No announcement yet.

Heavy Rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've just put a 'Wanted' thread for this in the Trading forums if anyone is wanting rid. Thanks. Sorry to hear about people suffering from any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      Well this is crap, I just turned it on and I have the exact same problem. Theres no fix for this then? My save game is just broken?

Fantastic... Well I'm not playing through the thing again, I was really close to the end too. Did no one playtest this bloody thing?
      Isn't this an issue to do with the PS3 time-bug rather than the dev?

You can select the previous chapter and it will hold true to the decisions you've made so far anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
        Isn't this an issue to do with the PS3 time-bug rather than the dev?

You can select the previous chapter and it will hold true to the decisions you've made so far anyway.

Just tried loading the chapter Sexy Girl and can't even get that to load.
        Ffs etc etc.

Comment

You should really play through this many times. I think people who do it once and then sell it on are missing the point TBH.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
            You should really play through this many times. I think people who do it once and then sell it on are missing the point TBH.
            Exactly what I'm trying to do Joe.

Comment

Seems a bit bad man. Hope it sorts out for you. I think trophies are not unlocking on mine TBH. Poxy that too.
              Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Cheers.
                It's so good that's the most frustrating thing.
                I have started again but kept my other save file just in case they release a magic patch to cure this.

Comment

Again, I still dont agree with this, the game seems made for one time through to me, its such a personal experience, playing differently a second time would just not feel right.

Not like it matters for me anyway, I'm not even gonna make it through the first time by the looks of it.

Comment

I have mixed feelings.

Part of me feels that my (currently) only playthrough was "my" game. It was played as though I were the characters, it was my story.

If I played it through again I'd feel as though I were forcing myself to make the "wrong" decisions just to see alternative scenes or that I knew too much about the scenes so made my choices based on the fact I'd seen it already.

For example, I replayed the

Nathanial

scene to get the "good" trophy, and although I was happier with the outcome, the spontenaity had gone and the incredible shock factor I recieved first time through was gone. Likewise the

Doc/Maddison torture scene

, well...the second time around I didn't

drink anything

to get that trophy and it didn't feel like I'd done what I would have done. In my world I was polite so I

drunk the drink, naivety maybe but I wanted to convince him I was who I was pretending I was

...of course you could say that was the "wrong" way to play it, but it was MY story.

That said, I would like to see other parts of the game again, but I just can't see myself playing it entirely in a "new story" mode, purely because I wouldn't want to sully the memory of "my story" and the absolutely incredible experience I had with it.

However, replaying the
                    chapter made me realise how much I'd missed! I got the "butcher" trophy, rushing so much that I didn't even notice all the other possibilities in that scene!

God I love this game, listened to the soundtrack and it's stunning. I honestly haven't felt this way about a game in a long while. I want more!!

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                      the game seems made for one time through to me, its such a personal experience, playing differently a second time would just not feel right.
                      I'm on my third playthrough, and it's been different every time without me actually trying to make it like that. It's still personal no matter how many time you play IMO. What about the DLC? You have no interest in that?
                      Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Finished my second playthrough. I'd agree that playing it once and making that your own 'personal' story is the best way, but on my first play I actually ballsed a few scenes and ended up doing the opposite of what I wanted...e.g.

Lauren dies because I biffed the car window open before getting her to wake up.

Thought I'd right those wrongs and make the ending as different as possible this time...and it was more suspenseful and surprising as a result. Which was ace.

But man, some scenes (mostly Norman's) are a wee chore to go through again. In fact, Norman's the one character I'd skip entirely given the chance. Just pop on those detective-o-matic glasses, and bingo! You solved a crime. They missed a trick not making Blake playable instead...Would have been great to be given the chance to be an absolute backside.

One final nitpick: The news reader at the end looks awful, wrong and weird.

Still, really enjoyed it. Not perhaps as awesome as I first thought after one play through. But yeah...8/10.

Comment

Managed to get my game going again by starting from an earlier chapter and completed it earlier.

I seem to have found a game breaking bug though, during the

Blue Lagoon segment with norman I collected all the evidence, the stuff about madison and the gun, but later on in the game he has none of it, which means he cant find the killer and quits his job at the end.

This reallspoiled an otherwise fantastic ending and made the characther in question feel almost totaly irrelevant to my story. I went through the chapters in question a second time and still the same thing happened. Its frustrating really as I dont think I'll ever see the ending I would have liked too for the character becuase as I said earlier i dont really want to play through it again... or at least not for a long while anyway.

Anyway forgetting the bugs and getting back to the game, overall I'd say this is 8/10, its not the game of the year by any stretch of the imagination, it wont even be the best Playstation exclusive, but its still a good game that everyone should experince just becuase its so different from the norm and has such a well told story.
                          Last edited by rmoxon; 04-03-2010, 21:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Ish View Post
                            Wow, reading all these other endings is pretty mind blowing. So much variety. Mine is different still:

Ethan saves Shaun and Madison turns up just as he does, quickly followed by Scott who shoots Ethan. Madison makes a run for it and Scott chases her and they end up on the top of the crane, with Madison injured and about to be killed a gunshot fires and Ethan has made it up behind them and has shot Scott. He shoots him again and Scott falls off the crane and dies.

Lauren is already dead having being drowned in a car by the rich dude who's name I can't remember. Scott escaped the car and went after the rich dude, walked away when he started having a heart attack.

Ethan, Madison and Shaun (now happy) get an apartment and are all very happy and just want to move on.

No police involvement at all. But thats probably because Norman has given up, and hands his badge in. Depressed but determined to get a grip on "reality".
                            just finished it and this is the exact ending i got - from the same events too.

what a game.

i know its totally different, but I tried just cause 2 demo today, and the opening cut scene looked horrendous after playing heavy rain the last few days. the animation is simply amazing in Heavy Rain, i feel it is definitely a new benchmark.

cant wait to see some different endings now

Comment

I dunno, playing it in different ways is kind of like leaving your finger bookmarking a page in a Choose Your Own Adventure book and flicking between the various choices to see what happens next.

I'm more than entirely happy to keep my playthrough as it was, living with the choices I made in a manner of speaking. I'd rather keep it seamless experience rather than trying to reveal the inner-workings of a game.

In fact, I'm of the admittedly personal opinion that trying to see every single outcome of every single choice is missing the point.

Comment

I wonder if Cage would say he was for or against the trophy you get for doing just that? He did say in interviews at one point he'd prefer people to just run through it once then never play it again, I think.

And

I'm on my third playthrough, and it's been different every time without me actually trying to make it like that.
                                I'm genuinely curious - how is that possible unless you're screwing up the button presses? You play the first time, you pick what seems the most appropriate choice. You play a second, third time or whatever, you remember every choice you made, you try and see something different. While obviously Heavy Rain isn't actually Dragon's Lair HD, you wouldn't say that's literally different every single time regardless, would you?
                                Last edited by Eight Rooks; 05-03-2010, 14:50.

Comment

Working...
                                X