Skate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
    What the heck???!!!???? I've just checked the "own the spot" online records. How are people getting 8000????

I got the icon racer status today. And the 6 online wins in a row. Very satisfying.
    Nice work, I've managed 5 in a row so far. Online is so much fun!

Would be interesting to see how people are getting such big scores on each spot.

Comment

The big scores seem to come from really over-the-top TH style playing i.e. flip to grind to flip to grind to manual and then a few more flips and manuals. I've seen people get the 3x multiplier before getting to the spot and then getting ridiculous scores when they actually get to it.

I'm having problems with the Rocketman achievement, I've done loads of rocket airs but it refuses to give me the achievement!

Comment

Is it listed as done in your trickbook?

Comment

I got it the very second I did my first rocket, even though I bailed horribly.

Comment

This uploading to the EA website lark is totally rubbish!
            Last edited by charlesr; 25-10-2007, 14:59. Reason: swearing

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Is it listed as done in your trickbook?
              Yep, I did the whole trickbook a while back for that achievement but I just can't unlock the rocketman one. Ah well, it must be a trade off for all the other achievements that it unlocked by mistake for me.

Comment

Maybe you should start a new career save file and try the trick again.

Comment

Someone was asking where's a good place to finish the film challenges that are in no-skate zones. There's a couple of spots either side of Lake Sherwin in Downtown. The one nearest the middle of downtown seems to be a good bet because the security doesn't notice as much for some reason.

Comment

I found a no-skate-zone near the northern most train station in Old Town which was just a circular area with steps round it which are good for lengthy grinds. If you can get the security guard to chase you up the stairs he gets stuck there too which makes it easier as well.

Comment

No downloadable content for skate. it seems:

Bit of a shame that, as i would've been one of those gimp who would pay for added decks/ wheels/ clothes etc.
                      Or even a decent replay edit mode for replays/ photos would've been great.

Comment

Sorry, I can't help it. I've just gotta say what a great game this is. And I just got 1000G for it. Can't see that happening for any other game in the near future.

Comment

Congrats charlesr! Nice work

Comment

Whoop!

Comment

Good work charles, i've just got to get the medical milestone and do the 3 hours in No Skate zone as well as escaping a chase 50 times. Was there a certain way you did this?

Could i just pull up inside a no skate zone and leave it running for 3 hours? or do you literally have to skate around?

I have to say i'm not an achievement whore by any means, it's also very rare that i even complete a game but this has got me hooked big time.

This is definataly my fave game of the year upto now!

Comment

Just a quick nudge for those of you who haven't checked out the Skate Video Rating Achievement thread in the online section, any chance you could take a look & the rate the vids that are there plus post one of your own!
                                Last edited by ph0rce; 04-11-2007, 11:39.

Comment

Working...
                                X