Pro Evolution Soccer 2009

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by neoboy259 View Post
    Speaking of FIFA, at least FIFA 09 has decent online play, despite being arguably a less refined game, and suffering from a few faults of its own.
    If you call idiotic A.I. and gameplay that simpley requires you to boot the ball up the pitch to score "refined" then yeah this is more refiend than FIFA.

If you want somthing that actualy plays like football though, this is about as refined as a giant turd.

Comment

Been playing a lot of masters league on this one, forgot how addictive it can get. Seemed to have encountered a problem after the update tho, as it seems to have messed up my teams stats when i try to use them in exhibition mode, all my players have really low stats and seemed to have the opposite attributes as they're supposed to have (Micah Richards has got better attack than defense for example!) Anyone else had this happened to them?

Aside from this glitch Im enjoying the game, won't be buying the next one unless its got a good enough overhaul tho, as everyone's said the online in particular is a mess!

Comment

It's such a shame that Konami have lost the plot. This is 2008, nearly 2009. Online gaming has been a big thing for quite a while on consoles - and Konami even did it quite well once.

Why can't they create a solid online component? .. It baffles me. Truly one of the most ridiculous situations ever in gaming.

Comment

it is ridiculous, even more so when you consider that this is their 2nd year of screwing it up badly.

I can only assume that they make enough money off this regardless of reviews so don't feel the need to invest the bucks in it to get it up to scratch

if you think about it they have to be either incompotent or deliberately not fixing it for some reason

Comment

Its probably because they cant be bothered, I highly doubt its much of a priority for them.

I doubt I'll be buying Pro Evo again, it just feels like I've been playing the same game over and over and over again (which I have, since WE 5 in 2001)

Comment

So Winning Eleven 2009 is out tomorrow anyone else really excited besides me? Will post if I can feel any difference between the PES2009 demo that I have played and WE2009. I am also wondering if the patch that is used for PES2009 will be available straight away transfers etc when I turn on my PS3 as well as possible online difference.

Comment

Anyone played the PS2 version? Thinking about getting it or the Wii version 2008.

Comment

Only played 1 game so far and messed around in edit mode cus had to go to work but Winning Elven 2009 definitely feels faster than PES2009. The patch seems to have already been put in and possibly there are some extra boots that were not in PES2009 will post more when I have played more.

Comment

Played a few more games now on Winning Eleven 2009 and as above I believe it feels better than PES2009 and feels a lot more balanced and smoother when passing etc. For me it feels like old school Winning Eleven which is good. Not had chance to play the Become A Legend mode although I played J.League WE 2007 CC Become A Legend mode quite a bit, and while I felt it was satisfying I felt it lacked incentive for me to hammer it ala Master league, and from what I have heard the same can be perhaps said for Become A Legend mode on Winning Eleven 2009 and PES2009. As stated before the Champions League mode is a good addition but may wear thin perhaps. I have only had one game online and there was only one time when a player warped 2008 as we know was sometimes shocking. I was playing against a Japanese person in Japan, so maybe the reason it was playable was because Internet speeds here are a lot faster or there code is slightly more stable than the PES2009 vers not sure.

Anyways I think it`s good I don`t own PES2009 so can`t compare too much, just to the demo of PES2009 but Winning Eleven definitely feels better and yes you can change it to English if you want.
                    Last edited by JU!; 28-11-2008, 13:56.

Comment

Hey JU!, is Winning Eleven 2009 compatible/works on a PAL PlayStation 3?

I've held off buying PES 2009 in order to purchase WE 2009 instead.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Extra Terrestrial View Post
                        Hey JU!, is Winning Eleven 2009 compatible/works on a PAL PlayStation 3?

I've held off buying PES 2009 in order to purchase WE 2009 instead.

Thanks.

Should be fine mate don`t think any PS3 games are region locked and all the PS3 machines are region free. Have fun with it.

Comment

How's it play online, JU!?

Comment

JU - should I go for this Winning Eleven 2009 for PS3 ? As I am disappointed with PES 2008 on XBOX 360.

Comment

Does anyone know of a website that's got a kit making guide for the 360 version.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by hoolak View Post
                                How's it play online, JU!?
                                Playonline is good for Legend mode from Become A Legend, had 2 games and no lag at all (Beat Villa 8-0 with 3 other peeps, needs to increase difficulty). For play with other people on normal online mode still lag and warping . It's not too bad but could effect goals etc. One session ended up warping near my opponents goal with the ball but that was the only warp in the match but a pretty bad one. Will play more when bck in Japan.

In England at the mo. Played Pro Evo 2009 at a mates last night definitely faster than Winning Eleven 2009 and I feel Winning Eleven 2009 does play a slightly better game of footy speed wise although playin Pro Evo 2009 against mates n my bro was still good, just a little different. PSP vers sounds good too mate think they are fixin a substitute bug with the Winning Eleven 2009 PSP n PS2 though hence a delay.

Originally posted by Legendary View Post
                                JU - should I go for this Winning Eleven 2009 for PS3 ? As I am disappointed with PES 2008 on XBOX 360.
                                Yes mate there is not so much difference besides speed though as said above. I'm sure you have spent £30 on worse things. Then again played Fifa 09 with my Step nephew the other day and brother and thought it was awesome too, although sometimes the skills felt a bit scripted but animations are top notch .

In other news...

Originally posted by Kenji View Post
                                Does anyone know of a website that's got a kit making guide for the 360 version.

Thanks in advance.
                                Try forums here PC part in Evo web is good for kit templates I think. Try 360 PS3 part too though and editing.

A Pro Evolution Soccer (PES) community. Since 2001 we have been discussing the Pro Evolution Soccer and Winning Eleven series of videogames. A little bit of FIFA and other gaming stuff crops up too.
                                Last edited by JU!; 19-01-2009, 06:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X