No announcement yet.

LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Brother has been playing the game in the daytime for quite a bit over the last few days - mainly the community levels. Now, he told me a while ago that he has played nearly over a hundred levels or so (I have played my fair share too) but the 'Share' trophy he looked up at states 150 levels.

Does this mean you have to complete all 150 levels or just play them whether you reach the end of the stage or not? It is kind of non-descriptive really.

Thanks to whoever helps!

:EDIT: Oh, where can you find the Metal Gear Solid pack? I have looked on the PlayStation store but all I can find is the characters and some of the level creator/design objects and pieces.

Have they taken the MGS pack down or am I not looking hard enough?
    Last edited by Extra Terrestrial; 18-02-2009, 19:00.

Comment

easier to find content in the in game store I find

Comment

For the Share trophy you have to reach the end gate of the levels you play for them to count. However repeat plays also count, it doesn't have to be 150 separate levels. I was pretty surprised when my Share trophy popped up as there is no way I had seen that many levels at the time.

Comment

Chain, your pinball level is good - I will try and get some other people to try it out.

Comment

Originally posted by merf
            easier to find content in the in game store I find
            Yay! I found the MGS pack at last.

Thank you.

Originally posted by Darwock
            For the Share trophy you have to reach the end gate of the levels you play for them to count. However repeat plays also count, it doesn't have to be 150 separate levels. I was pretty surprised when my Share trophy popped up as there is no way I had seen that many levels at the time.
            That's cool - now he (and I) knows what to do!

I haven't played this game since Christmas and to find the really good search and filtered tags feature makes it much more playable and of course, it kind of takes away the 'crap' and produces the better levels.

I liked Darwock's code level - pretty cool indeed.

Comment

Glad my level is getting some playtime! Alas I'm offline while BT sort out a problem at the exchange, which has resulted in me spending nearly 11 hours on the phone to them over the last 10 days. Incredibly inept....

Once I'm back on, I'll take a better look at your Life mechanism Darwock, but right now I can't connect the PS3 online. I'm only managing to post this via the mobile phone

Comment

Free St. Patrick's day costume up so everyone can prance around mocking the Irish with their ginger beards and green hats. Another victory for Guinness' marketing department.

There's a downloadable Sackboy character for Everybody's Golf too.

Comment

Finally finished my level. It was a labour of love, so please give it a try and let me know what you think ntsc-uk'ers

level: LLAMA PANIC!
                  user: Tig-W

Comment

Mate, I just played your level and it is amazing!! One of the best, those Llamas were ultra cute

Everybody owes it to Tom to check this one out, the

huge mecha-llama

at the end was a stunning piece of design. I hope you're working on another level.

So nice to go back to this game after a month of solid Killzone (although I was wearing my Helghast uniform lol) and a great level to go back to.

Comment

Next time I'm in the game, I'll check it out

Right now, I'm ashamed to say I have a pile of games deserving of more of my attention, and surprisingly little time to actually play them

Comment

aw cheers for the comments Darwock! that makes the effort worth it

It might be a while before I publish any more levels though, seeing as I've been working on that thing since December.

I've just been checking out the ntsc-uk level catalogue. Now I'll forever picture Darwock as a mad inventor in a flying mecha-suit And Chain, your volcano level is gorgeous. and hard... it's kicking my ass lol

Comment

The latest patch has added some nice things, specifically you can now toggle the visibility of bolts, strings, pistons etc. That's gonna help me a lot as I'm trying to make a boss battle type level and don't want the workings to be so noticable!

There's also the ability to set an angle range on proximity sensors, really useful (once I figured out you have to turn the switch upside down to set an angle below lol)

Plus a music player in the start menu now, when you go to select tracks it opens the XMB playlist.

A few other cosmetic things like it tells you how many people are online etc etc

I really want the creator pack but I think that's still a week away
                          Last edited by Darwock; 16-04-2009, 06:31.

Comment

I need some help with designing 'wobble boards'. BAsically I want this:

|||||
                            |||||
                            -----

where the boards are attached to the ground with spring bolts so that they wobble.

I've managed to make something whereby I have a strip running along the ground that the panels are bolted onto and all is well unless you fall off the wobble boards than then you get stuck because sackboy cannot jump into the front 'plane' for some reason. The whole thing feels like I've done it wrong though.

Comment

I do believe Chain has got something very like that in his volcano level...

Comment

I used a prefab item from the game. Worked fine, but please note that many players hated it and couldn't pass it, hence I added a grabbable above it. Even then instructions were neede.

Comment

Working...
                                X