No announcement yet.

P.N. 03

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, a whole lot of time is spent playing extra missions. For me though, I didn't buy every single suit my first time through easy, so I started a new game (saved on the same game file) and had all the suits that I won previously. So I just skipped all the early missions, got up to the higher ones, and played the extra levels, since the bonus points are much higher as you move up. However, I played easy twice to get the Blackbird, so playing through once, you'll surely be playing in a lot of the extra missions, even if you don't have to do all of 'em.

Comment

You do NOT have to do every single training mission. I skipped a lot of them, actually. All you need to do is buy every suit and (I believe) max out each of their stats....which ironically enough will have you playing in a lot of bonus missions
      strange... i have the us version too & definitely didn't max out the stats of every suit before getting the blackbird (although i did buy all of them...). when i finished the game (on easy) i got the blackbird.

i need to go back & play again - it's been a while... but it sounds like the blackbird's a lot easier to get than i thought it was. apologies for the mis-information...

there are 5 training missions per level, excepting the last level, making for 61 missions in total. when you've completed a 'story' level the 1st training mission will open up. complete that (with professional rank) to unlock the next training mission & so on, until you've opened & completed level 5. then complete the next story mission to unlock the 1st of the next set of 5 training missions.

King_of_Hyrule, have you unlocked the papillion? do you know the criteria for it??

Comment

Ok then, it sounds like you only have to buy each suit and beat the game once to get the Blackbird.

mattSix:
        King_of_Hyrule, have you unlocked the papillion? do you know the criteria for it??
        I'm in the process of unlocking it right now, actually. I've read this entire thread like three times ( ) so what I've gathered is that you need to beat the game on normal, or hard, twice. Beating it on easy doesn't count towards the two times that you need to beat it though...and I surfed on IGN and someone over there said you needed to max out all your suits. I'm not totally sure about that part (but I'm trying to max them all out anyway since after you get the blackbird, every suit can potentially be maxed out), but you'll at least need to beat it 2 times.

Hope that helps!

Comment

I think that may be it. You just have to buy each suit, not max them all out. Play through on Normal and buy all the suits to get the blackbird and then play through on Normal or hard again to get the papillon. Matches with what I did anyways.

Comment

Woo hoo!

Finally unlocked the Papillon last night! Go me!

This was on the PAL version and I ended up doing a lot of stuff to cover all the bases and be sure of the Papillon:

1. Played through on Easy (including all trial missions completed at professional level), bought all the suits (but didn't max all the stats), unlocked the Blackbird and Hard mode.

2. Played through on Normal but only the story missions, no trials. Didn't unlock anything.

3. Played through Normal again, this time doing all the trial missions again (professional ranks) and maxing the stats on every single suit along the way. UNLOCKED PAPILLON!

I love this game but I think I need a break for a while now...

Comment

Got Blackbird last night. Now I'll finish Normal mode, max all the suits out, do the trials, and then do Hard.

Comment

\o/

Comment

Very nice game this... I was waiting for the price to come down and since it did last week I bought it immediately. So far I have been enjoying it (I am now fighting the last boss).

One question though... Does anyone know what those pink icons do? I know the effects of the green and orange icons, but I cannot find it for the pink ones. It is not mentioned in the manual and on gamefags...

Comment

Extra lives ennit -

Big ones = x3
                    Small ones = x1

She's got invincible frames on her sideways dodge I found - if you get it spot on she gets a weird crosshatched flash in front of her where the shots are disolving, but it's DAMN hard to time!

Comment

Thanks! Didn't figure that one out...

It has been mentioned quite some times, but after playing this game I also realised how wrong a lot of reviews of this game are. Most of the criticisms are just not correct imo. The control scheme is very nice (but you have to give it some time), and the environments (as are the character designs) are absolety fabulous I think. An ace game!

It is sad that (after anticipating this game) I was put off by these "wrong" reviews and didn't buy it at release. I am very happy that the price came down so I eventually bought this game in order to appreciate it and to "discover" how enjoyable this game really is. Looking back, it was worth the full price though.

I only miss one thing... The Sir-Mix-a-Lot song "Baby got back" should have been in this game...

Comment

That should teach you to ignore our reviews! First English review of PN03 in the world too, beating even Gamefaqs

I guessed that most reviewers would entirely miss the point, but unfortunately it wasn't a risky guess at all. It was obvious. Thankfully now the game is on budget in the States (and here?) more people are learning that the game isn't a failure after all. About time too!

Now, how about a sequel?

Comment

Right. Capcom does Viewtiful Joe 2, why not provide us with more sexy assassin action? I would buy it...

Comment

Yeah, I know... At first, the mixed reviews put me off of buying this game. Eventually this thread convinced me to want it. However, I still wasn't that sure so was waiting for the price to come down (also because I am a student you know... ). I live in the Netherlands and since a week or so this game is offered by a store for 20 euro.

I am absolutely adoring this game. Figuring out the flow of the attacks and making use of that... Moving like a ballerina... Shaking that ass... Extending the combo in the last second... The beautiful design of the environments and machines... Looking back this game was worth its full price! Here's for hoping a sequel will see the light of day.

Comment

This game is amazing. I wish I'd known how good this was before and I'd have had it earlier - Need to get the troops alerted to it.

Top recommendation - Thanks to you forumites for highlighting this one. Another gem that I almost missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoshimax-UK
                                This game is amazing. I wish I'd known how good this was before and I'd have had it earlier - Need to get the troops alerted to it.

Top recommendation - Thanks to you forumites for highlighting this one. Another gem that I almost missed.
                                Agree mate, got the game earlier in the week based solely on the views of people here. Not been able to play it for more than a couple of hours but I know it's gonna get some serious hammer asap. Thanks people!

Comment

Working...
                                X