No announcement yet.

LittleBigPlanet [PS3]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had my PS3 on for the last 12 consecutive hours, working on machines in the editor... the funny thing is I would love to be playing the story levels but the editor is totally absorbing. I forgot to eat, had my dinner at midnight lol. I've been having a nightmare getting the machines working though - they work in my level but when I copy them and use the copied one bits randomly break off.. need to get that sorted as I plan on giving the final thing out as a tool for people.

Comment

Alright, my latest creation is finished and uploaded - please check it out! It's not actually a platformer this time, it's a way to collect the code machine I made.

Got inspiration from John Parry asking if there's a way to invite friends to test your levels before they are available to everyone - I made this machine so people can share keys, but after I made it I thought it was kind of useful as a multi-purpose code tool as well so there are two different types to get.

I tried to make the tutorial as cute as I could but ran out of steam, lol. I'm not one for visuals unfortunately.

Comment

OK, so silly me didn't know this but you can send keys directly, lol. Still, it doesn't matter as the machine has many more uses than that. I've also discovered bribery works wonders for getting hearts - I gave away 2 machines and made the last one so you need a code to get it - 22 hearts in less than a day!

Comment

Going on after the boxing Dar..I'll be playing your level buddy

Comment

Mate, off topic but... do you ever get any sleep? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Darwock View Post
              Mate, off topic but... do you ever get any sleep? lol
              I sleep at strange times hehe and usually not much! I see you noticed

Comment

Played through your new one this morning Dar..was i supposed to know the code for the final machine for the prize bubble! Really smart though.

Played both yours too fuddle, thought they were good

Comment

Nah you're not supposed to know the code, that's how I'm squeezing hearts out of people - they get the code in exchange for the hearts, lol In the case of NTSC-UK anyone is welcome though, just PM me and I'll pass it on. I imagine most people want to make this kind of stuff themselves round here though (and I recommend it!)

Comment

Just wondering if anyone else on here was aware of this competition?

Design a PS3 birthday level by December 9th and you can win a unique crown for your sack person. Sounds great.. I'm kind of burned out from my last effort but I have a nice idea I'd like to try for this - Dec 9th isn't far off so I guess I'll get back into My Moon tonight!

Comment

That crown sure looks Regal. I like it...wasn't aware of comp..

Comment

Has anyone read the interview with Mark Healey in the latest OPM? There's a strong hint in there that at least one of the issues some people have with the game will be addressed in an upcoming patch.

Comment

I guess that could be several things but personally I'm hoping it's the broken search/rating system for the community levels they address first.

(and after that they should fix the three big zeros that appear in the profile pod, apparently this works for a few lucky people - it's supposed to be a kind of score).

I know other people have issue with the controls but personally speaking i have adapted to the way sackboy handles, and don't see it as a problem. The automatic plane-switching shouldn't be a problem with decent level design.

Comment

I think those things will be of a very high priority, personally. The thing mentioned is more fundamental to the way the game plays, or might play, depending on how you design your level.

Comment

After being put off ever buying this no thanks to the Beta, I decided to give it a chance due the bargain price on Amazon, and I'm glad I did. After getting past the first levels of the Beta it really starts to shine, enjoyed every minute of it so far. My favourite being the Lowrider stage where you control the car, theres also a couple of nice puzzle elements to that stage as well.

Just one question though, apologies if it's been answered in the thread already, but is their any way to create costumes skins, got a Playstation Eye set up but can only make stickers with it from what I can see.

Comment

You can only make the stickers, but you can apply them to your Sackboy, which can sometimes look ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X