No announcement yet.

Project Gotham Racing 4 - Xbox 360

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've only just got this, so I might be scouting for a game or 3 at some point.

Comment

Quick question: Do you get new arcade chapters or something with the DLC? Is it any good/worth the 400 points?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
        Quick question: Do you get new arcade chapters or something with the DLC? Is it any good/worth the 400 points?
        To quote Bizarre

"The Premium PGR 4 Challenge Pack from Bizarre, available for 400 Microsoft(r) Points, gives you seven new cars-the 2008 Chevrolet Camaro Convertible Concept, 2007 Volkswagen Golf GTI W12-650, 2007 Peugeot Flux, 1987 BMW M3 E30 DTM, 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia, 2008 Honda S2000 CR, and 2008 Callaway C16 Speedster. You get three new bikes-the 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1, 1995 Aprilia RS 250, and 1998 Aprilia RSV 1000 Tuono R."
        "Plus, new World Challenge Arcade Mode gives you 20 arcade events in 3 themed chapters, including 5 events that can only be done on platinum. In Tourist Mode, get a free ride with friends around any game city. In Free Roam Cat and Mouse, a slow mouse vehicle runs from enemy cats. Ten new achievements fill out the pack."

I personally thought it was well worth the 400 points, but I loved the game

Comment

Didn't think it worthwhile myself. A few of the new vehicles are quite good but none of the extra 20 events were anything special. My advice would be to download the free content and save the 400 points.

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisField View Post
            I personally thought it was well worth the 400 points, but I loved the game
            yep , same here. I think if you really like the game it's worth to spend the 400 points on the extra stuff

Comment

Just got this and gonna stick it on now, assume it works with the 360 wheel yeah? Should I get stuck into career fromthe get go or what? I seen Malc said he was just doing online, etc.

Can't wait to get back to using the wheel with the in-car view which was so sadly missing from Forza 2. Makes it so much more realistic.

Comment

I say play through the Arcade mode initially. It has loads of great bits to show off the game like the dynamic weather, cars etc.

That's what I did first, but ended up playing online, however, with that you could get some idiotic racers (USA always) who believe shunting is the best decision.

Comment

Been playing my way through this game lately, come to a bit of a stumbling block that I hope you can help me with.

I've been trying to get Platinums on the Arcade mode and not found it too bad for the main. I've been doing the bikes and found them quite easy, however got to an event last night that I just can't see how to do it. It's the 4th event on the Final Countdown set, an Eliminator round one of the St Petersburg tracks. Problem is, everyone else has a car, which means even if you do make it round the track to the huge straight in one piece, the cars just pile past you down the long straight because you just don't have the speed. I've got onto that straight with about a 2 second lead, and gone into the next corner in 5th place, even if you do survive the elimination at that point it's next to impossible to overtake someone else to survive the next.

Here are my only suggestions on how to do it:
                  1. Park my bike on the front bumper of one of the cars on the straight and hope he pushes me all the way to the end, although all the other cars would come past doing this.
                  2. Use a cheat, although this presumably disables the achievements.
                  3. Keep on playing and hope I get that lucky break - a perfect lap from me mixed with a mass 6 car pile up behind me.

Anyone else got any suggestions ? I even dropped it to gold and couldn't do it

Comment

Bump, great retrospective on the joys of PGR4 from Eurogamer here

It's raining. You're racing through a capital city at 120 miles per hour. You're in a Maserati 250F, a car that made le…

Comment

I keep meaning to drag this out again as it's one of the few racers I actually like.

Comment

It's aged pretty well - not quite as shiny looking as you might remember, but the car handling is still fun.

There aren't huge numbers playing it online any more sadly, but it's still relatively easy to find a match if you wait a few minutes. I was beating some French and US players a couple of weeks back.

Comment

Working...
                        X