No announcement yet.

Darksiders (PS3/360)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've stuck this out and I'm now in the tail end of the Ashlands. I'm enjoying it, the main stumbler for me is the out of dungeon padding. They need to streamline the hub for the sequel and replace the padding with an extra dungeon or something.

Comment

Originally posted by dreamylittledream View Post
      If you played up to the first dungeon (which is in a castle and has a dragon for a boss) and you're not feeling it then I'd leave it there as thats the point it gets good - before that its very bland and generic - which is somewhat crazy given how good a game it is that the pacing the opening is so poor.
      I didnt feel it until at least the 2nd dungeon from what i remember.

Comment

To give it it's fair props, I got to the end of the Ashlands and when I reached the boss I suddenly realised that the Ashlands was the 3rd dungeon Properly surprised after the first two and now just in the right place to start the fourth dungeon, nice little mix up there.

Comment

Stuck it out and glad I did, I enjoyed it despite sometimes it attempting to put me off. The Triforce hunting style section at the end was eye rolling and a tedious way to drag the length out. Overall it was fun but a pretty average game. Hopefully the next game ups the ante in terms of distinctive styling, variation and hub structure.

Comment

Working...
          X