No announcement yet.

LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the whole Beta or Demo thing, I think it's more a demo. I can appreciate what MM are saying that it is a Beta to test their server load, that's fair enough. But them saying there's already a new build in their private test would imply to me what we're playing is, to all intents and purposes, the final retail code and this Beta, along with the other changes they're talking about, will be available as a patch from Day One.

My save file got corrupted, so I've had to start again. What a shame Didn't mind redoing the levels at all! It's really playable, it takes me back to the pinnacle of 16-bit era platformers. The only thing I miss is the ability to slide on my arse downhill, ala Mario.

Comment

Originally posted by Chain View Post
      The only thing I miss is the ability to slide on my arse downhill, ala Mario.
      Wall jumping for me.

I had reasonable expectation for LBP and it has surpassed all of them. Takes a bit of time to get used to switching between the planes but it comes with time. The only small issue I've had so far.

The real deal. I wasn't expecting it to be.

Has anyone cleared the first level without

dying on the bridge? I have only 13 bits left to collect and to ace the first level. You can get halfway onto the bridge before it blows. A bird come down when the bridge goes so I think they designed it so you have to jump back to the left.

Comment

Do I have to play this online using my UK account? If so, if anybody fancies a game please add teddymeowUK. If I can use my US account it's just teddymeow.

Can't wait to try this online tonight!!

Comment

I played a little bit of this last night. Absolute brilliant, full of charm and whimsy. I lol'd at all the captured pictures from the playstation eye. Shame i don't have one.

Would be playing it now, but i have to download all my content again. Taking ages...

Anyone have any idea when the beta ends?

Comment

I believe it's October 12th

Comment

Plenty of time then. Excellent!

Comment

This is a veritable toy box! I've not really looked at editing yet, but it seems a lot of people are spending a lot of time on it. There are already a load of new levels with some interesting vehicles doing the rounds. So far it's mainly racing on interesting vehicles, but in time who knows what will be made?

There are a few platformy levels as well. I've just done one, pretty hard with harsh respawn points; it really highlighted how good the SackBoy controls are, very precise and the camera doesn't get in the way.

I'm sad knowing this is only the demo and the real thing is a month away. I want to play every MM level.

Comment

Got my key from Sony Europe today so have had a blast at this this evening.
                  When starting up it couldn't connect to the sever, so I'll have to try this online another time.
                  Playing the tutorial though was great and the voice over tutorial by Stephen Fry is brilliant. Rarely have I played a game smiling nearly all the way though!

Can we create levels in this demo or not? also its giving the impression that to create your own graphics and stickers you have to have the PS eye. I'm hoping you can use images off your PS3 as I want to use my own graphics and not having to buy the camera just to do it.

Comment

I'm getting really bad lag when playing online. Are other people having the same problem or is it OK online for everybody else?

It's getting annoying as I'm just getting into a game and I drop out, tried it with a few people on here now!

It's a shame that players don't have a name label on their sackboy.

Comment

Mine's been pretty laggy John but my connection isn't great unfortunately.

I love this - it's just an absolute delight. I'm just really worried now that it's utter brilliance will get drowned in the Christmas rush. I hope they market this well to the more casual PS3 owners, it deserves to be played by as wide an audience as possible. I can't wait to show it to my niece.

Comment

Originally posted by SmokeMeAKipper View Post
                        Mine's been pretty laggy John but my connection isn't great unfortunately.
                        Thanks, I've PMs on my PS3 from people saying they are having the same problems which is a relief really as I'd be worried if it was just me.

The whole reason for this beta was to test the online stability so I suppose we should expect a few problems with it.
                        Originally posted by doodledude
                        Can we create levels in this demo or not? also its giving the impression that to create your own graphics and stickers you have to have the PS eye. I'm hoping you can use images off your PS3 as I want to use my own graphics and not having to buy the camera just to do it.
                        Yes you can, you have to finish the training first though. There's already 100s of levels up but due to the mad rush with it most are a bit crappy. Once it's all settled down and people start rating them properly it'll be easier to find the better levels.

I noticed that if you press select it'll allow you to take a photo of any area of the level if you want the mods to look at it. It seemed really simple to do and will hopefully make sure the levels get out there with suspicious stills being included.

I seem to remember that they said it would be done a little like a forum and the mods will be able to remove privileges if needed.

Comment

Yup whenever I play online I notice lag, very annoying and will hopefully be sorted in the final build.

I've speant so many hours making rocket powered vehicles with my brother and running them up ramps and stuff, so much mindless fun.

Comment

Where the hell do you enter the code? I have one but dunno what to do with it!

Comment

Go to account management on the PS3 XMB, from the next menu choose transaction management and then choose redeem code. Enter your code in there and you're good to go!

Comment

SHAZAM!! Downloading, slow as hell though. I'm thinking this could take the best part of an hour at the rate it's going now.

Comment

Working...
                                X