• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
    I take it you cleared the game 100%?!
    I have now!

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      I have now!
      That's freaking awesome, hats of to you!

I'm a long way behind, did clear the Marina earlier and earnt some very handing striped stickers which I needed.

Comment

Felipe Massa finished and just uploaded to the share station. Took me a good 10-12 hours to make.

Back to work next week so probably be the last one for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
          I have now!
          thats very impressive, for a cutesy looking game the difficulty in doing that is incredibly high

Comment

Jumped the gun earlier as I hadn't done his race suit! Corrected and re-uploaded, that's it final complete no sticker credits left for anything more, thank goodness!

The next time I post should eb about my progress through the game, which is going slowly. The more I think about it Number 45 the more I'm impressed by you clearing the game. I'm still finding the closing laps of a race overwhelming where I'll get done by two or three consecutive AI attacks or just loose it. I'll be coming to you for some tips I'm sure.
            Last edited by NeoStuey; 12-06-2010, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              thats very impressive, for a cutesy looking game the difficulty in doing that is incredibly high
              I won't lie - it had its moments of frustration! But having said that they were few and far between.

The only two challenges (Out of how many - 60+?) that I felt left you at the mercy of lady luck were the Dire Cliff challenge to take out three enemies in the Canyon (And I think I might have been incredibly unlucky on that one) and the side-swipe challenge on Fracture (Which in the end actually only took me 45 minutes of genuine effort).

For every other challenge it was almost immediately obvious once you put your mind to it that with a little practice you could achieve the goal - and that really is a reflection of how beautifully the game is balanced and how well the tracks are designed.

If I get the time tonight I might create a Rob Green mod/kart.

Comment

I'm probably going to buy this for one of my kids, who loves Trackmania. A couple of questions:

1) When you're editing the track, is it possible to jump right in and drive on it, or do you have to finish it then drive it?
                2) Is there a Free Drive mode, where you can drive tracks without opponents, or a Time Trial mode?
                3) Is there a hyper easy mode that a 5 year old could win on?

Comment

1 - you can make a track by simply driving the route then selecting auto populate, simple as that. you then get to instantly drive or race on it.
                  2 - you can time trial online and have single local races, wouldn't swear there is a local TT mode
                  3 - the single player career game doesn't have a difficulty setting, which is an oversight I'd say as the game isn't really Sega Allstars or Mario Kart in terms of accesability, its a brilliant game but has quite bit of subtlety and complexity to the racing/weapons & boost
                  Last edited by merf; 16-06-2010, 20:14.

Comment

Made the Audi R15 Le Mans kart during the last three hours of last weekends race and finished Alonso and his kart (revised the Ferrari again on Monday, Massa got his number 7 car too).

Today I made the 1992 Williams FW14B that Mansell won the world championship driving and I made a Mansell mod to go with it.

Too bad the servers are down at the moment as I haven't been able to upload the Mansell mod and kart yet.

I'm also progressing through career mode it's frustrating at times, I have 6 challenges left to do and not all in the final section either.

Comment

Servers are fixed now and Nigel and his Williams have been uploaded.

Comment

I used to watch F1 back in the Senna & Mansell era, I've grabbed your latest Stuey and you'll be pleased to know I took them out for a handsome online series win earlier.

Ranking up kind of grinds to a halt at about level 21 as you seem to need 5000+ XP points to gain a level, a decent series would do well to gain you 800pts or so.

Comment

Servers are fixed now
                          Thank goodness for that. Loaded the game yesterday for only the second time to be met with words like 'unauthenticated' and 'kicked from the servers'. Harsh words for a bit of server downtime at their end.

Nigel and his Williams have been uploaded.
                          Best so far. I'll be downloading your mini masterpieces very soon

Comment

Excellent work again Stuey. How about you use you considerable talents to take requests? I could use a ChainsawFilms branded car

Comment

I'm surprised by the 'legs' of this game for me, I'm still really into it online and the standard of racing is getting pretty high now, just had a series with 6 racers all in the 20s XP range and was really intense

Comment

Fun aside, is there an incentive to race online? I know they have a levelling system, but from what I can tell you don't actually gain anything from levelling up do you?

Comment

Working...
                                X