No announcement yet.

ModNation Racers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That challenge is active now as well I believe.

Comment

couldn't find any XP races (as usual) but had a really good session with this online last nite with a full set of randoms, online netcode in game is pretty solid and really highlights that this isn't a cheap rubber-banding game or blighted with teh blue shell.

more I play the single player the fairer & more skill based I realise it is too.

also I know the load times are a pain (about 1m45s for initial load and a min to get a track in to race) but as a small bonus mid-race restarts are instant with no reloading at all !

if a few of us can get organised and arrange a proper online session at a suitable time this will be a lot of fun as its vey well balanced actually, once you got your head round it all

Comment

I had a realisation last night about another layer of depth that I hadn't yet thought about. And now I can't remember what it was. *sniff*

Does anyone know what you need to do in order to get the trophy for visiting all of the ModSpot locations? It seems fairly obvious but doesn't seem to have unlocked for me.

EDIT: Also, it's frightening how easy it is to win on the earlier tracks now. I can easily hang back completing the objectives until the last lap and win it! That first grudge match is tricky though (On Miners Rift, outpoint Drillbit) - managed to get the next one (SkidPlate on Marina) on my first attempt.
        Last edited by Number45; 28-05-2010, 07:47.

Comment

I had exactly the same experience yesterday, went back to hoover up a couple of unlocked bits yesterday and could cruise round and pretty much easily manipulate the whole race that I'd really struggled with the other day.

course knowledge is utterly vital in this, I'd had a lot of goes around the building site level (modbahn or something like that) in single player, it was selected a few times online and I utterly destroyed the field, who I think clearly hadn't played it, no blue shell or rubberbanding to keep it all together.

i thought i'd visited all the modspot locations and didn't get it either, wonder if you have to go in and do them all, have you raced a hotlap & set a time etc ?

I can't outscore drillbit either, need to go back to him, only challenge in first 2 series I've not got.

Comment

Outscored Drillbit right away. He topped at 100k or so, I had about 15k more. Was surprised he always kept being close to my score, since its a first grudge match and all. Its good to hear if the rest isn't more frustrating than him.

All you can do is drift as long and much as possible and make spins in the air. The track is perfect for continous drifts.

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
              i thought i'd visited all the modspot locations and didn't get it either, wonder if you have to go in and do them all, have you raced a hotlap & set a time etc ?
              I did a hot lap last night yeah, although I haven't actually done anything in some of the other locations. Maybe you actually need to complete a task in each location rather than just load it up.

EDIT: Testing sig thing from the site:

Last edited by Number45; 28-05-2010, 10:49.

Comment

How many official tracks are there? I'm up to what I assume is the last one now, end race in Championship 5 I think. Looking to ensure I have all tracks unlocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  That challenge is active now as well I believe.

That advert is absolutely appalling!

Comment

Yup. There's a crappy in-game one on their FB page as well. They should stick to Kevin Butler in the US... and I haven't even seen an ad for this in the UK.

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                    How many official tracks are there? I'm up to what I assume is the last one now, end race in Championship 5 I think. Looking to ensure I have all tracks unlocked.
                    I think that's the last one yeah. I haven't seen anyone mention any more that unlock after that, and I doubt they'll enable them in reverse for obvious reasons!

Comment

made my firster ever sticker group in a game to create a cupcake (was trying for something unique thats not up already)

behold the cupcake delivery van :-

Comment

The last 3 nights I've been really enjoying this. Maybe the mechanics finally clicked, or maybe I shouldn't play a game while I have a fever and am throwing up. I'm still seeing little annoyances with the AI - they can get left behind yes, but they can all also get some serious speed boosts if you're taking a "short cut" and they're not. And also they seem to recover a lot quicker than you when shot. The number of times I've been on the home straight, not once but a barrage of 4, 5 maybe 6 weapons coming my way. That is frustrating but taking it in my stride now

The game itself though, away from that nonsense, is brilliant. I like the races without weapons, where you rack up points. The slide mechanic feels, to me, the best I've played in a Kart game. And I'm hugely impressed with the courses.

There's so much to praise this game for. I imagine, like LBP, that if this was released by Nintendo people would be going crazy for it.

Comment

passed my enthusiasm for this onto my son whos equally hooked now, especially spurring each other on to get the unlocks on challenges, still can't get the bit of luck needed to take somebody out with a devestator

managed to get a quick couple of races online with mister bubbles on a couple of decent user created levels yesterday, which was nice.

agree, with Matt, if Nintendo had done this it would be getting far more good word and enthusiasm.

I hope it makes Nintendo up their game with the next Mario Kart, I don't see how any kart game again can just stick out set of courses and 16 riders, this is a market changer for me.

Comment

I got the Devastator one after about 5 attempts. Try to keep the pack tight but hang towards the back, eventually you'll get the luck needed. I can't get the 2000 air points needed on one of the earlier tracks.

Comment

an island one has a 4000 air point challenge in the 2nd series I think, you need to take an extreme right turn shortcut shortly after the start (near the shore line) which leads into a boost pad and big ramp, you have to get that each lap without getting mid air exploded and hit a smaller ramp 2/3 times near the finish line, its tucked away up the inside line in some trees.

key is the big ramp and shortcut though

Comment

Cool, that's the one. I'd missed that first jump. I was trying to jump off all kinds of little bumps and ledges along, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X