No announcement yet.

No More Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's only the JPN version out, wait for others to get the US copy and more and more people will swarm here.

Comment

It's too bad i cant import elsewise i would have it as fast as possible :P

Comment

Saving my copy for Christmas.

Comment

Long story short, went through a bit of an ordeal to get hold of my Wii today so I could finally get my hands on this.

Very, very glad I did. Absolutely stunning stuff, so freaking stylised, and even though I've not got the full hang of it, loving the combat. All of the little touches here and there (the retro scoreboard, music videos on the TV, phonecall audio playing out of the Wiimote) have also raised many smiles.

Looking forward to plunging some quality time into this

Comment

Finally a real triple A title from a 3rd party developer

Comment

Now ranked 4th - and absolutely loving it. Plenty of quirk, style, humour, and depth to be found in pretty much every little corner of it.

This alone has justified my purchase of a Wii, will be a very happy lad once I've got Mario to play with too.

To those who have played it -

the missions that are just dotted around the map (as in not from K-ent), what are you meant to do? I first got the impression they were survival, what with you only having 1 life, but on lasting out the timer on one I didn't even pass then. Are you seriously meant to take out everyone and survive like that? Am I alone in sucking this hard ?

Comment

Just got this this morning and have put about 3 and a half hours into it. Up to rank #8.
                Loving it so far, definitely has a layout very similar to Assassin's Creed (kill Assassin, do side missions until you have enough money to move on to the next one etc) but with a lot more customisation features (clothes shopping is so addictive!). With the slating that A-Creed got for its repetitiveness, I wonder if this game will suffer similarly as a result?

Comment

I think that's the least of it's worries. Fair enough it's a rather rinse-repeat way of progressing through the game, but there's still plenty of variety and customisation to play with - my biggest fear from a review perspective is more due to the technical aspects. There's quite a lot of slowdown, the collision detection is a little flawed in places (especially on the bike). Don't get me wrong, these don't bother me in the slightest, but I can see them being quite major in some people's eyes.

Comment

Is there a way to block in the game, especially bullets? I've got the high/low stance thing figured out but blocking, when it happens, seems to be pretty random.
                    Up to Assassin VII and the gun-wielding guys are proving to be trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by EldoradoExplorer View Post
                      I was stuck for a slight moment on the roll one. Is it that? Tap left or right on the D pad while locked onto an enemy.
                      I was stuck on that for a while until I read this thread!!

Stuck again but having so much fun with the combat I'm happy to keep taking out the enemies until I trigger whatever the move is they are asking from me.

IT HAS A LAB!!1

Comment

Mine just arrived today, just finished the 9th rank mission, the odd thing is that although the combat is a bit repetitive you seriously can't stop playing it, it really is the best game i've played all year, so far one of the nicest touches is

A baseball pitcher throws a baseball at you, you swing the remote and bowl over about 6 enemies

really loving the humor as well

Travis gets a answer machine message from the video rental store telling him that Big German Jugs Collection 23 is overdue

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Is there a way to block in the game, especially bullets? I've got the high/low stance thing figured out but blocking, when it happens, seems to be pretty random.
                          Up to Assassin VII and the gun-wielding guys are proving to be trouble.
                          Z

I'm not 100% positive but I'm fairly sure high/low can correspond to blocking certain attacks as well as the way you're attacking. There's the thing too where if you time a block perfectly (think SF3 parrying) and attack straight after you do a special attack thing.

Comment

I think if you hold down Z and stand still you can block bullets, doesn't seem to work if you are moving (unless I'm missing something blatant).

Been watching Heavenly Star - amazed at how good it looks, visually that is the best thing I've seen the Wii output considering it isn't a HD machine. This game is WIN on some many levels.

Comment

Hold down Z to block. Make sure your batteries are constantly charged as each bullet will reduce the charge level. When it reduces to zero, you won't be able to block. Also, I tend to roll instead of blocking the bullets head-on.

Comment

Finally got to rank 8 at last, for some reason I really struggled against Shinobou, anybody else have any problems against her or is it just me, Also does anyone have any idea what the kirkov balls (think there called that) do? When I go to the pause menu it says I have 2 but I've no idea how use them

Comment

Working...
                                X