No announcement yet.

Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising [360/PS3/PC]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The patch is now in Q.A & a list of fixed issues and ETA for download date will be given on Friday.

In the meantime, see you soliders online!

Comment

excellent news! i hope this wont take too long. also, the game will soon need further co-op content as the unlockable missions are single player only.

Comment

Originally posted by Uli View Post
        excellent news! i hope this wont take too long. also, the game will soon need further co-op content as the unlockable missions are single player only.
        No there not! We just played them last night. Go to Coop, Single Mission and then you have all 20 missions available, both campain and shorter bonus missions.

Another fantastic session last night with VP and Kat.

A highlight for me was taking all the SAM sites down & then VP leading us to a beach where a Helicopter was hidden. Jump in & VP shows excellent pioloting skills showing us the sights & then zooming down into the smoke stacks of the various completed mission objectives.

After making a lap of the Small Island "DING" achievement unlocked for being Flyboys & taking a lap! Nice.

The sunset during the flight and with direction from his co-pilot (me) and gunner (Kat) we switched to night vision and made a perfect landing down by the Allied extraction Huey.

In keeping to the SF mantra of the game we destroyed the stolen heli & switched off night vision. The red fire & black smoke going up towards a star filled night, with dust being blown by the extraction Huey. Quite a sight!

The game is just absolute class & miles ahead of any other tactical coop shooter on the 360.

Only issue I have is that you get no spawns on Hardcore. That should be an "Optional setting".

I think we will be playing this game for a long time to come!

Comment

Capcom is the Muse of Op Flashpoint 2.

I think you should write a novel set in this game, loosely based around your own experiences in it.

Comment

Originally posted by prinnysquad View Post
            Capcom is the Muse of Op Flashpoint 2.

I think you should write a novel set in this game, loosely based around your own experiences in it.

I'm sorry I should spam the thread. my bad.

I guess it's just that I loved GRAW so much and then had great hopes of OP2 being a similar game, but with much better A.I and more openess and ability to use tactics.

When it transpired that the game did exactly that, & I knew I had a team of guys who love these games and will be creative in their tactics, well just all kinds of experiences happen each time.

I take your point though mate, I think I've posted enough First play impressions for everyone. It's like the Dead Space thread all over again!

I should really get back to the sublime Uncharted 2 again, but it's tough to put OF2 down!

EDIT: As a parting shot, I have to mention the "Jeep Incident" yesterday. We had softened the area of a village with an artilary barage, spread, high explosive, fired for effect.

Out of the normal destoryed buildings and smoke you often see straggelers, some wounded and crawling, those able often run for cover in trees.

On last nights game a tango decided to try and drive his Jeep towards us. VP had told me about a .50 cal (of the chinese variety) hidden in a hut next to the radio mast, and as luck would have it I was prone with my Binos when I saw the truck comeing through the smoke.

I quickly switched to the .50 cal and let a bullet go, aiming a fraction above the head. Wham. The car vered to the left and came to a standstill.

After the firefight was over a short while later and we came down the mountain I heard VP laughing. He instructed us to come to the Jeep.

The driver was there still. It was just that he was missing his head. I'd had a head shot from about 300m.

Another tale from the battlefield...
            Last edited by capcom_suicide; 21-10-2009, 12:38.

Comment

Originally posted by capcom_suicide View Post
              I'm sorry I should spam the thread. my bad.

I guess it's just that I loved GRAW so much and then had great hopes of OP2 being a similar game, but with much better A.I and more openess and ability to use tactics.

When it transpired that the game did exactly that, & I knew I had a team of guys who love these games and will be creative in their tactics, well just all kinds of experiences happen each time.

I take your point though mate, I think I've posted enough First play impressions for everyone. It's like the Dead Space thread all over again!
              Man, I love your reports!
              It's like living the game, even when I'm not playing it
              Nicely written little anecdotes - stat!

Comment

Trade in ODST yesterday whilist the going was good and got this, I'm really glad I did. Was playing some 2 player co-op and it was great fun, Roaming the island and lying aroudn popping caps in heads is amazingly satisfying

Comment

Yes mark me down under the appreciation society as well for Capcom, i know its off track about the game, but your writing skills and the way you explain and convey everything is top notch, not sure what you do ( just now )capcom_suicide but you should write some articles or reviews. Charles get capcom_suicide writing for you he's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                    Trade in ODST yesterday whilist the going was good and got this, I'm really glad I did. Was playing some 2 player co-op and it was great fun, Roaming the island and lying aroudn popping caps in heads is amazingly satisfying
                    You traded in ODST? Swineeeeeeee

Comment

I'll pick it up when I'm paid, gamestation gave me £31 trade in!!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBubbles View Post
                        Yes mark me down under the appreciation society as well for Capcom, i know its off track about the game, but your writing skills and the way you explain and convey everything is top notch, not sure what you do ( just now )capcom_suicide but you should write some articles or reviews. Charles get capcom_suicide writing for you he's awesome.
                        ?

Thanks.

Writing is nothing to do with my work, but I do get a few articles published in diving magazines on occasion.

Not much time for anything else, but a game like OF2 deserves illuminating in first play. It's a game that deserves much of the negative comments & does seem rushed. (Bugs & lack of much vehicle play in SP, to name a few) In many ways the game deserves the 7 it got from EG.

But, and it's a really mountainous "but", the game offers an experience that coop strategic shooter fans are just going to love.

Hence my posts about the various experiences the game has given, and a simple desire to share all the "Wow thats f**king awesome" moments. The game deserves that & in respect to the people would worked hard on it, they also have given an indication of a vision and creative talent that is not common in todays popcorn culture. You may not "get" OF2, it maybe too slow paced or long winded for some. But if this is your type of wine for pleasure, then it's like being served a 2005 vintage of Lynch-Bages, only to find that it was corked.

In my humble "Long term gamer" opinion, the publisher needed to get the game out before Modern Warfare 2, even though the two games are chalk & cheese (I and many others will buy both.) This economic factor lead to the game going out before bugs were fixed and clearly the original scope of the game was cut back significantly. I have no doubt that content was cut, it always is, but I suspect it was painful for the creative team.

With the forthcoming DLC and promise of a patch one can only hope that there were enough sales to give the publishers the cash they needed to continue fine tuning and improving the game.

I doubt the game devs read NTSC-uk, but one can home that inbetween the tsunami of critism on their own discussion boards they will see becons of light from people that "Got their vision" but feel short changed by the lack of all the features promised and the bugs that cause the game to fall in many gamers estimations.

For us, the ones who followed the game throughout development and see how unique & enjoyable the experience is, maybe the development team will do that extra burst of work, that extra polish that the game & fans of the genre deserve.

But even so, just to get the chance to sample a 2005 vintage of Lynch-Bages is enough for me. I feel like I'm playing *the* game of my 1982-2009 gaming career, and even with the rough edges the experience is one to savour.

I don't think I have much to add, rather than a wishlist:

- Fix online issues
                        - Fix bugs
                        - Make "head movement" allowed when driving
                        - Improve the campaign, add the missions (3 please) that required vehicles to move much further
                        - Talk to the DIRT2 team and fix the driving physics!
                        - Prevent dead corpses from vanishing, if it's a polygon count issue then replace them with low poly box figures, anything is better than nothing at all!
                        - Make a free roam mode that allows you to have random battles, with a special mission to encourage exploration, such as "Find the 100 inteligence documents." Get poeple to fly, ride, and drive over the amazing world you built.

That's my 2p. This game has got "something" it really has, and it deserves discussion, critique an appraisal, because without the efforts of the team who made this & other original games, the world would be a less interesting place.

Sorry for the long post, when I promised to be quiet!

Comment

And why haven't you been on tonight soldier?

Jankers for you.

Comment

From last nights escapades

Comment

I want to play this with you guys!! Anyone up for a session tomorrow night? (if I can tear myself away from Forza!)

Comment

Should be knocking around tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X