No announcement yet.

Bayonetta [PS3/360]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw you playing this Joe. Really want this game but I saw the 360 version to Eurogamer Expo and it made the PS3 demo look like total arse quite frankly (even though I had previously enjoyed the PS3 demo!). Does it still play well? I'm concerned that the demo may have hidden the very worst (technically speaking) parts of the PS3 port.

Comment

The remaining LP's are rewards for completing the game on various difficulties, as well as finishing 100 chapters. I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Goemon View Post
        LOL! was gonna say, are you playing on Hard?
        I did exactly the same thing. I think they vary as the medals are inculded as part of the mission score.
        Yeah, so now done the first 4 levels on hard (but not the Vestibule, hah) but also gone back to the portals I struggled with and breezed them on Normal, which was re-assuring

Originally posted by Goemon
        Got Kilgore last night, really helps wreck some sh!t! I'm still missing 3 LPs tho...Does anyone have a breakdown of where the LPs are? I have the Katana, Claws, Whip, Shotguns, Rocket Launchers, Ice Skates.
        Think you've got more than me already mate - definitely haven't got Rocket Launchers! Ice Skates were the only ones I didn't get first time round. I already know there are LPs for

finishing the game on hard and completing 100 chapters

. I will confess I have been trying to find more help online on this subject myself and haven't come across anything too useful yet. Where was Kilgore? I have been pretty bland in my weapon choices, katana on arms and shotguns on feet generally speaking.

Comment

Kilgore is in

The chapter with the clock tower revisit, IX?

The first LP is behind a sun marked door you can reach after you've used the first key. The door on the opposite having a Portal I think. The 2nd you cannot miss, its after the gunship fight. The 3rd is hidden behind a destructable wall near the halo stairway with the floating platforms having big boulders on them. You have to jump over the gap in wolf form, instead of jumping the halo platform towards the annoying boulder. Its a hidden verse.

Last edited by saturn-gamer; 23-11-2009, 12:52.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
            Saw you playing this Joe. Really want this game but I saw the 360 version to Eurogamer Expo and it made the PS3 demo look like total arse quite frankly (even though I had previously enjoyed the PS3 demo!). Does it still play well? I'm concerned that the demo may have hidden the very worst (technically speaking) parts of the PS3 port.
            Well I've not played it on 360 (I strongly doubt I ever will), so I have nothing to compare it to. However I find it a fantastic game. Although it's quite like my Mrs. in that sometimes it annoys the hell out of me and I want to smash it's face in.

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
            Kilgore is in

The chapter with the clock tower revisit, IX?

The first LP is behind a sun marked door you can reach after you've used the first key. The door on the opposite having a Portal I think. The 2nd you cannot miss, its after the gunship fight. The 3rd is hidden behind a destructable wall near the halo stairway with the floating platforms having big boulders on them. You have to jump over the gap in wolf form, instead of jumping the halo platform towards the annoying boulder. Its a hidden verse.
            I need Kilgore badly methinks. I'm going back over all the chapters in Normal before I tackle the Epilogue. I can get it though yers or do I need to finish the game once first?
            Ice skates too, where are they?
            I have the Katana, Claws, Whip and Shotguns so far.
            Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-11-2009, 14:36.
            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can get them at anytime you want. Same goes for the skates.

The skates are hidden in

I think chapter 6. The first one is, as soon as you start, directly behind you. Later on you should fight 2 of those snakes in the water. The LP is hidden behind a wall of rocks at some side of that area. The final one can't be missed I think.

Last edited by saturn-gamer; 23-11-2009, 13:08.

Comment

Woot. I got Lt. Kilgore and the ice skates. The Kilgore combo glitch is devastating. I don't really get the ice skates though.

I'm replaying the earlier easier stages again and again to build up halos now. I want that taunt to life up trinket. Seems like it's gonna take ages to clean the store right out.
                Last edited by J0e Musashi; 23-11-2009, 20:30.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

You can freeze your opponents with the Skates, and throw them. Its pretty cool. Every weapon has this cool thing going on, with the Whip you can latch onto opponents and swing them around etc. I've got the Shotgun originals now too, so I can set them at both arm and feet. Still have to get Kilgore and Durga alternates.

But why not farm Chapter XI? All you need is Square button mashing skills with Durga, and some random dodging. I reckon that even without those Selen light and Gaze of Despair items, you should rack up halos fast enough for the time being (if you keep the multiplier intact by taunting after the first segment).

Comment

Also make sure you've got the 'Gaze of Despair' accessory equiped so you instantly keep the Angels and boss in constant zerg/ aggro mode, as that builds up your multiplier as well. Even if you do mess up and get hit a few times, Chapter XI is a quick way to make a few thousand Halo's in roughly 6-7 minutes.

Comment

Thanks for that guys, Chapter XI it is then. Other than all the techniques and two of those perfumes (which change you outfit, but don't actually seem to do anything?). I haven't bought anything other than red hot shots. Halo's seem to be pretty scarce if you're just playing normally. I'm yet to actually taunt too. TBH I had totally forgotten about it. I need to learn some more of the finer details about this game methinks, but I shall stick with it. I'm improving the more I play it
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                        ... and two of those perfumes (which change you outfit, but don't actually seem to do anything?). I haven't bought anything other than red hot shots. Halo's seem to be pretty scarce if you're just playing normally. I'm yet to actually taunt too. TBH I had totally forgotten about it. I need to learn some more of the finer details about this game methinks, but I shall stick with it. I'm improving the more I play it
                        The perfumes do make very 'slight' changes to Bayonetta's appearance, but only when you've set the perfume within the item menu (where you get to make concoctions) also, you've got to have the correct weapon equipped for the change to take place.

For example, while wearing Durga on the hands, will give her translucent devil horns. Yet, you wear them on her legs, and she will have a devils tail.
                        For Kilgore, she will wear some shades and a cowboy hat.

Glad you've stuck with it and not benched it :]

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                          Woot. I got Lt. Kilgore and the ice skates. The Kilgore combo glitch is devastating. I don't really get the ice skates though.

I'm replaying the earlier easier stages again and again to build up halos now. I want that taunt to life up trinket. Seems like it's gonna take ages to clean the store right out.
                          Yea, the Ice Skates freeze your opponents, quite handy as you can freeze one enemy and tackle another.

I also went for the taunting trinket but I warn you the health it gives is pretty small, no more than 1cm. I ended up not using it that much.

Just finished Hard mode before, wasn't too bad in the end. Got the

Bazillions - basically guns that fire laser rings

not too bad but would take Kilgore anytime.

Tried

Infinite Climax

mode, basically Hard with no witch time. Not too bad so far as a number of fights on the other difficulties are without witch time anyway so you're ready for some things.

Comment

Aha! So that's why she has a tail now... I was expecting a whole new outfit from the perfumes. I've turned into some kind of novice gamer since I started playing this. Lol, the amount of blindingly obvious things that have passed me by is unreal.

I love how this game has those little things like that though. It just keeps on giving it seems.

Aye, I shall not be giving up on this one for a long time methinks. Best £40 I spent all year.
                            Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

I'm all about the ice skates, don't think I could play without them equiped now - poor panther form doesn't get much of a look in...

Comment

Just started playing this and it's pretty frickin crazy good. Anyone know if there's a way to manually enter the combo training bit?

Comment

Working...
                                X