No announcement yet.

Red Dead Redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cougar's are damn evil. Twice they have killed my trusty steed out of no-where.

Comment

Quick question about horse deeds if anyone can help me please!

I've got the war horse deed from the LE of the game - Can you use the deeds again and again should tragedy befall my trusty steed? I did use it and it stayed in my inventory but I wasn't sure if it was just a couple of uses or something. What's the normal use of horse deeds? As many times as you like?

Also with all the stuff you collect - animal skin/meat etc - do you just sell that to make some money? No other uses for it?
      Cheers

Comment

I've used my deed twice now and it still hasn't dissappeared. As for animal skins/meat the game did mention that certain people might need them, i haven't come across anyone yet.

Comment

Yea its def a bit hit and miss in places, and as i mentioned in my earlier posts fairly inconsistent with how it implements certain things. I've also seen a number of weird glitches like characters vanishing then reappearing in cutscenes and NPCs seemingly attempting to break the land speed record by skating across the landscape.

Personally i like the controls and think they've done a good job. The way you tap to speed the horse up corresponds with the way your character spurs the horse on. Its probably just me, but i also like the way you tap to sprint same as GTA4, feels almost like Track and Field and adds a little layer of interaction that's nice. Everything def feels more responsive and fluid than GTA too.

Comment

Did my first bounty mission and managed to take him in alive, satisfying feeling get!

Really enjoying just trotting around the world, getting to know the area and picking up new missions. The auto aim took a bit of mastering but in conjunction with the dead eye it's fairly easy to pop a head, switch off dead eye, retarget and repeat.

Comment

I finished up the stranger quest "Flowers for a lady" yesterday and after the cut scene I went back inside the shack and blew the head off the

lady's corpse

- I mean clean off The instant the head came off BOOM massive bolt of lightning followed by a 1 hour thunderstorm. The heavens weren't pleased hehe

I dont know if this was a coincidence or what but it creeped me out a bit

Comment

You can use the Horse Deed as many times as you want. Just as well with the games ability to give you a random horse on occasions.

When I got to Mexico the game reverted to the Warhorse but as I had been using the Golden Stallion I used the deed to get that one back. If you like a horse and don't possess a deed it is worth investing in it. At least when you fame is high enough, you get 50% off all prices.

My Guide should arrive this morning so I am hopeful that it will be easier to recognise all the types of horse.

I will also check where I found the two shotguns and the Springfield (Sniper?) Rifle in the PS3 so that I can get them in the 360. I suspect one of them was from a Hideout where I rescued a safe (apparently should have rescued the Sheriff as well).

I found the three parts of the New Austin Treasure. (spent so long looking for the first bit I resorted to the web... the diagrams are not that helpful). You get progressively more money for each one you find.

Comment

With the deeds, I want to buy the horse I got from Bonnie, the stallion I believe...but I don't know where to find it to buy it!

By the way, can people be a bit more cautious with spoiling missions and locations please?

Comment

Only a little way in but I'm finding it all a bit bland at present. Granted I've not ploughed loads of time into it yet, and the great moments might still be out there, but I'm not feeling the love straight away. If anything it's made me appreciate the worlds of GTA even more.

It's strange because it's delivered on the things I expected ... but nothing more. Yet. It's a game model I already love, but I prefer it in a modern world I think.

In two minds whether to sell/trade while the value is decent.

Comment

Bonnie's Stallion is a Kentucky Saddler. You can buy the deed from the General Store (probably on the Ranch, certainly in Armadillo). Cost initially is $1500 but get enough honour and it is $750. If you have the Duster Coat in your outfits you get the discount.
                      Last edited by Bassman; 25-05-2010, 09:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                        Only a little way in but I'm finding it all a bit bland at present. Granted I've not ploughed loads of time into it yet, and the great moments might still be out there, but I'm not feeling the love straight away. If anything it's made me appreciate the worlds of GTA even more.

It's strange because it's delivered on the things I expected ... but nothing more. Yet. It's a game model I already love, but I prefer it in a modern world I think.

In two minds whether to sell/trade while the value is decent.
                        I guess if you're not a massive western fan then it will loose a fair bit of it's appeal. I've always loved westerns of all types so a game of this scale is just a dream come true for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassman View Post
                          Bonnie's Stallion is a Kentucky Saddler. You can buy the deed from the General Store (probably on the Ranch, certainly in Armadillo).
                          Thanks! Did I miss something in the game? I don't know how I was supposed to know all that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jebus View Post
                            Thanks! Did I miss something in the game? I don't know how I was supposed to know all that?
                            My Kentucky Saddler got killed by a Cougar

If I buy a deed to a horse, does that mean whenever I whistle I'll get the upgraded horse come running, rather than the default one?

Comment

Yes, you can click on the Horse Deed and that is the horse that will be your default (until the game does its occasional unscheduled swaps). Whistle and it will come running.

I only found out when I asked at Gamefaqs. As far as I know, the game does not make it clear that you can do that.

I'm having the occasional issue with Deadeye. I click it and move to the target and sometimes get the cross where I don't want it and can't seem to cancel it.
                              Last edited by Bassman; 25-05-2010, 11:23.

Comment

Just been watching a few of the glitch videos on youtube, some are hilarious, especially the ones where they should be animals but end up as some kind of half man, half beast creation.

Comment

Working...
                                X