No announcement yet.

Ghostbusters [PS3, X360, Wii]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've completed the tutorial and the first level and I'm sorry to say I'm a bit bored.

I've already had a glitch that forced me to reload a checkpoint, because an event didn't trigger to progress the story.

I can't see anything that let's you know when you've reached a checkpoint or when it's saving.

I finding it a bit messy with all the in-game menus and information and the not very clear information displayed on your pack. Conversely, it adds to the immersion instead of having health bars etc. on the screen.

Maybe my opinion will change the more I play it.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ View Post
      360 vs. PS3, for anybody interested:

To be honest, to me, the major difference between versions appears more to be the fact that either the PS3 has no in game shadows whatsoever, or has had the brightness turned all the way up on it...

I'll still be getting the PS3 version tomorrow, becuase i just cant be bothered to import this, so I guess I will see for sure then...

Comment

Playing it on 360, and I'm really enjoying it. The controls are fiddly and take a while to get used to. By the time it starts throwing in the other weapons I'd got the hang of it.

Dodging is a bit hit and miss, you tend to get hit more often than not. It's only really frustrating in sections where you're on your own though (where going down means game over, which isn't the case when working with the other busters as they can revive you).

Seems to be an overly long reload time when you die though, longer than the levels actually take to load in the first place it seems.

Nostalgia factor carries it for me through it's faults so far. It's easier to forgive it because, hey, it's new Ghostbusters material (although Bill Murray's bits seem a bit phoned in compared to the others).

Someone really needs to teach Terminal Reality how to do lip syncing though, it's awful.

Comment

Well, colour me disappointed!

Picked my copy up yesterday and have reached the second level and it just feels a bit 'meh'. The script is okay (although a lot of it sounds quite forced) and graphically it's okay - character faces are just the right side of cartoony exageration - if a little bit too dark.

Gameplay wise it's just ridiculously uninspiring. Trapping feels good once you've reduced the ghosts health bar enough but the lack of a lock on makes it hard to know if you're hitting anything - especially when you're facing a fast moving opponent.

Even after the mandatory install the loading times are a joke!!

I don't think I can play anymore. I was so excited about this but it just feels like a real wasted opportunity. How it's been scoring similarly to inFamous is beyond me. It's nowhere near as good.

Comment

Just finished this on 360:

Pros:

Excellent Script.
            Good Story.
            Good voice acting.
            Lovely graphics.
            Has a great Ghostbusters feel initially.
            Slime tether.

Cons:

Boring game. Way to repetitive.
            A bit short, but that's ok.
            Tedious gameplay.
            Not enough Ghostbusters music.
            Difficult to judge distance from ghost to trap. Not satisfying.

Overall, although I've listed more pros than cons...it's not really a game I'd recommend. Just for fans of the movies...and even then you have to give some warning.

Comment

Lovely graphics...really? I guess it's subjective but I think the textures especially could have benefited from more development time.

I think were this not a Ghostbusters game, but a new IP it'd fall flat as I'm not convinced it's actually a good game, but I'm going to give it another try.

Totally agree about the trapping "con" though, I wanted it to feel much better...and I wasn't going to double dip but I'm sorely tempted to get the Wii version as well, which I've heard is the best of the 3 platforms to buy on, and a totally different game.

Comment

Quick heads up for PS3 owners, just had a quick look on the xmb while playing and it supports screenshots and custom soundtracks, need to get me the Ghostbusters OST to play this with now. Can also now have one of the infamous PS3 rugs as a wallpaper

Comment

Had a couple of hours on the game so far and it's not bad. I enjoying it to a certain degree but most probably beacuse it is a Ghostbusters game. If it was just another game then it would be quite mediocre. The fact that it is based on the Ghostbusters gives the game a certain personality and makes its more enjoyable.

Might aswell get the graphical talkout the way first I suppose. The game isn't that great to look that. It does a decent enough job but nothing will make you go "wow". I am playing on PS3 but I can imagine it probably doesn't look that great on the 360 either unless the development team spent more time on that. The cutscenes are pretty decent though and the whole sequence with the Stay Puft Marshmellow Man looks nice enough too.

Gameplay wise it's a mixed bag, this is mainly down to the controls. It takes a while to adjust to them but even when you do, sometimes, everything just feels a bit awkward. As mentioned earlier the ghost capturing mechanic is quite similar to the one seen in Luigi's Mansion but I actually think that game did it slightly better. That's not to say the way it is done here is awful because it's not, it just feels slightly unfinished/rushed.

I just finished the part where you take on Mr Stay Puft and that was pretty cool, very enjoyable. However the gameplay sections that proceeded that were a bit lacklustre and definitely not as enjoyable. I don't particularly like the fact that at times you are forced to take on too many enemies/ghosts at one time, it just gets to hectic and you lose focus. This is mainly down to the awkwardness of the controls though so if they were slightly better laid out then maybe this wouldn't be much of an issue.

So yeah the game is good but the amount of enjoyment you get out of it might boil down to how much of a Ghostbusters fan you are. I can see myself playing this through til the end but I definitely won't be keeping it much longer after I finish it.

Comment

Been playing this on PS3, and Iam very disappointed after the 10 minute install the game loads far to often, visual tearing, floaty controls and dodgy collision detection even crashed on me once. as much as its a technical mess it does hold some good ol Ghostbusters Magic if this was any other generic product it would of been slated.

Comment

Another one here who is feeling disappointed with it. It's comparable to the new firmware update that came out for the iPhone last week. A lot of hype, interesting for five minutes, then the novelty soon wears off.

Like others have said, the gameplay just seems really confusing and messy to me. It can get really hectic on screen while wrangling ghosties and with teammates dropping like flies all around you. Even on the default difficulty it can become overwhelming.

And I'm becoming more and more irritated by the rookie character I'm meant to be playing as. I want to play as one of the gang, not someone unfamiliar who doesn't say anything, yet likes to make their presence felt during every cutscene. He's like one of those distracting feckers who like to pull faces and wave at the camera during serious news reports.

Comment

It definitely picks up after the library level, although that could be more down to me getting the hang of the dodging than anything else.

Comment

Sounds like PS3 owners get one hell of a raw deal with the load times? Didn't notice anything like what's been mentioned on the 360 version

Comment

I played some more today and...well...it's just rubbish isn't it? The "dodge" mechanic is hilariously bad, you spend half the time ragdolling onto the floor in slow-mo, you then lay there waiting for your colleagues to pick up...who then ignore you, whilst they stand over you, shooting a ghost and ignoring you...

MISSION FAILED...LOADING..LOADING...

I'm gonna give the online a try, but I don't hold out much hope.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                              It definitely picks up after the library level, although that could be more down to me getting the hang of the dodging than anything else.
                              I hope so I just finished that and it's already very samey

Comment

I got the game on import for XBOX 360. Should I play now or wait until my new TV arrive and enjoy the game on 50 inch TV instead of 32

Comment

Working...
                                X