1 vs 100 (XBLA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoraths mullet View Post
    Is this availiable now and are there games going on 24/7? I am quite stupid and only had a quick glance this morning.

It's quite cool you can set it to remind you via the primetime channel too, so if you are playing an Xbox game you get a little notification telling you it is starting soon

Comment

so many more events being listed this beta sure is fun.

Comment

Be aware that any "Extended Play" games are just for fun, no prizes.

The next "LIVE EVENT" is 30th August, where prizes will be on offer.

Comment

I wasn't getting any voiceover from the live host btw, did I need to do something to enable it? Or was there none this time?
          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I think it was just a bit glitchy, the voice quality was very high quality, i wondered if perhpas there wasn't enough bandwisth then people couldn't hear?

The subtitles didn't match to what he said

Comment

I believe there is also an issue with privacy settings, as some people will have them set to only accept voice from "friends"...

Comment

The pre-recorded Olivia is there to move the game along at times when you're playing without a live host, such as the extended play games that will be running this week.

In extended play, there is no mob or one, you're just playing score attack against everyone else (although your score is better if you get one right the more that got it wrong).

The live shows should have a proper host, but they seem to be having some issues with it. Which is why they're running a beta before they start handing out the cash.

The game is completely regional though, for two reasons. Firstly, the rules on handing out prizes in gameshows are different across the various countries, so the game has to be subtly different. Secondly, it allows them to tailor the live host and the question set to the local audience. You must've noticed in the live one on Friday that most of the questions were UK centric, for example.

I hope they iron out the kinks, because there's a really good idea here, and one that they should be able to expand with other shows. I can see stuff like Deal or no Deal, Millionaire etc... all doing well in this framework.

Comment

It also has to do with gambling laws in the USA and other countries I assume. IE: a few states you can't play in as it's illegal.

Comment

I heard the live announcer for one game, thought it added so much to the experience. For the first time in years I felt like I was playing something new in gaming, it's a brilliantly made game and completely unexpected.

Comment

Bit dull the extended play.

Comment

i quite enjoyed it, apart from all the skiing and ski jump questions in the 8pm round.

Comment

so no actual rounds today? just extended play ?

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                            i quite enjoyed it, apart from all the skiing and ski jump questions in the 8pm round.
                            Aint that the truth, i thought i had jumped into a sport only game or something.

Hehe i was pleased i got the year that nintendo was founded in correct, max smugness as my friends all laughed when i told them the right answer they all picked something else & they all got the wrong

Comment

hell of a lot of footy questions too the misses was groaning at this, i think Microsoft need to be careful as this really dose split the target audience right down the middle. One or two i dont mind but i counted at least ten in 40 mins of play

Comment

Yeah at 8pm I thought the question setter was a Scandinavian ski enthusiast!

Despite all that snow related fun, I did manage to scrape 50% on that block. The rest were a bit higher percentage thankfully, including a 28 question streak on the 8:30-9:00 block
                                Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                                X