No announcement yet.

Crackdown (360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Already posted about this; I don't enjoy the handling model at all. I don't think there's a single car in the game that feels "right" to me. I like the buggy, sure, but to race with? God, no. I prefer my vehicles to not flip out at the slightest twitch too far on the controls, not to lurch round corners like a dying cow on a waterslide, not to spin like a figure skater at the slightest little knock... and I prefer my AI not to power through all of these problems as if nothing's happened to them .

It's not really a big deal, I never expected to get the full gamerscore out of it - and I still adore much of the rest of the game, as should hopefully be obvious from my posts. Plus the vehicles are frequently a laugh to mess around with. But racing? No, thanks. Feels like a half-assed amateurish mod of a system that wasn't really any good in the first place... I mean, there's no real reason beyond having a laugh to ever climb in any car in the game to begin with.

Still, different strokes. If you can enjoy it that much, good for you; I'm envious, seriously. I'll still stick to Burnout, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
      Oh, God. 1 agility orb left. I think I may just go quietly mad now, save myself the trouble later.
      Have you found it yet? I had missed a few in the Volk shipyard and I've just found the last two I needed after being stuck on 498 and thinking I had searched EVERYWHERE for them. Both were in Shai-Gen; one was on top of the glass dome (Melissa Fang-Yin boss location) and the other was on top of the Apartment buildings near the Expo center (Oakley's location).

Got 198 hidden orbs now, but screw that, I'll leave those to last.

Comment

I got one boss left in Los Meurtos or whatever it's called, then I assume I have to kill the kingpin. I did the boss in the big warehouse, used a nice little grenade launcher on his vehicles, it was aceness.
        I love the big cracks that appear when you land. Great game, amazing scenes etc.
        It's nice to play something that's fun after I'd got bored to tears with Twilight Princess.

Comment

No, I haven't found my 500th. Went back to Odin Sphere, plus I have other things to do... still, I know I got them from those two locations. I'm really not going to go too mad over it - I'm not searching the city inch by inch and it's practically impossible to find them intentionally any other way. Eh. If it happens, it happens. If not, doesn't mean too much to me. Would be nice to finish them though, I do admit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
            No, I haven't found my 500th. Went back to Odin Sphere, plus I have other things to do... still, I know I got them from those two locations. I'm really not going to go too mad over it - I'm not searching the city inch by inch and it's practically impossible to find them intentionally any other way. Eh. If it happens, it happens. If not, doesn't mean too much to me. Would be nice to finish them though, I do admit.
            Eight Rooks - Last seen playing Crackdown, 10pm - 6am

Comment

Lolz. If it happens it happens.

Comment

Yes. That's right. I was playing it for eight hours straight. No, really.

Dunno what that's picking up on, but I haven't played anything for that long recently, let alone Crackdown - ah, screw it, not like you're going to believe me anyway.

Seriously, I have been giving it a lot of time lately, but whatever length of time it was for, it wasn't just orb hunting. <shrugs> I actually got more caught up in killing the bosses again than I thought I would be.

Comment

I was only messing about, mate!

I too ended up going for the gangs again rather than just orb hunting, levelling up.

Comment

Heh, you had me worried there. I do tend to lose track of time.

Comment

I finally found my last hidden orb! That's all agility and hidden orbs now found.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
                        I finally found my last hidden orb! That's all agility and hidden orbs now found.
                        I see this as almost impossible to get. The area is so large, and the last few must have taken a long time?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                          I see this as almost impossible to get. The area is so large, and the last few must have taken a long time?
                          It took me about two weeks to find my last agility orb and roughly the same amount of time to find the last 34 hidden ones, with a few days devoted to the last one. I'm so glad that's over with!

Comment

Just finished this tonight the main game that is and i have to say the last game to grab me by the nuts like Crackdown was ICO, and now its all over i feel rather empty inside and realy gutted as i realy did love every minute of the campaign.
                            Agh well still the multiplayer is very good plus i have about 60 odd orbs to find still and a few rooftop and car races so not all bad after completing this bad boy.

Last word Crackdown = Awesomeness!! best bit of fun you will have with a granade launcher and a machine gun.

G.

Comment

I feel a bit gutted that I've finished it too, me and my mate played it solid for a good week co-op over Live all day every day and it was over so fast because of that. I really wish I spread it out too as i cant get back into it again for some reason. Truly was a gem though.

Comment

Can one person get all the Achievements if they're doing the main game with someone who's completed the game?

Comment

Working...
                                X