No announcement yet.

Rhythm tengoku gold JPN DS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah the expert version of the ping pong game was insane but i found it easier to not pay attention to the screen.

Hopefully someone can help us out.

edit: Sussed it! very satisfying
    Last edited by Dezm0nd; 05-08-2008, 17:07.

Comment

In case it's useful:

Comment

I'm up to Remix 4 and I'm still finding this a chore to play. In contrast, I loved every minute of the GBA version.

Am I alone?

Comment

I've just passed the 5th remix and I think it's every bit as good, if not better...so far. I don't quite get why folks are finding the odd mini-game a struggle, it's all felt really instinctive to me, though it'll probably get tougher later on.

Some of the mini-games have had me in stitches...the one featuring frogs (won't say any more) made my eyes water with the funny. The majority of them have been really clever ideas too, I think the only minor duffer so far is the space based shooter.

I'm glad that they haven't recycled any mini-games from the GBA...instead they've done the much cleverer thing of referencing past characters or visual styles. Luverly stuff.

It's the sort of game I want to show-off to as many people as I can, love it to bits I do.

Comment

It's definately not quite up there with the GBA game. I loved that one for it's simpleness, there was only three buttons and it was obvious immediately what you were supposed to do. This is a lot more vague, and a lot more temperamental. Pressing -A- never failed me, not once, on the GBA. I've missed about 20 flicks just in the first two tiers. I do them, just not to the game's high standard.

I've also noticed that it's a lot less rhythm based in places. You could play the GBA one with your eyes closed, but not so here. The robot stage in the first tier for example, there's no tune there. As a result the songs are far less memorable. I've had every song from the GBA game in my head at one point or another (mostly this past weekend) but there's not so much here.

There are definate highlights though. I love the screaming choir game and the song is brilliant, I hope there's a return to that later.

A chore? Perhaps, but I think it's the controls more than the quality of the game. When not compared to its predecessor it'd feel a lot better. There's not much that can stand up to Rhythm Tengoku, though!

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
              It's definately not quite up there with the GBA game. I loved that one for it's simpleness, there was only three buttons and it was obvious immediately what you were supposed to do. This is a lot more vague, and a lot more temperamental. Pressing -A- never failed me, not once, on the GBA. I've missed about 20 flicks just in the first two tiers. I do them, just not to the game's high standard.

I've also noticed that it's a lot less rhythm based in places. You could play the GBA one with your eyes closed, but not so here. The robot stage in the first tier for example, there's no tune there. As a result the songs are far less memorable. I've had every song from the GBA game in my head at one point or another (mostly this past weekend) but there's not so much here.

There are definate highlights though. I love the screaming choir game and the song is brilliant, I hope there's a return to that later.

A chore? Perhaps, but I think it's the controls more than the quality of the game. When not compared to its predecessor it'd feel a lot better. There's not much that can stand up to Rhythm Tengoku, though!
              I pretty much agree with everything you've said there. It is a very funny game but the stylus controls lack the precision of the GBA's buttons. And you're right about the lack of actual rhythm too: a lot of the mini-games feel more like 'simon says' pattern memory tests to me.

Comment

Yeah precision seems to be a problem sometimes, then again it dosent help with my borked touch screen

So far i love all the minigames apart from ping pong i hate that one with a passion, but it's no different to the gba game as i hated toss boys on that one.

There are some lovely songs/levels in this version, theres are the ones i love to play again & again & again.

Comment

I think this game is absolutely superb as a sequel and stands up on it's own merit's, and it certainly improve's as you get futher in. The later level's are insanely difficult but absolutely gorgeous and right up there with the best of the GBA level's.

But I do agree with people that it doesn't quite match the original, but bear in mind, the original was an absolutely flawless piece of majestic genuis, and no sequel could match that perfectiion first time round, especially when working with a new control interface.

The next game in the series will probably get it right, but this series is sufferring from mario 64 syndrome.

How do you top a perfect rythm action/weird warioware team game??? It's nigh on impossible, and I think they have done really well to even get close, as mario Sunshine did.

The next game will be better as they will learn from the very, very few error's that they have made in this title, and if you have praticed and are skillful, as you need to be in both games(the gba and ds version) then you will have seen the utter genuis in the later level's.

Both game's are Nintendo at their best, and inho you now have the best rythm games of all time on Nintendo format's. Rhythm Tengoku GBA, Daigasso band brothers DS, Daigasso Band brothers Deluxe DS, Ouendan DS, Ouendan 2 DS, and now Rhythm Tengoku Gold DS, and the best part of this, they are all portable!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kaladron View Post
                    I pretty much agree with everything you've said there. It is a very funny game but the stylus controls lack the precision of the GBA's buttons. And you're right about the lack of actual rhythm too: a lot of the mini-games feel more like 'simon says' pattern memory tests to me.
                    What you have here is more of a different approach to make the game a little different to suit the touch screen control's, and maybe this is the only small flaw in what is otherwise a perfect sequel.

Alot of people have enjoyed this approach more, as they found it very difficult to keep the exact and precise rhythm required by the GBA version, and many people gave up at the mouse game on the Gba or shortly after cause they found it too insanely difficult, and I think this is why they chose this approach for the sequel, as well as to create some difference between the two game's. I'm with you that I loved the GBA version's exact rhythm beat controls.

On the other hand, alot of the later level's in this game are for 90 percent of the game based on exact rhythm and I appreciate the little add in's that keep you on your toe's and watching the screen.

I would like them to go back to exact GBA rythm for the next version whilst keeping the touch screen element's which I personally have loved, perhaps adding some Ouendan line's or reference point's on the screen to help with precision in the normal mode, and then removing them in expert or something.

I can't see how anyone couldn't love this sequel's charm though, it still retain's the wackiness and unique feel of the original, but it was never going to match a perfect game, especially one that had such a cult and niche following.

Comment

I never played the GBA one, but I'm absolutely in love with this version. Sounds like the GBA would be worth importing though.

Comment

So, the level with the two ghosts playing guitar... How the &^*£ do you get your ghost to jump? All I can do is make him pause or strum. I can't even do the tutorial bit.

Comment

He should jump automatically on the 4th strum, if i remember correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                            He should jump automatically on the 4th strum, if i remember correctly.
                            Hmm. My timing must be off then I guess. Are you supposed to hold then strum for each one or just strum? If you see what I mean...

Comment

just strum I think, worked for me anyway

Comment

First impressions, not so great. Failing the first stage on my first go due to not having flicks recognised was not a brilliant start and already falling into the "not as good as the GBA version" camp.

Will stick it out some more though, no doubt will still be thoroughly enjoyable.

Comment

Working...
                                X