LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by halfhearts View Post
    15,200 really, how you know this knowledge?
    It's 20,000 across Europe and Eurogamer gave away 4800.

Myth, don't know what the hell was happening there with those two rainbow sackboys but it was great fun just pulling each other around and slapping!!!

Wasn't really sure what I was doing though and it seemed to be struggling online a bit.

Comment

Myself and Riskbreaker were playing and figured out you can grab eachother and drag them around!

Then you can also punch them in the face to knock them to the floor. LOL Too awesome.

Comment

This is quite simply a brilliant game. Chain said it right, this is truly a next-gen game. The level of interactivity is just mind-boggling.

I have just played a few levels and gone through a few of the level creation tutorials but can already see that there is going to be so much to do and see in this game. The demo probably just about scratches the surface, this is gonna be immense.

You can tell Media Molecule have created this with the utmost care and dedication, even in the demo it just shines through. From the opening credits "level" (which was great) to the first time you wave your little sackboy's arms, it is just so polished. Graphics are great, some great detailed textures, top notch environments and superb animations.

For those who were unsure about this, then you really needn't be cos of this demo is anything to go by LittleBigPlanet will be a HugeHugeHit.
        Last edited by ezee ryder; 24-09-2008, 11:59.

Comment

Originally posted by talizker View Post
          Is anyone else playing this ok with a UK (or US) PSN account on a US PS3?
          Works fine on my US PS3 with a UK account so it shouldn't be that.

Comment

Totally devastated Came home from backshift last night to find loads of people on my friends list playing LBP beta. I missed the boat! Damn shifts!!

Glad to hear it will be worth the wait though

Comment

So whats the deal, is this actually a Beta cause the game has gone gold, or is it a newer version that they're calling a demo that's a bit more representative of the final product?

As Beta's are usually out before game goes gold so people can give feedback etc!

Comment

Missed the keys

Anyone know if there's any plan to release more?

Comment

Yeah, 20,000 overall to be released in Europe, so 15,200 left.

Comment

I'm just not feeling this. The single player feels very simple and bar a few bits not that interesting.

The level editor is very impressive and powerful but I don't find building levels much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
                      I've done the tutorial, designed my little dude (not many options in the beta) and now on level 1. The Stephen Fry voice over is, as expected, very THHGTTG.
                      What does THHGTTG mean?

Comment

(I had to look it up)

Comment

Ah!

DON'T PANIC

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                            Yeah, 20,000 overall to be released in Europe, so 15,200 left.
                            And how do you get one?

This thread has got me hyped.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossco View Post
                              So whats the deal, is this actually a Beta cause the game has gone gold, or is it a newer version that they're calling a demo that's a bit more representative of the final product?

As Beta's are usually out before game goes gold so people can give feedback etc!
                              According to MM, this is a beta not a demo.

Remember, this is a *beta* to test our servers, NOT a demo. Can?t stress that enough! So, what?s is so cool for us to see, is that you haven?t even seen the amazing story mode yet, which serves as inspiration, and yet the levels going up are already interesting. I can?t wait to see what y?all do when you see the full game, and start cranking out levels.

Also, since it?s a beta, it?s already quite an old build. We have some cool new stuff that?s been in our private test for a few days, I won?t give it all away but there are things cooking such as 5-star ratings, (much) better performance and less lagginess, better online stability, better UI for publishing, faster downloads?. so in a way playing this version is simultaneously exciting and an odd throwback to a couple of weeks ago.
                              Link to full article:- http://www.mediamolecule.com/

Missed the keys last night but can't wait for more to be released. Does anybody have roughly any idea about when more will be released? How long was it between keys being released for previous beta's i.e. COD4 and MGO?

Comment

I had a great time with the couple of hours I spent with this last night. I love the music and the Stephen Fry narration especially.

I went through all (?) the story mode levels and then did the tutorials on the level creation, but I was only messing around because I had no idea what I was trying to make. It actually seems pretty complicated at first and it's going to be limited unless you go through the story, but I'm going to mess around with some friends tonight and see what we can do.

Comment

Working...
                                X