Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currently WIP

Comment

Ready to upload after I watched today's TT races.

2007 Audi R10 TDI Le Mans, Vorsprung durch Technik.

Typically ended up compromised when I ran out of sticker credits.

Car is now uploaded.
      Last edited by NeoStuey; 10-06-2010, 21:09. Reason: linked the same image twice, doh!

Comment

Stuey your karts are really looking great, with Le Mans on this weekend you may get quite a few downloads.

Shame this doesn't seem to be getting into more peoples hands round here as those of us that are playing it seem to be a bit obsessed !

Comment

Thanks, here's hoping. (crosses fingers). Used transparencies to make the appearance of air ducts over the rear wheels.

Good point about the game, more people need to own it, it plays brilliantly well, the drifting round the courses is so much fun. Once a courses layout is learnt it still has the tricky AI to sort you out and the challenges to unlock and online. Best kart game ever imho.

Comment

Grabbed all your karts tonight, will get some more from the rest of the group this weekend.

My 2nd map only has 1 download, lol. Just played it, think I should change parts of it - but I'm done for the time on modding. Once I've edited the trailer I'm on, I may get back to some more. Or if the kid wants to help this weekend. It's so nice chilling out and making a map

Comment

Holy mother****ing ****ing **** **** yeah **** yeah! Woo!

*pumps fist like a maniac*

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                Holy mother****ing ****ing **** **** yeah **** yeah! Woo!

*pumps fist like a maniac*
                I take it you cleared the game 100%?!

Way to go if you have!

Wishing I'll be able to join you on that one day.

Comment

Matt I've just grabbed your tracks will look forward to seeing some more from you.

Comment

Originally posted by NeoStuey View Post
                    I take it you cleared the game 100%?!

Way to go if you have!

Wishing I'll be able to join you on that one day.
                    Actually not quite. I was so relieved at doing that sideswipe challenge last night I had to quickly come on here and let off some steam!

Just the last two races to go.

Comment

whilst I appreciate the effort that goes into the track designs my 'problem' with them is there is no way to integrate them into my time with this like you can with karts and mods.

I've downloaded a few and enjoy having a one off race on them but thats it, its a bit of a side show, maybe if I played more local multiplayer.

Will be good when they start integrating user creations into online series, as long as its not that pain in the arse drift spiral thing, which I hate.

Comment

The thing with downloaded tracks is a decent track will take lots of races to learn well and get the most out of it. With thousands of tracks, there's little incentive to replay more than once. I've tried quite a few Top Rated ones, and frankly there's nothing that good. Some are awful. Give it a month hopefully some real qyality will appear.

Comment

True there is so much of everything on there to download it's daunting just trying to find anything. Matt I gave your tracks a go, voted and left you some feedback. Enjoyed both of them first few laps to get the layout, mad air in Rumble in the Jungle.

I managed to beat the final event today and get the spin challenge but that part was ridiculously eaasy compared to just winning. I'm still Mr Inconsistency when it comes to putting 3 decent laps together but I won in the end by 10 seconds. Prior to that I was coming in anywhere between 2nd and 9th dependant on how much damged the AI drivers inflicted on me on the last lap or me just being dumb and messing up.

As a result I got the F1 body and parts including the narrower front tyre drag set and I've quickly put together new Mclaren and Ferrari karts which I am now the originator of. So if anyone would like to download those versions (please ) they are now available.

Comment

Also unpublished and republished the Audio R10 due to getting the engine I wanted for it and also having unlocked the lowest suspension setting. No more tweaks to any of those three now they are final and I can go back to racing!

Comment

Stuey, I'm going to download ALL your karts. I'm hugely impressed with the detail - and the time it takes you to get them done, you're churning them out very quickly

Thanks for the feedback, will check it out later. I'd like to redo the maps but I really can't spend the time on them right now.

Comment

Cheers Matt!

Well I had the week off work to do these.

Don't ask how long I spent on this yesterday and so far today!

Still some to do on base design then the remaining logos, I hoping I have enough sticker credits to finish it. May have to skip putting anything on his race suit.
                                Last edited by NeoStuey; 12-06-2010, 10:52.

Comment

Working...
                                X