Puzzle Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
    Got hold of this eventually for a stupid price compared to the internet but it truly is worth every penny.

Only done two levels but I can see it being more addictive than Advance Wars i.e playing it in the bath
    You're right. I've been taking more baths than showers lately, just so I can keep playing Puzzle Quest.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
      You're right. I've been taking more baths than showers lately, just so I can keep playing Puzzle Quest.
      So that's why you don't smell so much when you come over for a quick chat...

Comment

In case anyone is still hunting, Gameplay have it in stock for £14.99

Comment

shopto have it on a 2 for ?30 with a selection of games across many formats.

Comment

Originally posted by Geoff D View Post
            In case anyone is still hunting, Gameplay have it in stock for £14.99
            Don't forget 11% off via Quidco! \o/

Comment

Originally posted by Boggy View Post
              Got hold of this eventually for a stupid price compared to the internet but it truly is worth every penny.

Only done two levels but I can see it being more addictive than Advance Wars i.e playing it in the bath
              The toilet I can understand, but why take your DS into a bath with you? How do you avoid soaking it?

Back to the subject of the game however, can someone comment a little more on the rpg aspect? Do you just have one screen where two character images appear at once to simulate a conversation? Or do you have a little guy walking round the world etc?

I'm a sucker for puzzlers and rpgs so this more or less screams "must buy" to me (I've been getting into the Yu-Gi-Oh card battle games myself of late, and while those are AIMED at kids ala Pokemon, there's still a very deep and pretty addictive game to be had)

Does puzzle Quest have an online mode as well?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                Back to the subject of the game however, can someone comment a little more on the rpg aspect? Do you just have one screen where two character images appear at once to simulate a conversation? Or do you have a little guy walking round the world etc?
                A bit of both. The conversations are there - a bit like Fire Emblem - but you also have an overworld map you can explore in order to encounter monsters, buy from shops, get quests and so on.

Comment

Why the hell official nintendo magazine gave this around 60% is beyond me if what you guys are saying is correct.

Comment

I think they missed the point

Comment

Originally posted by thebuddahman View Post
                      Why the hell official nintendo magazine gave this around 60% is beyond me if what you guys are saying is correct.
                      No Mario?

Comment

Originally posted by Daragon View Post
                        The toilet I can understand, but why take your DS into a bath with you? How do you avoid soaking it?

I'm a sucker for puzzlers and rpgs so this more or less screams "must buy" to me (I've been getting into the Yu-Gi-Oh card battle games myself of late, and while those are AIMED at kids ala Pokemon, there's still a very deep and pretty addictive game to be had)

Does puzzle Quest have an online mode as well?
                        I've always wanted to take the DS in the bath but thought it was a stupid idea. I know when I read in the bath the book ends up a bit soggy even though I'm always drying my hands.

The RPG aspect is quite deep, you have a lot of freedom. You can capture and train mounts, forge items from runes, take over cities so that the pay you every month, learn new spells etc. How you level your character, and outfit your character's equipment and spells has a huge effect on the gameplay as well. Fantastic game.
                        No online just local multiplayer and not single card.

Although this is the first DS game I've had crash on me, anyone had this? Luckily it autosaves after everything you do.

Comment

yeah it seems a bit unstable here too, graphical glitches and one crash so far.

Comment

Appears to be back in stock again at Play - still for ?14.99

Comment

yeah I've noticed a lot of glitching, normally on the longer games that last more than 30 turns

Comment

Had to endure two 5 hour train journeys this week. Would have been hell if it wasn't for Puzzle Quest; I played it for the entire duration.

Up to Level 36 now and still don't think I'm anywhere near finishing.

Comment

Working...
                                X