No announcement yet.

DiRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got the 500 mile achievement after completing career but doing about six more races to earn more cash so I could buy all the cars

Comment

Originally posted by MikeF View Post
      Just been playing this some more and it has dawned on me; it's missing a few things imo

Night Stages / Races
      Rain
      Mud and Water Splashes

I just hope that any future DLC address's these, I mean no mud and water in the British rally (at least that I have seen) is not exactly realistic is it
      This is very offputting for a potential buyer.

I loved the rain in the 3rd game, the way it hit the screen and you could see a little colour/image distortion through it, almost like real rain. Then your wiper would wipe it to the side, smearing a little feint trail of water. Then all of the water would collect in that wet 'frame' on a windscreen that the wipers don't touch, and trails of water would spread along them, blown by the wind.

And no night stages??? I love seeing the dynamic lighting of headlights, I remember V Rally 2 on the ps1 had some superb nighttime lighting effects at the time.

No mud and water splashes is just ridiculous, especially, as you say, since GB is on.

Is there any snow?

I dunno, these things and the annoying US bloke are a bit of a drawback for splashing out on this game.

I don't see why next gen 'big' name racing games have such an aversion to weather effects and night time races.

Comment

Don't let those things put you off!

It's a good game but it definately doesn't have the McRae pedigree. It doesn't feel anything like the old games and if you are picking it up expecting it to be as groundbreaking as the old versions you will be disappointed...as I was.

Things like no weather at all, no nights and the fact that whatever surface you are driving on seems to be rock solid without out any play to it really is disappointing but it's certainly not a bad game.

As I suggested here & here the game is not really a Colin McRae game in any form at all but it's still fun to play as long as you are willing to forget about the Colin McRae bit of the title.

If you have access to the demo, give it a go first before you decide you don't want it. Many people on here seem to love the game and you may too...

Comment

Played this late last night and managed to get the Hill Climb Win. It was still a challenge getting people to actually vote for the Hill Climb stages

I feel now that I can actually 100% this game although the 1000miles driven will be a chore especially if you only drive 250 miles to the start of tier 7

Comment

It takes almost 7 hours of continuously driving the fastest stage to get from 500 to 1000 miles. Hence I sold mine on and settled for just 975 points.

Does make me laugh when people are voting for tracks and they leave it 'til the last few seconds - as if they're bidding on ebay

Comment

Well I may have to stick to the 975 points then.

I think that some people onine don't even know about the voting sstsme, the number of time I was the only one voting was criminal

Comment

I'm not really feeling this. There's loads that screams 'this is a good game' but next to Forza and Flatout it seems to lack something. I think a lot of it is the bizarre handling which at times feels arcadey, but also at times seems to fight against the arcade style of RSC2 and Sega Rally. A good example is the breaking which is much to severe imo and the drifting which just doesn't feel 'fun'.

It's also annoying that the game features so many races against other vehicles which are the worst part. It doesn't have the balls to just stick to rallying. It's interesting that the engine goes rapidly downhill when there are more cars on screen. I hope they tweak it substantially before the next version of race driver comes out.

Comment

Does anyone have the extra stuff you can get by registering it on codies site I cant find a place on there to do it at all, and how do you unlock it on a 360?

Comment

It just seems to be cars which you will unlock in the game while playing anyway!

Go into the options and I think it tells you what they all are there.

Comment

fair enough

Comment

Originally posted by dvdmike View Post
                        I cant find a place on there to do it at all, and how do you unlock it on a 360?
                        I think I had to register there first! That site is so slow...

This could be it: http://www.codemasters.co.uk/cheats/?c=47

Comment

£2.99 they can piss right off

Comment

You do get one of them for free in the game though.

Maybe it's a different place you enter them? Have you registered there yet?

Comment

The free code that came with the game unlocks 4 extra cars from the start (unlocks - so they still have to be bought, and they can only be used in Career mode). Think the £2.99 code unlocks all tracks and cars from the start.

You need to sign up to their Code M thingy to be able to redeem a code by the way.

Comment

Finished career mode last night but am almost 3 million shy of getting all the cars. Still got a few achievements to polish off and then I think that will be it for the game (unless DLC is announced)

It's a great rally game but needs tweaking and more tracks to race on

Comment

Working...
                                X