LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kernow View Post
    Not sure if it was anything to do with the level John sent me last night as it was fine beforehand...
    Hopefully not as I've been sending games & vehicles all over the place for people.

It's annoying that people are losing saves but I'd be surprised if we didn't have to start again in the final game. I'm staying away from online stuff completely until the final game anyway.

Is there any way of sending levels to people as I've only be able to do it with stuff I've made/unlocked so far?

Comment

Is this online for anyone? I'm just trying to get through the tutorial levels while I have a few moments spare and it's not uploading any scores and doesn't seem to be letting me advance past what's there already. :/

I'm signed into PSN, can see other people online and everything.

Comment

Originally posted by John Parry View Post
        Hopefully not as I've been sending games & vehicles all over the place for people.

It's annoying that people are losing saves but I'd be surprised if we didn't have to start again in the final game. I'm staying away from online stuff completely until the final game anyway.

Is there any way of sending levels to people as I've only be able to do it with stuff I've made/unlocked so far?
        hah don't worry, its no big deal mate.

I find uploading scores fails quite often, but I can still get to other peoples creations, I guess it might be dodgy.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
          How do you get platforms to stay suspended in mid-air? Surely that's a staple of any platforming game, but it seems LBP gravity won't let you do it? I was just experimenting with the tools and cut a set of steps out of a giant stone block, but when I was finished the top half collapsed on to the bottom half, removing the steps. I guess it's something basic but I can't find the tool that triggers the right tutorial for it...

I dont know if it's possible with single layered platforms but I use triple layered (all 3 depths of the running area, furthest away, middle, closest) and just make sure they stick to the background using the glue (Hold down X when placing something down till you hear a dodgy sounding stick noise)
          if you want a single layered platform on its own I dont think you can BUT you could always do a normal single layer and somewhere on the platform have a tiny tiny bit connecting behind the platform to the background, so it won't be seeable from the front and makes platforms only one layer.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
            How do you get platforms to stay suspended in mid-air? Surely that's a staple of any platforming game, but it seems LBP gravity won't let you do it? I was just experimenting with the tools and cut a set of steps out of a giant stone block, but when I was finished the top half collapsed on to the bottom half, removing the steps. I guess it's something basic but I can't find the tool that triggers the right tutorial for it...
            Only the Floaty material floats. Everything else falls because the game has gravity working on everything. It's easy enough to work around. As well as the three "play" fields (if you know what I mean), you can put a thin layer beyond that in the background that the player can't interact with, but can be used as a back wall. Attach that to the floor, then glue your platform to that. Or use a string to hang your platform from. Or a rod to hold it up.

Comment

I can't work out whether I like this yet. I've now progressed past the tutorial so it's all opened up, but I'm not sure I'll get enough from this game purely as a single player experience to warrant the purchase - not right away anyway.

Perhaps I need to spend some time hunting down the best user made levels.

Comment

Just got my code and first off, they need to make that intro into an advert Quality stuff.

I havent even gotten past the "A Game by Media Molecule" bit yet, just been standing there make sack boy dance to the elevator music SackBoy Staying alive dance ftw

Comment

They do need to make the intro an advert , and I can imagine - based on watching gameplay videos and what the beta offers - it could be a quality single-player platformer. Had a quick blast on World Of Colour (see the recommendations thread) and it's quite inspiring. I also messed around a little with the editing tutorials, trying to get the feel of things. One complaint of sorts - I seem to have a knack for instantly grasping the limitations of these things... no basic curves or gradients going into or out of the screen! Oh, well.

Other than that, hugely impressed. I've been wondering about buying one of the "build things" games for a while, and this has pushed me towards taking the plunge... I'm still really tight on money, but I think if I can scrounge together enough for one game this month, this'll be it.

EDIT: Ahahaha! I wondered what the noise coming from my speakers was... just noticed the little attract video that plays if you leave it in the pod. Very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                    i found a similar one earlier with Sweet Child O Mine by Guns n Roses, the tune was set off by a vehicle you stood on.
                    What is the point of that level? Totally confused...maybe I just don't get it

Comment

It's not a very good one to be honest while this, on the other hand is FRIGGIN' AMAZING when you think about what could be done with something like this!!!

Comment

It won't load for me, which is pretty much the norm for their videos, but that's apparently the FFX theme.

Comment

More madness:

Comment

That FFX one is absolutely amazing. I thought this was going to be pretty limited...but it looks like you're going to be able to do pretty much anything. Can't wait

Now if only I could get a beta key..

Comment

Well, it is and it isn't; there are obvious practical limitations, it's just people tend to be very good at thinking "How can I make X even though I can't do Y?". I'm a little frustrated there aren't more basic materials in the beta, though. I've beaten the story level samples and that doesn't seem to give you any "ground" beyond possibly stone, at a push.

Comment

A run down there of how to use audio in the game, including some basic sequencing tips towards the end.

Comment

Working...
                                X