No announcement yet.

ModNation Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you don't unlock anything extra online no, though I did get gifted 5 extra creation slots today for passing 1,000 creator XP points for my artistic efforts

what online really shows is what a damn good racer this is, not just kart racer but proper non-sim racer

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
      I take it you cleared the game 100%?!

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
      I have now!
      Level of Merit get!

Two nights with my Mansell mod and kart and I've finally cleaned up the challenges I had left to clear. Fracture was the last to go, at times it must have sounded like a French Footballing squad's team meeting with the amount of expletives being shouted out but I got there in the end.

Fracture is 50% good driving and 50% luck with the swipes, got two in the opening lap caught up in lap 2 and the third in lap 3 and held on for the win.

Thanks for the comments on the karts guys, I'm more than happy with how the mansell mod and kart turned out. Matt not sure I have the talent to scratch build something, I'm only good at grasping how something looks and even then apply some artistic license.

Gonna enjoy some XP races, got a series clean sweep last night to boot, must be the Mansell factor!

Comment

Coming soon...

Spot the difference(s).

Comment

Borrowed a copy of this from work and I'm not feeling it, to be honest. The handling feels weird and the load times push my buttons.

A shame as I like the style of it. Reading the praise you have all heaped on it I feel that maybe I should persevere but I don't know if I can be bothered.

Comment

Im not feeling this either really, the most likeable thing about it are the cutscenes between the races.

It dosent look that good and so far all the tracks are as simplististic as the graphics and are quite boring.

Maybe people just like it becuase of all the create and share options it presents them with, As an actualy game it certainly dosent seem up to much, though I suppose I could just need to give it more time.

Comment

This has more in-depth handling than any other kart game I've played, and later courses are probably the best I've played in a game like this. The controls are superb, handling tight, and the courses flow.

The creating side of things is just a bonus.

Stick with it

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
                Im not feeling this either really, the most likeable thing about it are the cutscenes between the races.

It dosent look that good and so far all the tracks are as simplististic as the graphics and are quite boring.

Maybe people just like it becuase of all the create and share options it presents them with, As an actualy game it certainly dosent seem up to much, though I suppose I could just need to give it more time.
                the biggest problem i had with it was the handling. A slight touch seemed to move your kart into a 30 degree turn.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                  This has more in-depth handling than any other kart game I've played, and later courses are probably the best I've played in a game like this. The controls are superb, handling tight, and the courses flow.

Stick with it
                  agreed

for a simple looking cartoon game it has a level of depth and subtle handling I just wasn't expecting. For my money the handling in this is way more complex than the recent Split Second & Blur, I called it way back in the thread the spiritual successor to MK on the SNES.

Comment

Stick with it
                    Originally posted by merf View Post
                    agreed

for a simple looking cartoon game it has a level of depth and subtle handling I just wasn't expecting. For my money the handling in this is way more complex than the recent Split Second & Blur, I called it way back in the thread the spiritual successor to MK on the SNES.
                    Thirded!

I absolutely hated the demo of this game but bought into it after following this very thread. When the handling and track knowledge comes to you it's sublime.

Mansell kart uploaded in the week, final version, no sticker credit.

Also made some older Super GT karts.

Calsonic GT-R

And my current runaround:

Yellow Hat Supra

I need more sticker credits!

Comment

Brilliant as always. You should do some of your own designs, be very interested in what you came up with

Comment

Is there a second patch coming for this with regard to the load times? I quite liked what I played so far, but even with the first patch the loading times are shocking.

Comment

I'd not hold out much hope. They're building the cars and levels on the fly, and I imagine they've already optimised most of the code to get it to this state....

Comment

There was a suggestion that some fixes would be due this Monday and that a patch is in QA with no firm ETA

Source modnation community forum and in turn from the US MNR boards, take with a pinch of salt.

Picked up a nice statcard whilst perusing there too, a member of the community is providing these but to also needs fixing as it's picking up inaccurate info.

Comment

I'd not hold out much hope. They're building the cars and levels on the fly, and I imagine they've already optimised most of the code to get it to this state....
                              I'm interested in online - does it not have to download huge quantities of data before a race? As I have a terrible broadband connection - could I essentially cause a multiplayer race to hang for 10 minutes as I download 50Mb worth of information?

Comment

the load times for online are no different to offline, I hve to say once in a series I don't find it an issue but would take any improvements they can make.

I believe the track files and download files themselves are very small, it takes a second or 2 to actually download a new track, but then a while to actually load it and let the game engine 'build' it for racing on.

Comment

Working...
                                X