ModNation Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah cool.

Before I let the kids loose on it - there doesn't seem to be any copyright/trademark protection going on at all, is the community moderated in any way? I don't want them stumbling into a giant penis driving a penis around a giant penis shaped race course. Of course I'd just find it funny, but if mummy sees she'll take daddy's console away....

Comment

I've got over 20hrs logged online at normal times of the day and not seen a single bit of dodgy content at all

I would investigate the options menu and mute the chat though !

Comment

Community reporting for anything that offends not seen anything of that nature either.

Another JGTC kart, made and uploaded this morning.

Raybrig Honda NSX

Comment

Just uploaded this kart, hoping someone picks it up as it seriously messed my eyes up working on it.

triple a Lamborghini Murcielago JGTC

First attempt killed my sticker credit before I even got started.

Last edited by NeoStuey; 29-06-2010, 20:30. Reason: removed link

Comment

Went up earlier tonight.

Daishin Ferrari F430 JGTC

I still eventually ran out of sticker credit. I did use some to alter the bodywork of the car at the front left and right and at the rear and also to make the rear light console surround and relief for the Ferrari badge.
            Last edited by NeoStuey; 30-06-2010, 23:23.

Comment

those karts look really impressive, I don't even begin to know how you got the japanese looking outlined writing in the red/white Lambo

footy taken over a bit for me recently but fully intend to keep online racing and getting my ranking up, possibly knocking off the last couple of challenges too, would like to get to the 100% club.

Comment

Neostuey i love your karts and spent the evening in the Raybrig Honda last night, great stuff.

Comment

Cheers chaps!

merf, it was a lot of trial and error, and a feeling of biting off more than I could chew especially at 2-3 hours into it with no sticker credit left. Removing all the outlining bar the accents and punctuation helped. I've kept the original car in case the sticker limit ever increases.

If you guys are trying out my karts do you mind seeing how the Murcielago and F430 perform for you? To me they feel much better in the drift than any of my other karts. (am I kidding myself)

Last night I was just going make myself a new character mod and retire Mr Mansell, thinking of the different anime characters I like I made a Lupin III mod. I ended up making a kart using one of the vintage bodies, it handled like a dog and felt sluggish (spent an hour on that and then decided I'd delete it). Besides Lupin can now enjoy the Italian supercars.

I'm also hoping getting him seen in online events might help to get me some downloads.

Comment

only thing I've really noticed effects handling, beyond the simple sliders, is the ride height setting, feels like you get more roll on the higher raised settings, I prefer the low or open wheel suspension as does feel 'tighter' to me.

I don't know who the guy above is Stuey but he looks like Gareth Bale to me.
                    Last edited by merf; 02-07-2010, 07:38.

Comment

Ah so it's just the handling, must be used to the wide suspension of the F1 and low ride height of the JGTC karts that it felt so strange.

Well the mod is supposed to be Lupin III having looked at him again this morning I realise that I've made him mirrored! With the wrong eyebrow lifting. I will be fixing him this afternoon as I'm on a half day for the football!

Comment

I wouldn't 100% swear to it but I have a plane body on raised up suspension and it really seemed to roll around bends and just felt less precise than the open wheel models I have.

Could be my imagination but think I have enough hours logged to notice it.

I'm certain things like engines & wheels make no difference beyond cosmetics, only way somebody steams past you is by better driving or having the speed/accelerator slider turned up (or of course a powerup)

Comment

I only pick up character packs very occassionally, but I will be getting this one

Comment

Anyone know if the psp version is faithful to the ps3 one? handling good, graphics mostly intact etc?

Comment

More bits from me, Lupin and crew.

2nd series Lupin

Daisuke Jigen

Goemon Ishikawa XIII

Fujiko Mine

Inspector Koichi Zenigata

Alternate Daisuke Jigen

Lupin 1st series, my current mod of choice.

Current kart Ferrari F430 with Lupin the Third logo, no artwork added. (unpublished)

Comment

Fishbowl head , ive got the ps3 and psp versions, the psp one is not bad, but its quite a trimmed down version as you would expect, you only get the 6 karts on track instead of the 12 on the ps3, but its still worth getting on the psp, graphics are good but it does all feel triimed down if you played the ps3 version.

Comment

Working...
                                X