No announcement yet.

Forza 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I landed pretty much everything that could fall off did fall off and I had no drive.

Comment

I've really gone off the boil with this game now to be honest. I really enjoyed it to begin with but the repetition has got the better of me, I've begun just hiring drivers to do the races for me because levelling up has started to take too long and become a chore.

I'm even thinking of selling it on to be honest to get The Darkness or something else.

Anyone else feel this way, or is it just me?

As I say, the repetition has just gotten the better of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        I've really gone off the boil with this game now to be honest. I really enjoyed it to begin with but the repetition has got the better of me, I've begun just hiring drivers to do the races for me because levelling up has started to take too long and become a chore.

I'm even thinking of selling it on to be honest to get The Darkness or something else.

I had a few days break, and now I'm back into it. Try that?

Comment

I feel the same way Jebus. Total chore... Mine is probably going to get traded in for Darkness this week.

Comment

Still enjoying it myself but I've not put much time in yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Selix View Post
              I had a few days break, and now I'm back into it. Try that?
              I had over a weeks break to be honest, but it just feels tedious now, I can't be bothered. I'm at level 24 now but getting to level 50 having to play the same courses over and over, it's just not gonna happen.

I wouldn't mind but I can only do a few races now because they all require level 25, 30, 40 and 50, so I'm almost stuck!

Comment

Exactly the same now mate

Tedious doesn't describe it, doubt it will get put on again so it may end up being traded in for something new.

It was fun whilst it lasted but it's downfall is too few tracks to race on

Comment

I had over a weeks break to be honest, but it just feels tedious now, I can't be bothered. I'm at level 24 now but getting to level 50 having to play the same courses over and over, it's just not gonna happen.

I wouldn't mind but I can only do a few races now because they all require level 25, 30, 40 and 50, so I'm almost stuck!

I sort of agree with you Jebus. What you can do to level up quickly is to complete the endurance races. Around lvl 20 it takes you up 2 levels at a time and they take no more than an hour each.

Comment

Yeah but that's an hour where I could actually be playing a game, if you get what I mean.

Comment

What sort of level are people getting to before they get fed up with it?

Comment

Yeah but that's an hour where I could actually be playing a game, if you get what I mean.
                        Only if you send another dirver to do it for you.

For example the B class Maple Valley race. 25 laps, I used the Exige 340R thats maxed at B700. It was brilliant shaving seconds off my lap times as the tires warmed up and the tank emptied. I love driving games and this is the creme of the crop at the moment but I can see how others might find it samey BUT so is a Grand Prix. All motorsports necessarily involve doing the same thing over and over again.

If you really get that bored stick some streaming South Park on in the background for dual entertainment

Comment

Ive been playing it loads with the tv on as well.

Ive just got to Level 40 today and have to admit it can get tiresome at times. The proffesional series is the most interesting though, as you dont have to win every even to win the tournament. I had some really close races and had to start tuning my car for the first time to match the AI on the straights etc.

I have been employing the AI drivers to do some of the other races. I really cant be bothered with the factory spec ones with the lower class cars and no upgrades. So tedious. Endurance races i ahve done a couple of my self and had the AI do some others. It is quality when you geta good race going and are shaving time off your laps. But not all of them are that interesting. I tend to hire worst AI drivers for the tracks i cant be arsed with, and set the difficulty level accordingly to make sure they can just about win. That way i still geta portion of the winnings.
                          Last edited by Marmite; 01-07-2007, 16:09.

Comment

Originally posted by Evolution-One View Post
                            Level 23/24 for me though I absolutely hammered it in the first week to get up to that level.

The trouble I've found is in the way the events/races unlock. The achievements aren't really that well spread out for me, I managed to get the one for the proving grounds but then, I realised that all the other events are ones you cannot do all at once...you may be able to get 7/10 events done within a set area, but to actually get the final one you'll need to be level 50, making the achievements unobtainable and forcing you back to the slower cars to do the next lot.

I've put my ltd edition one up for sale now anyway, I doubt I'll miss it. It's a really good game that I got about 20-30 hours out of, which is very good because I don't have much patience nowadays.

Comment

I got slightly bored of it before level 20, but perservered to get the lvl 20 achievement. Now I'm mid-way to level 21 and bored ridgid with it.

As the game progresses, the number of laps required to finish a race goes up, often the speed of the cars goes down, and thats just boring imho. I'm playing the time attach mode now but even thats a tad boring as I've beaten most of the tracks on my first attempt. Just the last two tracks to go and then I can see me being done with it.

That said, I've not bothered playing it on-line, but I doubt I will.

Comment

I'm at level 42 and i havent got bored yet, just started to play it less.

Comment

Working...
                                X