Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is that in one go or multiple visits?

I'm almost positive I spent that... considering I've got a handful of costumes and accessories, one alternate weapon, all specials and hp/magic upgrades..

Also, what are the conditions for equipping a 3rd item? There is a spot near the hips.
    Last edited by saturn-gamer; 28-11-2009, 22:22.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      Is that in one go or multiple visits?

I'm almost positive I spent that... considering I've got a handful of costumes and accessories, one alternate weapon, all specials and hp/magic upgrades..
      in total.

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
      Also, what are the conditions for equipping a 3rd item? There is a spot near the hips.
      That's the Eternal marionette which is equipped on you for Very Easy/ Easy (automatic) and that get's unlocked after once playthrough on that mode. You can't attach a different accessory there unfortunately.

Which reminds me. I forgot to add that accessory to the items Goemon may or may not have attained.

As well as

The Bangle of Time, which is purchaseable once you have completed the game under 3 hours, on normal difficulty and above.

Comment

Crikey, there's a lot to unlock in this :S

I'm down to just two achievements left to get: all of the resting places, and

infinite climax

complete. Not sure what to do for the resting places - given that I've got all of the heart/moon pearl pieces I'd have thought this would be in the bag, but seemingly not...
        Last edited by fuse; 29-11-2009, 13:15.

Comment

I miss some of the resting places too. Might do a rundown via a guide, checking all of them. Problem is that they don't disappear once opened.

Comment

Quick tip for anyone else trying to do the top difficulty in this; Evil Harvest Rosary still works, and generates a counter-attack whenever you do a 'witch time' dodge, even if the battle would not normally allow you to enter witch time. No magic loss, and the penalty of the item is negated. This is proving very useful for me atm, whittling through the levels and even finding some bits easier than on hard.
            Last edited by fuse; 29-11-2009, 13:38.

Comment

I seem to have found a good farming spot (w/o having those top tier items). 500k in about 7 minutes.

Its Chapter VII, Temperantia. Basically, all you need is Gaze + Selen light and you have to do PPPP with Durga. Thats it. I find this better than chapter XI as in that chapter your scores aren't foul proof; its easy to mess up your chain there. In VII, thats impossible unless you are blind or something.

Its the last part of the fight against his face that will net you a HUGE score, but before that there is one part where you can rack up 100k ish already. Basically, just fight until he locks his arm onto the platform and starts to spray bullets from his mouth. You can PPPP him until 5000x9.9 or so, which is about on par with chapter XI farming. Get in WT as much as possible.

At the last part, his face, just mash PPPP and dodge his strikes or get hit to enter WT. You can probably get 9999x9.9 on Hard because he has more HP there. Bring some heal items though, you don't want to die all of a sudden.

Last edited by saturn-gamer; 29-11-2009, 14:14.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                Quick tip for anyone else trying to do the top difficulty in this; Evil Harvest Rosary still works, and generates a counter-attack whenever you do a 'witch time' dodge, even if the battle would not normally allow you to enter witch time. No magic loss, and the penalty of the item is negated. This is proving very useful for me atm, whittling through the levels and even finding some bits easier than on hard.
                Yep, that's what I used! Very useful when you have no witch time, especially when taking on enemies that are on fire.

I don't no how you got the achievements for the tentacles on Chapter 9 and Platinums on Chapter 14, Fuse!! I'm find them the hardest things to get!! Any tips?

I didn't get the achievement for the final witch resting places either. I'm starting to think you're gonna have to collect the tears from the birds too.

I'm sure I've spent a million with Rodin!? One item I bought alone was 500,000!! Still don't have the chuks

Comment

Originally posted by jimtendo View Post
                  That's the Eternal marionette which is equipped on you for Very Easy/ Easy (automatic) and that get's unlocked after once playthrough on that mode. You can't attach a different accessory there unfortunately.
                  So if I play through on Very Easy (automatic) I'll then have this item in Normal and above or I'll be able to buy it?

I've not played for a few days. There seems to be so much to unlock on this that multiple play throughs are a must. A question though. After I've completed it on Normal, do I start a new game saving over the previous Normal game? Or should I just use Chapter Select so I don't lose all my halos and accquired items?
                  Last edited by J0e Musashi; 29-11-2009, 14:58.
                  Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                    So if I play through on Very Easy (automatic) I'll then have this item in Normal and above or I'll be able to buy it?

I've not played for a few days. There seems to be so much to unlock on this that multiple play thbroughs are a must. A question though. After I've completed it on Normal, do I start a new game in Hard saving over the previous Normal game? Or should I just use Chapter Select so I don't lose all my halos and accquired items?
                    Alwayss use the same save and change your difficulty.
                    It will automatically start you again on hard when you finish the game but if you select options on the mission start screen you can just set your diffculty, so you can just chop and change as you wish.

Comment

Its 10 million. And I doubt you'll have to spend it, as his whole store isn't worth that :P

But don't ever start a new game. Hard is very much impossible without buffs. However, Hard is a piece of cake with those buffs. I just randomly rush through the stages (did about 6 or so). Don't be afraid to use yellow pops too, especially handy against those twin enemies who magically disable your witch time. Nah, with constantly 3 yellow pops in hand... I doubt Hard will pose any problem for the remainder (and I hardly use em).

There are some things about this game that go against hardcore. First, there is the easy automatic mode. Secondly, there are the checkpoints. Then the way too powerful items which also don't cost that much (in DMC, prices would gradually increase), and the ability to create them on the fly... I'm not complaining though, the game almost never annoys me yet launching a long combo gives me a good feeling.

The tentacles in Chapter IX are impossible to me, I have the feeling that you'll need the bracelet for it.
                      Last edited by saturn-gamer; 29-11-2009, 15:54.

Comment

Chapter XIV is pretty easy once you get the patterns down - I cranked it down to easy too, where hardly anything attacks you and breezed it. The tentacles in Chapter IX aren't so bad either - use your handguns to stall your falls and then line yourself up to go straight through them and you should be fine. Appreciate it's easier said than done, but even still it should be ok given you can grind yourself to an almost complete halt.

I just got 'Treasure Fanatic' - my last one was

right at the start of Chapter XII - there's a half-open door on the left you can force open

. Might be worth trying for those of you who are still missing the achievement?

Just got a few more levels to do and then I'm at 1000/1000
                        Last edited by fuse; 29-11-2009, 17:12.

Comment

Ran through Hard, which wasn't Hard at all (via existing save). Still miss a few of those chests, but I know I missed one in chapter XV. I don't really hate that part anymore either, its very easy with the flying skill and the music is pretty good.

I'm now improving my Normal times for the speedrun, I must say the kilgore exploit is a handy tool here.

I might try XIV on easy, but even on Hard I managed to snatch a Gold there, and Hard is pretty much projectile rape. It seems its a matter of just not getting hit much and hold the fire button. The tentacles, actually missed one in my Hard run but didn't bother to reload at that time. I shot most of them with my handgun.

Comment

When is this out on PAL? Played the demo last night and fell in love with it immediately, it has style and soul in abundance and possibly the best music I've heard in a videogame since Castelvania IV on the SNES all those years ago.

Comment

January 8th. Not too long to wait.

Comment

Just had a go on the demo...it's a bit bloody good isn't it!!

Comment

Working...
                                X