No announcement yet.

Forza 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There was an update a long time ago that corrected the Lotus Elan as it was felt the car was overpowered for class D, they may have corrected other cars at the same time. I believe any lap times set before this update were reset.

Relevant lap times set before the update will still show on your 'local' leaderboard but not any online ones.

This may/may not be causing the problems.

Comment

bah. Any way of figuring out which ones to do again? double bah.

Comment

Actually I think it might be because I've not done the TTs for the DLC tracks

edit: just checked and times for those don't seem to exist, so it must be the previous suggestion.
        Last edited by charlesr; 26-03-2008, 23:07.

Comment

just started with this but after a few laps in an Audi R8 it's already clear that the sound hasn't been improved over the demo and therefore sadly ranks behind Forza 1. the replays are slightly worse too and reveal how little the game has visually been enhanced too. 60 FPS are nice welcome though and make me wish i had a force feedback wheel. just too bad i can't use my Logitech GT Pro wheel.

Comment

Some of the cars sound a lot better than others. Also, when you check your rear view, the sound is often really good. Bit annoying really

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              What's the deal with this? ThaForce: 41m43s. Me: 7h

I've done all the TTs and that was a few days ago, so how come it's not updated yet?
              a few months ago they had to reset all the quickest laptimes... you can check it easy by looking at the leaderboards, you'll notice all the fastest times are just showing on the local leaderboard.

and you have to do the DLC tracks as well in TT

this should solve your problem !

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
                it's already clear that the sound hasn't been improved over the demo and therefore sadly ranks behind Forza 1.
                I really can't understand you saying the sound of Forza1 is better as it is in 2 ....

in part 2 you can hear the engine sounds from all the cars on the track, and with some cars, just by sound of it I already know which one is behind me, and from the cars I;ve heard in real, they sound exactly the same in the game.
                But what is most impressive is when you play it in 5.1 with a full pack of cars. In this game I can even hear when my opponement(s) are lifting the throttle, you can hear exactly when the tyres are about to lose their grip on the road, you hear the correct sound when going over the curbs and when you go with the bottomplate of the car over the curbs, and there are many more of these kinds of little touches, IMO , I have never heard such great sound effects in any racing game to date .....

Comment

Originally posted by TheForce View Post
                  I really can't understand you saying the sound of Forza1 is better as it is in 2 ....

in part 2 you can hear the engine sounds from all the cars on the track, and with some cars, just by sound of it I already know which one is behind me, and from the cars I;ve heard in real, they sound exactly the same in the game.
                  But what is most impressive is when you play it in 5.1 with a full pack of cars. In this game I can even hear when my opponement(s) are lifting the throttle, you can hear exactly when the tyres are about to lose their grip on the road, you hear the correct sound when going over the curbs and when you go with the bottomplate of the car over the curbs, and there are many more of these kinds of little touches, IMO , I have never heard such great sound effects in any racing game to date .....
                  did you hear any turbo whistle or venting noises while driving a car with turbo-charged engine? if so you can consider yourself a happy gamer then.

btw: soundwise it makes a huge difference whether you hear a car as a spectator near the track or as it's driver. however, i did a comparison between the two Forza games using the Audi R8 and Forza 1 clearly features better, more impressive engine sound. and rest assured that i have a decent 5.1 setup

Last edited by Uli; 29-03-2008, 13:39.

Comment

Believe it or not I just got this at the weekend!
                    Really enjoying it,top quality game and great racing.
                    Just wanted to know from the forza veteran's what DLC is worth getting and also if anyone would like to gift me a sexy automobile over live!
                    cheers

Comment

I would get at least both the Tracks (Twin Ring Motegi and Road America) and if you like your motors then all the Car packs have some nice cars which are fun to drive.

DLC is shown here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forza_Motorsport_2

Not sure if I have anything sexy to send - its worth completing all the Time Trials as each one gives you a nice new car including (I think!) the NTSC online fave, 2006 Ferrari #62 Risi Competizione F430GT.

Comment

cool thanks for the reply mate
                        just doing the arcade races and am nearly done only nurburgring left (shudder) then onto the time trials.
                        Is the DLC free yet or will I still have to pay?
                        The twin ring motegi is one of my fav tracks so will be getting that,I can't believe that I didn't pick this up on release I wonder what I was thinking

Comment

All are premium i'm afraid although they are fairly well priced. Looking back I got both the Tracks plus the December and March Car Packs. I think the March pack was on offer recently but not sure if it has expired now.

Forza 2 is still my favorite 360 game (and my favorite racing game on any format even compared to PC sims with a wheel etc) and will likely remain so until Forza 3 hits.

Comment

I was thinking of re buying this as well after seeing Le Mans on the weekend.

I've heard that the platinum version in America includes the DLC with it, but I can't find any information about if the classics version - which is the UK version of the American platinum edition - of Forza 2 also includes the DLC. Can anyone hear confirm yes or no?

Comment

according to the wiki

A special edition titled Forza Motorsport 2 Platinum Hits was released for the North American market on August 19, 2008. This edition includes a bonus disc containing the cars and tracks available as downloadable content at the time of its release, the cars of the Limited Collector's Edition and the Nissan 350Z originally offered as a preorder bonus.

Comment

Thanks for the confirmation Analog. I''l buy the original version then, as I don't like the look of the classic covers for 360 games.

Comment

Working...
                                X