No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds good. How is the ps3 version in terms of framerate performance and loading times?

Comment

The loading times suck TBH. A particular hate is that it has to load each time you choose to continue, hell it even loads when you pause it. Should deffo have been an install option IMO.
      I'm nowhere near nerdy enough to understand how to even see things like framerate performance. The graphics are decent and I have seen no tearing and extremely little slowdown so far.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The framerate didn't really bug me, but the tearing is absolutely there. Especially in the old European town. Its a bit of a trade off, the 360 version might run and look a tad better... but you have to deal with its controller. I haven't played Bayonetta with it, but I found DMC4 to be crap with it.

The load times suck ass, I hope the patch is reality and will come through very soon.

Comment

So how exactly do you beat the 3 Kinships on Chapter 10? I can get to them without taking one hit, then it's like 50 continues, and I've only managed to take down 2 of the ****s.

Ok so PKPx9 kills all three of them. Shame it's taken another stone award to find that out
          Last edited by J0e Musashi; 22-11-2009, 12:15.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Finished this yesterday, now starting to go for some of the other achievements. Even the prologue is difficult on hard mode

Comment

I'm never gonna venture outside of Normal methinks. You'd have to be have the patience of an erm, saint to play on a higher difficulty I reckon. Either that or some serious practice would be needed. I for one do not have the time for such extremities, especially considering how borderline smashing the disc into little pieces it is on Normal.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

The thing that makes Bayonetta kind of easier is its generosity of checkpoints.

It seems that Hard has been made for replaying with your Normal run buffs intact. But a New Game on Hard... pretty much impossible to beat it seems.
                Last edited by saturn-gamer; 22-11-2009, 14:06.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                  Finished this yesterday, now starting to go for some of the other achievements. Even the prologue is difficult on hard mode
                  I think the Vestibule is very difficult on hard as you have to do the torture attack section in the time limit with no witch time and against Grace and Glory (think that's their name)

That's the hardest level I've played so far as a couple of hits and that's you magic power gone so no torture attack! But as Saturn mentioned, the checkpoint system in the game is very good at helping you get that little bit further and the other levels are very doable.

Onto stage 8 now on hard and since the Vesibule I've never been stuck, a lot of Stone Medals tho

Comment

Lol, does this game ever end? How many last bosses do they want for ****s sake.

The story on this baby sucks hard too. It's more weird than Twin Peaks. This is the most far fetched bull**** I have ever witnessed in my entire life. It's got a worse latter third than any Stephen King movie you wish to name.

I'm totally 50/50 on this game. I like it, but I hate it. I feel it's only to be played in short bursts as it can be very infuriating.
                    Last edited by J0e Musashi; 22-11-2009, 18:46.
                    Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm still busy with Normal, getting all portals and stuff. The trophy I received for finding half of them is a nice pun on Devil May Cry. Some portals make me proud of completing them, such as the Torture Attack one in Chapter 6. Its hard.

I liked it from the first second to the last one, although a slight few areas sucked. Both near the end,

one with the disappearing platforms and well, the last boss itself. He is easy but has this instant kill move that shouldn't be there imo.

The epilogue makes up for it, brilliant stuff

Comment

I am finding even the earlier, easier portals to be very, very hard work. So far only cleared something like 3 of them.

edit: don't feel quite so lame now I realise that I've been trying them on hard >_<
                        Last edited by fuse; 22-11-2009, 21:27.

Comment

Random question.

Is the instruction manual for the Jap version in colour or B&W?

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            I am finding even the earlier, easier portals to be very, very hard work. So far only cleared something like 3 of them.

edit: don't feel quite so lame now I realise that I've been trying them on hard >_<
                            LOL! was gonna say, are you playing on Hard?
                            I did exactly the same thing. I think they vary as the medals are inculded as part of the mission score.

Got Kilgore last night, really helps wreck some sh!t! I'm still missing 3 LPs tho...Does anyone have a breakdown of where the LPs are? I have the Katana, Claws, Whip, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Ice Skates.

I've been playing for 21 hours now and I only just realised you can put the claws on your hands AND feet. This game continues to blow my mind for fighting depth.

Can't stop playing it!
                            Last edited by Goemon; 23-11-2009, 10:12.

Comment

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
                              Random question.

Is the instruction manual for the Jap version in colour or B&W?
                              JPN 360 version is in colour

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
                                JPN 360 version is in colour
                                PS3 is too, none of this PAL business.
                                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                                X