LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Online create mode on monday.

And big improvements to online connectivity, a better profile save system and other improvements.

typically 'wuvvable' announcement vid from MM...

Comment

Is the Pirates of the Carribean level pack that is on the store now the same one that has the playable levels? The description doesn't make any reference to that at all, just talks about stickers and music.

Comment

It went up on the jpn store today so I can confirm that it is the new levels. Incredible presentation as expected, I wish I had some of the talent the guys at MM have.

Only done the first one, but wow... the water mechanic is going to be really interesting. It's not as basic as I thought it would be, the water level could be lowered and raised interactively in particular areas.

Swimming is handled by apparently restricting underwater areas to a single plane, so up and down control your depth. Hold X to swim faster, and your air can be topped up by swimming through air bubbles. It all looks absolutely beautiful.

Sackboy does an adorable little doggy paddle when swimming on the surface

Comment

I just got a PS3 slim for christmas and picked up LBP for a second time. I'd really like to try out some peoples levels that they've made. So if anyone would like to add me as a freind I will ensure to check out your levels!

My ID is: Sir_Malc

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
            I just got a PS3 slim for christmas and picked up LBP for a second time. I'd really like to try out some peoples levels that they've made. So if anyone would like to add me as a freind I will ensure to check out your levels!

My ID is: Sir_Malc
            well, the ten creations nominated for 'best level of 2009' are a good starting point http://www.littlebigplanet.com/en-gb...el_of_the_year

I don't think I played Ancient Castle or the Platform Madness one. I've played the others though. All excellent... Though I can think of a few others I would be tempted to nominate.

I'm not on much but I'll add you.. Tig-W

Comment

I'm hoping to have my water/boss level published in the near future, was working on it a lot then some other game took my attention - the water pack has encouraged me to get back in the editor. I'll drop you an invite as it will be nice to have at least one person from here currently playing who can check it out!

Comment

I've started again on this, completed the MGS pack a couple of days ago finally and getting into the Pirates levels.
                This game is such a great investment when you have the million+ users levels and if the MM guys can knock out a level pack every 6 months or so.
                Add me, I created a boosh inspired level about 4 months ago so you can all laugh at my ineptitude. Didn't turn out how I imagined it in my head as I couldn't get the spring mechanics to work how I want, but if I can get a few more hearts that'd be great at least I have 5 hearts so far.

Comment

I'm really surprised it hasn't sold more than it has really, also had some of the best post release dev support of any game

I finally finished the main story mode last week (I keep getting distracted by crappy "Mario Golf" levels etc online ). Thinking about getting the MGS and Pirates DLC now to top it up.

Comment

I've added a couple of you guys to my friends list so I will check out each persons levels ASAP!

Quick question: Is there a way to create my own list of favourite community levels? Some are really good and it would be nice to be able to play them again without having to keep searching for it.

Comment

Yes, you just heart them. But even if you don't, the search feature includes a 'recently played' filter so you don't have to search much.

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
                        Yes, you just heart them. But even if you don't, the search feature includes a 'recently played' filter so you don't have to search much.
                        But where do I find the list of all my hearted levels?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
                          But where do I find the list of all my hearted levels?
                          go Community > Search > My Levels.
                          This will bring up a page containing levels you've published, and an icon representing your account. Select the icon and choose Hearted Levels to see every level you've hearted.

Why this option isn't available from one of the main menus is a mystery.

Comment

I think it is, as I always do it via My Moon -> My Levels. First page is your published levels, second page is your hearted levels (R trigger to change pages)

Comment

Water beta entry

Sony are sending out codes for the water beta as I just got an email with a code for the beta.

I also got a water vest for the beta! The download is 222MB and I will give feedback soon! An image of the email I got is below!

Last edited by Rockman_Joey; 21-02-2010, 14:30.

Comment

Eh? Water Beta? The water tools have been available for everyone since Christmas (see the posts above)

Comment

Working...
                                X