No announcement yet.

No More Heroes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a brief go of this last night and it seems great. Going from memory load times on the PS3 seem comparable to the Wii version so god knows what’s happened on 360. They seem to have done a pretty good job converting the controls to the pad as well, with most of the waggle stuff done using the sticks. I'm finding some things harder though, namely stabbing a downed enemy which is performed by pressing R2 and Square. Most of the time it doesn't seem to work but it might be just a case of getting used to the controls.

Visually I think it looks great but then I thought the same about the Wii version. Its a shame its only a resolution bump but it still makes things look a fair bit nicer on a HD TV. Never thought I'd say it but I am missing the waggle slightly. I think the first game is the best example of how to do motion controls on the Wii as its subtle but really adds to the overall experience. With that in mind I'd still say the Wii versions the one to go for if you have the choice. But if you don't or like me are just looking for another opportunity to play through this again the PS3 version seems to be a good alternative.

Comment

Finally started this up and I've only done the first boss so far and first impressions are it's alright but nothing special. I like the style of the game a lot but the gameplay so far is incredibly basic so here's hoping there's more on offer

Comment

Finished this now (PS3 version) and it's been eye opening as to hwo basic a game it is. I think being on Wii where there's so much shovelware made NMH stand out more but on PS3 it's a throwaway simple game that gets by largely on style alone. I enjoyed it still on that basis but I'm glad it didn't last long. On reflection Shadows of the Damned was the better game.

Comment

Working...
        X