop with TBM.

I just started the game to get Halo, but it's not out, so I decided to play the SP, but Ohhhh noooo my save game is empty.

All settings to ZERO, and my orbs are gone. I had 3 left to find and was looking forward to the new "easier" noise they give. Hours and hours of my life are wasted.

Really really pissed off.

Comment

Oof! Really sorry to hear that Capcom. I've been there and it's not funny.

Still can't believe that they haven't patched it for this problem.

If (big IF I know) you decide to restart, make sure you delete your save as it's probably corrupted now and you'll get all sorts of weird glitches like the garage doors not opening.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
                            Oof! Really sorry to hear that Capcom. I've been there and it's not funny.

Still can't believe that they haven't patched it for this problem.

If (big IF I know) you decide to restart, make sure you delete your save as it's probably corrupted now and you'll get all sorts of weird glitches like the garage doors not opening.
                            Thanks mate. Theres a good few of us on the thread. Muppet testing a go go...

I was thinking that maybe the data is recoverable, so not sure I want to wipe it.

I've emailed xbox support for help.

I am NOT impressed!

Comment

No recovery C_S - I feel your pain despite having avoided it thankfully - only 2 orbs left if I went back to 0 it'd be the end of crackdown for me !

Comment

Crackdown just updated when I put it in - anyone know what that was for?

Comment

Working...
                                X