No announcement yet.

Puzzle Quest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I reached a round 50 on my first play through (though I dunno if that's just the max level)

Comment

Originally posted by Psyduck View Post
      I reached a round 50 on my first play through (though I dunno if that's just the max level)
      I'm pretty sure it is. The last spell you can earn is awarded at level 50.

Comment

Yeah, but doesn't necessarily mean that's a level cap. I'll have a check in a bit

Comment

My copy turned up an Sat morning and pretty much all my free time this w'end has been spent on it. Took me a while to figure a few things out but now I'm well into it, great fun game and I've got to agree with what's been said about it being a "one more go game".

P.S make sure you don't get captured by the Orcs......!!
          Attached Files

Comment

lol, I'll be sure not to get captured

I'm terrible at this game, level 10 and still can't defeat the bat above the starting city I tried capturing another city and it completely destroyed me, don't think I even managed to damage it! Very addictive game though, been playing it a little bit every day.

Comment

I bought this on the strength of opinion on this thread, and have not regretted it one bit. I was away on business over the weekend, and had to endure over 20 hours of being a passenger in a car. Fear not though, as this game singlehandly relieved the tedium of the trip.
              I cannot believe no one has thought of a turn based puzzler like this before. Genius!

Comment

This game is continuing to swallow up vast amounts of my time. Was playing it till 12 last night. I've since bought other DS games which I really, really want to play, but they haven't had a look-in because of PQ.

It's just so damn addictive. Even when you face up against a really tough enemy, it doesn't dampen the game. You just keep coming back for me, trying to level up, buy a few new items, learn some skills, etc...

BTW, does anyone have any armour/weapon/item tips? What's best to go for?

Comment

Oh, and while I'm on the subject, has anyone noticed that there's crackling on some of the music? I'm assuming it's a compressing issue. It ruins an excellent soundtrack, but it's only really noticeable when using headphones.

I wish there was an option to turn off the animations, too. If you capture and foe and try to learn their magic, you play on a normal board but the gems don't 'fly' upwards, they just vanish - it's much easier to see what's going on and it seems to run faster too.

Comment

had a go of the pc demo

seems good a bit frustrating though in places though as the enemy seems to get REALLY lucky

Comment

Originally posted by Duddyroar View Post
                      Oh, and while I'm on the subject, has anyone noticed that there's crackling on some of the music? I'm assuming it's a compressing issue. It ruins an excellent soundtrack, but it's only really noticeable when using headphones.
                      I'm playing it using the speakers but have still noticed it but only on one of the tracks, was a bit suprised that they didn't know it was there and sort it. All the same I'm bloody loving this game and it's swallowed hrs upon hrs of my time so far. Just trying to get the Eat Skulls spell which is proving tricky.

Comment

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
                        had a go of the pc demo

seems good a bit frustrating though in places though as the enemy seems to get REALLY lucky
                        The developer responded to this a few times. He was adamant the computer doesn't cheat. He said the computer has no idea what is coming next because that would have been more work for him to write into the AI

Comment

had a go of the pc demo

Once you get better at it and get your character to higher levels this goes away and it becomes much more down to skill

Comment

I am new to this - but a level 8 bat is kicking my ass.

I am a wizard but i think i need more defence - any recommendations on good defence items ?

Comment

Once you get better at it and get your character to higher levels this goes away and it becomes much more down to skill
                              Yeah, once you level up things get easier. I still don't think the game is too hard on the early levels, you never 'die' as such so you can just keep trying till you win.

Comment

Yeah I found this too. As for taking the computers advice as to which move to go for then hold your horses and also have a good look around as many a time it's sugestion results in you giving the compter 3 skulls / 4 in a row to go for, cheeky bugger !!

Comment

Working...
                                X