No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't think it's available on the store yet J0e, only way to get it atm is to redeem a code that you get with the Ltd Ed

Comment

I can get to it from within the Extras menu in the game, however as I am playing on my UK account and my game is the JPN version I get a blank PSN screen. I guess I'll have to log in on my JPN account to get it. Grrr etc.
      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

It shows up under extras on the UK version as well, but when you select it, it just takes you to the dynamic theme on the store as the DLC's not up yet, I'd assume the JPN version is the same even if your logged into your JPN account.

Comment

You were right, I've already bought the Dynamic Theme too so I just get a blank PSN screen. Curses, that's another zero trophy game next to my name.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Does anyone have any knowledge of how compatible cross-country codes are? Will the French code I have work on my UK account? I don't want to use it until they sort the OST on March 5th, but I'm away for two weeks from the 4th so will have to wait until then.

Comment

finished now...managed to keep everyone alive except one (pressed the wrong button sadly ) so I think I got the happiest ending possible.

going to try again being a complete bast/coward and see how dismal an ending I can get

Comment

Finished it, but one bad decision at the end has left all but one of the heroes dead. Curses. I was trying to be all compassionate and that too. Onto the second playthrough!
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Well after plenty of sceptisism I finally decided to pick this up and have played a fair bit of it now.

I cant say its blowing my socks off, its an intriuging story but while watching it play out it I often get the feeling that id rather be doing just that, watching it.

There are a couple of sections where the button pressing works well and complements the action scenes, such as the bit where

Ethan goes crawling through the eletrified wires during his second trial and you literaly get your hands in a knot trying to press all the required buttons on the controller down

. but more often than not Im thinking I am missing alot of the excitment of the action sequences becuase im not really looking at what is happening so much as what button i have to press next. The QTE system works better here than in many games for the simple reason that one slip up dosent make you start it over again. But these are still QTE sequences and they arent going to change anyones mind if they dont like the idea of them.

The Sci-Fi sunglasses dont really fit either, its set a couple of years into the future, not 25, they dont make sense being there. Unless I have missed somthing and the FBI have just started using them?

As for the comments about it not being a game, well I would say that it probabaly is a game, but the gameplay isnt that good, if it didnt look better than anything we have experienced before and have such a brilliantly absorbing story the gameplay certainly wouldnt be enough for people to enjoy it, which is somthing I think we can all agree on.
                  Last edited by rmoxon; 03-03-2010, 18:55.

Comment

Norman's glasses aren't that over-the-top - plenty of mobile phone manufacturers have fairly ambitious plans for augmented reality technology (adding graphics to the view seen through the phone's camera). The only really daft thing about them is how precisely they magically locate evidence. The whole visual overlay, uplink to a central computer and adding your own tags deal is not that far out of reach if I remember correctly.

Still enjoying it myself, though I'm leaning more and more towards Edge's review - I mean, Christ, I honestly, honestly don't like to stamp on people's enthusiasm, really I don't... but are we playing the same game?

Nathaniel

and

the doctor

are just cartoons - the whole scene in

the dungeon

was tremendously tense, sure, and pretty well choreographed (not to mention Madison always seems to get the best of the water effects). It was also laughable to the point of being pathetic; contrived, linear, poorly acted and saddled with some of the most godawful dialogue in the game so far. I'm really happy the game's doing so well - and it's encouraging to see Cage refining his vision so much from one title to the next - but he's still got a long, long way to go in many respects.

And the technical problems don't help, either. I've had glitches, lockups, hanging (the

market chase

was rather less fun than it should have been, let me tell you) and my best friend was playing through the

trial by sacrifice

scene when the sound went out for something like three or four minutes. Followed by the system crashing again. No problems with any other game, certainly not to this level. Says a lot for how much fun it is that I still want to keep playing... but it's very disappointing.
                    Last edited by Eight Rooks; 03-03-2010, 19:33.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                      Finished it, but one bad decision at the end has left all but one of the heroes dead. Curses. I was trying to be all compassionate and that too. Onto the second playthrough!
                      can't you manually save and go back there any time?

Comment

I think the trophy for all four alive may require you do it in a whole playthrough? Not sure though.

Comment

I got the trophy for "all four alive" despite one of them dying in one of the final scenes, so I think it may be for getting them all alive up to that ending section.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            I got the trophy for "all four alive" despite one of them dying in one of the final scenes, so I think it may be for getting them all alive up to that ending section.

Yeah, then you go all out and make sure they all die to get the Trophy for letting them bite the dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Eight Rooks View Post
                              Still enjoying it myself, though I'm leaning more and more towards Edge's review - I mean, Christ, I honestly, honestly don't like to stamp on people's enthusiasm, really I don't... but are we playing the same game?
                              No surprise there.

Been a few days since I completed it and I still think it is stunning game. I even got a few "casual" PS3 gamers at work to try the demo and they loved it. A couple of them actually went out and bought it.

Will be playing through it again after the gaming rush over the next few weeks dies down. I really hope it gets more DLC though, as I loved the Taxidermist scenario that came with the special edition. Anyone know if more DLC has been announced?

Comment

Isn't every character getting their own additional chapter of DLC? Think John Parry said that a while back.

Don't see that being enough though. Madison could be given loads of DLC as a journalist - imagine the cases they could get her working on. They could be dull or fantastical such is the way of Heavy Rain itself and the way it makes the mundane seem important.

Comment

Working...
                                X