Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool, keep them coming

Comment

love the Martini car Stuey, looks like its straight out of the original Sega Rally

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
        love the Martini car Stuey, looks like its straight out of the original Sega Rally
        Thanks and funny that you should mention it, I did this one this evening.

'Twas hard work too getting those swirly bits going, I know it doesn't look it but there's 92 layers on each side panel for a start.Had to use some just as blanking parts and then some to blank them where they interfered with previously layered shapes. The editor is good but basic even in advanced mode. Where is the paint brush, eraser and a proper cut and paste tool? Would make my life a lot easier.

Both this and the Martini are work in progress but I have uploaded both for the time being.

Comment

your getting good with the modding tools Stuey, reckon you'll pick up loads of downloads if you start taking those out online racing.

this hitting the US store tomorrow for $1.75, hope we get it :-

Last edited by merf; 08-06-2010, 08:59.

Comment

A Vamp style mod/kart was the first thing I was going to create when I'm done with the challenges. Bastards.

It took me another hour last night, but I finally nailed that challenge. There was much pumping of fists.

I then completed all three objectives on the next track (Finish 3rd, finish 1st + clean lap, finish 1st + take down three opponents in the shipyard) in about five attempts. I have five more tracks to go.

I wish the community site would track your offline statistics as well though.

Comment

sterling effort mate, you will have my upmost gaming respect if you 100% the single player in this.

was reading the forums on the official site about some kid who did the whole lot 100% within 48hs of release tho ................

Comment

Doesn't surprise me one bit, I've seen a few people on GAF who have done it as well (And one guy who paraded that he'd won all of the races, I told him to come back when he's done all of the challenges. ). The game does give you a time played in the stats - last time I checked it was at 14 hours, probably at 20+ now and all but maybe 2 of those are in the career mode.

Can you believe the trophy for placing first is a Gold, yet the trophy for completing all of the challenges (In which you need to finish first AND complete a challenge) is a Silver? Crazy stuffs!

Comment

just had a good session, got first 3 series totally cleared now and picked off a few more in the latter events, including the devestator one on Modobahn and a tricky one on an island track that needs a double shortcut every lap to open up a secret ramp to do a double 360 each time, as you need 6 for the unlock.

key to the devestators was to actually stop and go back and forward over the pads a couple of times on the first lap, get a kill, then catch up

stuck on a marine track where you need to get 2000 top speed points, can't ever seem to get more than 800 let alone win as well.

Comment

That's not too hard actually. Try setting the speed slider to +2 Acceleration, that way you're quicker getting to a lower top speed.

Comment

just came back and saw your post, which I'd worked out but ta anyway.

have given myself claw hand but achieved my primary objective of unlocking all car body types, engines, suspensions & wheels

just spent 45m + doing the sinkhole objective of destroying all of Nato's ammo and still coming first, bloody hard.

Comment

I'll never get good at this game if I spend all my time in the creation station at mod central.

Spent a few hours making this, orginally did it on the Indy Kart, then realised I had Gunder's F1 kart which looks better but is just as hard to skin. How do I go about unlocking the F! kart proper so I can upload a NeoStuey created kart?

BTW in the last shot you should be able to see that I used a red coloured rivet to simulate the wet race light.

Comment

i recall getting the open wheel racer quite late on, have a look in the events menu by pressing square, you can often see the outlines of what you get, if not I'll have a butchers later at which event unlocks.

nothing too advanced but this body I got today cried out for a ZZ top theme

Comment

Wicked!

Comment

Originally posted by merf View Post
                              i recall getting the open wheel racer quite late on,
                              Ta, off to career mode I go, it's about time I got some racing in!

Comment

open wheen racer with open wheel suspension is the unlock for coming 1st in the last race in single player with 20,000 spin points, you also get a cool engine and an F1 steering wheel with buttons on. oh, and a starbucks style coffee cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X