Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No More Heroes

IT'S HERE!!!!!1111ONE!

The manual is set up like a comic book! XD Pix of that later!
    I just gotta say this game PWNS so much it ain't funny!!!!!1
    SRSLY. I just got a phonecall from Sylvia. The rining comes from the Wiimote, then when Travis answers it, you have to hold it to your ear to listen to her. Come on!!!!1 ****ing genius!!The way it's done is OUT OF THIS WORLD!!!!!
    I have the biggest cheesy grin in the world right now! XD

Your thrown straight into a basic tutorial.Combat is played out using the A button to strike hits with the beam Katana. B Kicks. Z locks on to enemies. You can strafe using the Nunchuck stick amd roll using the D pad while locked on. Othertwise the D pad moves the camera about. C sets it behind you.

Onto moves, there are various commands performed by slashing the Wii remote in certain directions. Side blows or downward chops and so on (you've seen the vids). Killing earns you pocket money (LOL!) I ain't played for long, but I imagine the wrestlin' moves come soon enuff when I can find that mentor dude.

Oh, and the music so far is obviously wonderful.
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%

As above, loving this game so far.
    The art style is fantastic and the combat's fun.
    The boss fight's are the highlights of the game, though.
    Wait till you see the save screen!

Comment

Jealous as Killer7 was prob my favourite Cube game.

Gotta wait for the PAL version of this but Super Mario Galaxy should get me thru!

More impressions and pics (without giving too much away) most welcome

Comment

So excited for this! My copy just shipped today but my Wii's not being posted till tomorrow...

How heavy is the Japanese language in it, out of question?

Comment

Originally posted by venom743 View Post
          Wait till you see the save screen!
          How coolz is the menu screen?! XD And the rank listing screen!

Gutted I gotta go out in a minute. >_<
          Last edited by EldoradoExplorer; 06-12-2007, 16:55.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
            So excited for this! My copy just shipped today but my Wii's not being posted till tomorrow...

How heavy is the Japanese language in it, out of question?
            I'm plodding along nicely without knowledge of the language tbf. Though I do have the missus handy with her dictionaries and slight knowledge if I get stuck.

Comment

Is it as gloriously sick as Killer 7, or a bit sanitized (as was predicted it would be in order to reach wider market)? Hope the former...

Also, the city looked totally unpopulated in previews. Is there any life to it?

Comment

Whats with the tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by spagmasterswift View Post
                  Whats with the tiger?
                  From what I played, ze tiger mr. spaggles, was a timer on the amount of kills I could rake in. I put moar info up when I've played it properly.

Originally posted by Adam Stone
                  If you're anything like me... and as nearly as excited - then bugger food! Eating can wait

Too right. After tomorrow I have 10 days off work for this (I didn't expect it so early >_<). I spent last night stocking up on coffee and double decker bars to sustain me for the week.

Anyway, back to it I go......

Comment

Okay. Had a decent bit of play time on this now.

Enemies can be wasted with action commands (swinging left,right,up,down) when dazed n' stuff. Each kill brings up the well documented slot machine symbols. Scoring a full set of BARs or GhM logos sets off different abilities were you can launch fireballs from your beam katana or go ape **** mental with super speed killings etc. It all depends on what you got. As mentioned before, the tiger is just the limit on how long you are in that state of supa p0waaah!!1

The UAA will charge you to arrange fights with the Assassins who rank above you. For this you need cashmoney, and lots of. No problemo however as various locations are pinpointed on your map.The jobcentre is one of them that provides small side missions. They range from simple tasks like coconut collecting and mowing lawns, up to small-time assassinations earning you that little bit more. You're scored on each of these tasks, and each can be revisited to improve upon first attempts.

I just spent some time collecting money to buy all these wicked duds and tees (I've already found some amusing engrish on them). Slowly taking my time through the main meat of the game.

As Venom mentioned earlier, it's all about the boss battles. They're real characters and pose quite the meaty challenge.
                    Oh, and the script is ****ing hilarious! Real funny. Should appeal to those with a particular fondness for GodHand and it's sense of humour.

EDIT:I have edited the first post to include pictures of both the box and manual.
                    Last edited by EldoradoExplorer; 06-12-2007, 17:28.

Comment

I've been sneaky and have watched some of the boss battles on Youtube. Absolutely bloody fantastic. Everything about it has been making me smile. The violence, the combos, the beautiful visuals and the script as you say looks as funny as hell.

Out of interest, what assassin you on mate?
                      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Not too far in. I last killed

Dr. Peace

and have since been collecting money and buyin' tees. Training out at Ryu's place too. It's a serious workout, too. I'm knackered . X_X LOL!

Also found Naomi (she sells weaponry and upgrades) but I can't afford anything after wiping out my cash on t-shirts and jackets. >_<

You can watch tapes on your tv. Anybody like Genki Rockets?

Comment

Originally posted by Golgo View Post
                          Also, the city looked totally unpopulated in previews. Is there any life to it?
                          Sorry, I missed this before. The streets aren't bustling, no. There's a few pedestrians about n' stuff, but to be honest, I barely even notice 'em anyway. I'm that busy moving from spot to spot on the map doing little jobs n' stuff - they're very much a part of the background.

Comment

Hey El, what are the difficulty settings on this? Wouldn't want to race through it on Mild, rather take my time on a Harder setting...

Comment

Oh man oh man oh man oh man................

12 hours into this now. Taking my time with all the little side missions and trying to perfect them.

Unlocked a few new moves and a new weapon. Shaking the nunchuk performs a sort of leaping slash attack. The kick on the B button can be charged just like the beam katana charge. Where enemies explode when hit with a charged sword attack, they are stunned with a charged kick. Stunning them brings up the prompts for all those wresslin' moves.

A couple of the Dark Side Travis moves are SICK!1 (these are the ones triggered by getting 3 BARs etc. on a kill). One in particular sees Travis performing spectacular kills at the prompt of a button.

BLUEBERRY CHEESE BROWNIE!!1 XD

I still haven't found all of the Lovikov balls spread about the map. They're used for upgrades btw.

I'm ranked 4th best Assassin and have just come out of one the greatest fights! It was ****ing class! Very very Suda 51 indeed. His mark is all over this. It's just incredible stuff. All the little nods to movie and videogame culture. It's TOO MUCH. My head nearly exploded with all the awesum today.

Oh, and settings from the get go are either SWEET or MILD, spags.

Comment

Working...
                              X