• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit. Pants, sorry. Posted this twise : /
    ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

The jap site is very cool indeedy. Has a great picky of Vanessa too that is proudly placed as my desktop as we speak. I can only hope they upload a few more of her various other suits

I finally beat the boss last night, such an overwhelmingly satisfying experience. I was physically unable to conquer the boss with the suit I had, therefore I spent a great deal of time earning points and upgrading another suit. During this time it was a great feeling witnessing my own skill and gaming ability (on PNO3) steadily increase. Things I thought were humanly impossible soon became second nature.

I love the music too, so absorbing and relaxing especially on the last level. Her voice also is absolutely spot on imo. Sounds? very sexy indeed.

I am currently racing through on Hard at the mo with the wonderful Blackbird suit. This is one mean-killing machine. Nothing can stand in Vanessa?s way now

Anyhoo, I love this game. Definitely shocked me at first and took me to my limits, but now everything seems so? so right. It just wouldn?t work if u could fire and move at the same time? nor do I believe the game would create the same immense atmosphere if the textures and designs were any different.

My advice if u haven?t played it yet? take it for what it is. It is something very special indeed. Don?t think it should be any other way? at first it will seem slightly strange and awkward, but precede still, u may be pleasantly surprised

Regards
      Adam
      ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

I played through the first level and a bit, when amr brought it to the Edge Manc meet.

I really liked the styling and animation, and how easy it was to pick up the controls. But, it felt very channeled and linear, and very stop-startish, the fact that you have to stop to fire and you're fixed on a plane when shooting feels restrictive.

But, on the plus side, the shooting is cool, animation impressive, interesting variations on enemies and I could tell that it would become more fun once you get more moves. So a good first impression, but not without flaws.

Comment

How do you get the Papillon suit I just got Blackbird

Comment

Finish it again, I think it may have to be on hard though.

Comment

Can anyone confirm it has to be on HARD? Before I start.

I found Normal difficult enough (well the boss at least - about 20 credits)

Comment

You should find Hard OK with the Blackbird - the final boss goes down surprisingly quick

Comment

I got papillion on normal, although I did get a destroyer rank overall...

...It'll make you go blind 8)

Comment

I've completed it again on easy then again on normal and still no suit Just returns to Blackbird title screen

Damn this thing. Completed 3 times within 2 days

Comment

You need to finish the game twice on the same save game file to get the papillon suit. I don't think the difficulty matters. The papillon suit is wicked, but it makes the game so much harder

Comment

Originally posted by tyler
                        I've completed it again on easy then again on normal and still no suit Just returns to Blackbird title screen

You have to go back to the first stage after you get the Blackbird on the title screen. Go into the pink glowing ball at the start and change suit to access the Blackbird (which r0xx BTW)

Comment

Originally posted by Saurian
                          Originally posted by tyler

You have to go back to the first stage after you get the Blackbird on the title screen. Go into the pink glowing ball at the start and change suit to access the Blackbird (which r0xx BTW)
                          Yeah mate, I played through it twice with Blackbird 8) . I'm after Papillon, thats what I can't get.

Does title screen change again when you get it?

Comment

Ah I get it - you're after the norty suit!

I havent managed to get it yet - I have finished it on Normal and Hard, but it hasnt come up. I'll bowl through and get more Destroyer rankings and see what happens.

Comment

I'll bowl through and get more Destroyer rankings and see what happens.
                              I just read that the Japanese tips book states that Professional is a higher ranking than Destroyer

Comment

Heavy! 8)

I got Professional all the way on Normal! I thought Destroyer was higher LOL!

Comment

Working...
                                X