• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be playing this in four days!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos G View Post
      I will be playing this in four days!!!
      I strongly suspect you will enjoy it mate. The new MP modes are also very interesting, and could be great fun now that most of team GRAWsome are up and running with the game.

These patches cover some of the most irritating issues, so good news. I have a strong suspicion the "Game syncronisation" fix is also what we experience as "the stairs killed me" on occasion.

As patches go, I feel optimistic!

Comment

Good patch by the looks of that list. I'm having fun with this still, long distance headshots are very satisfying

Comment

Picked this up post-patch and it's quite impressive in some ways but quite barren (and I don't just mean the visual style) in others. Definately requires multiple players as the squad AI is next to useless and always seems set on doing the complete opposite of your orders. That said, I think the game creates a very distinct atmosphere and captures something of war that no other game hass (none that I've played at any rate). Thought it more enjoyable and rewarding than Modern Warfare 2 but Hardcore mode and those last 100 gamerscore can piss right off. There's hard and there's taking the piss.

Comment

Completed this last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Mission 10 was awesomely tense. Alas my friends gave up on mission 3 - safe to say this doesn't appeal to the same kind of gamer who thinks MW2 is the pinnacle of military combat games

Pulling off headshots in this is so satisfying, long distance 400m shots, aiming up a little - though as it happens my best 2 long distance headshots were on friendlies

I'll go back and mess around with this some more. A shame there's not some kind of random mission generator in this, I was going to pick up the DLC when I had a better idea - I'm going to wait and hope Arma II appears in the Steam sale. I'll give that a try

Comment

Done the first couple of missions - loving it. It's tense, you die really easily and you are forced to think first, shoot second, use the terrain, use your squad. really really happy I picked this up (albeit late to the party as usual).

Comment

Working...
              X