No announcement yet.

Fallout New Vegas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appear to have no plot quests to do...

Finished the Yes Man quests... What now? Story has ground to a halt. May be because I killed Caeser...

Comment

I managed to get a couple of hours play in this afternoon and so far I loving it. I haven't encountered much in the way of bugs apart from Deputy Beagle floating on the ceiling when I was talking to him! I have decided to be a good as possible, I left it too late in Fallout 3 and didn't have time to mend my ways.

Comment

Definitely fallen victim to one bug, can't do a bugging quest (mmm irony) because the girl I need to hand it in to seems to be stuck below the ground.

Found out I'm not actually stuck for the main quest, it's just that an 'optional' quest has turned out to be not so optional...

Comment

This sucked much of my weekend away, loving it so far. Seeing as everyone seems so focused on its bugs, the only one Ive come across so far is when I went back to see Deputy Beagle who amusingly was 'stuck' on the ceiling twitching as he spoke to me

Comment

Some bugs are amusing and some I've taken advantage of a couple.

1 was a design flaw at Caeser's camp: there's a gate you go through that is class as a different region. That means hostile enemies can't follow you. Couple that with some nearby beds and it was very helpful in me taking on Caeser without emptying the game of stimpacks (do they actually regenerate in vendors inventory?).

Killed the boss of the radioactive vault by simply standing in a doorway and chipping away with the little ammo I had left. So long as you don't enter the room or cripple a body part, he won't attack you.

Incidentally, don't even attempt the radioactive vault unless you have shedloads of ammo and lots of stimpacks (and radaway/radx) unless you want to get stuck and have to leave. It doesn't nearly give you anywhere near enough inside.

I would say though, that bugs aside, the design of this game isn't up to Fallout 3s. The game world seems more sparse, less interesting things to discover and the strip itself is odd, a few unblemished buildings (but with poorly maintained interiors) with high tech lights and stuff surrounded by decrepit buildings. Not as atmospheric as the capitol wasteland.
            Last edited by abigsmurf; 25-10-2010, 10:39.

Comment

Yeah its enjoyable but as mentioned not as much as Fallout 3, the engine just feels even more dated and I am sure is the cause to numerous bugs. But having said that apart from a few minor issues (like the dogs eyes not in its sockets) its not been a horrible bug/crash fest like its been made out to be.

I however miss there are not as many random people in the camps you find and the tutorial level doesn't feel very comprehensive in terms of you get through the character creation, skill training in a very small building and then get kicked out into a small encampment with very little about how the new crafting system works or anything part the basic point and shoot.

I have enjoyed some of the characters I have met but some of them try too hard to be quirky or there isn't enough of them. Certainly not found anything to match the Ghoul City, Moira or Tenpenny tower.

Also even for all the colour in the world I still feel i enjoyed the bleak wasteland (but I realise I am in the minority there.) and of course the scale of the wasteland is pitiful compared to FO3 the maps are no comparison. I hope that Vegas itself being mostly enter-able makes up for it.

Comment

Oh FFS. Just got a game breaking bug. When i levelled up, it stay stuck on lvl4. So i get no stats increase or anything. XP 1893/1700

The nearest save i have is fing goodsprings at level 2. grrr.

In fact that save was from a previous game, don't know why i never did multiple saves. Bloody got to start from the beginning now. Giving up for the day now...... I was at a really nice enjoyable bit, murdering everyone at the prison with explosives too.
                Last edited by SuperBeatBoy; 25-10-2010, 21:02.

Comment

Do not rely on autosave, two of my mates had the game crash on them while it was saving and one of them lost over 6 hours of gameplay due to having no back up save...

I'm personally 30 hours deep and not had the game crash on me once or noticed any major bugs so it's very random.

Just multi save loads and also if you notice the load times getting really long then power off and restart your xbox, this helped me out loads.

Anyone who is put off by all the talk about bugs and glitches don't be ! the game is awesome just have to play it safe with your saves.....

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                    This sucked much of my weekend away, loving it so far. Seeing as everyone seems so focused on its bugs, the only one Ive come across so far is when I went back to see Deputy Beagle who amusingly was 'stuck' on the ceiling twitching as he spoke to me

As tempted as I am by this, I still think I'm going to hold off for them to patch it.

Then again if I'm missing things like this, perhaps I'm missing out...

Comment

completed it now.

The last bosses were stupidly hard, complete opposite to Fallout 3 where they were a piece of cake. Utterly insane difficulty spike.

Great game but playing it made me realise just how good fallout 3 was. There's very little imagination in the bigger non-plot quests, the balance needed more tuning (for example, by the end of the game, every enemy has heavy armour, meaning that most of the automatic weapons and pistols are worthless)

Comment

Help please. I seem to have enountered an annoying bug on the come fly with me quest. I collected the bits to give to Chris but now I can't find him anywhere! I go to the quest marker in the room overlooking the
                        but he isn't there.

Comment

Im a few hours in, trying to understand the reputation system. I had no choice but to kill a bunch of powdergangers who attacked me after I forgot I was wearing enemy clothing, whilst killing my way through them I killed a character and was advised his quest had failed. I want to do as many quests in this game as I can. To avoid being attacked for wearing the wrong thing, is it best to just carry on going around in my pants and spaceman helmet as I have on now which is inoffensive to anyone? Where it shows I am vilified by a particular group, how do I become 'neutral' again?

Comment

Originally posted by Ajay1986 View Post
                            Help please. I seem to have enountered an annoying bug on the come fly with me quest. I collected the bits to give to Chris but now I can't find him anywhere! I go to the quest marker in the room overlooking the
                            but he isn't there.
                            He's probably fallen into the floor, that's where he was when I did that.

It's possible you may be able to spawn him using console commands if you can find his ID number.

Comment

The reputation system seems broken, as is probably broken due to that the faction system in Fallout and Oblivion is a crock of ****. This seems to still be the worse thing about the game. Factions will randomly switch from being neutral to attacking you for friendly fire. And annoyling unlike Oblivion there is no way to yield to try to snap them out of it.

In general though I think you have no choice to become vilified with the Powergangers unless you turn on the people within the starting town. Other groups seem to be more lenient. I murdered the first group of legion I came across but later they happily talked to me. Or at least threaten me but didn't attack.

All in all its enjoyable, just how they handle factions needs to be better. I am sure it wouldn't take much really just some better handling on what is friendly fire and more obvious switches between being liked or hated.

Fallout NV is a good game, but still no where near as indepth as Fallout 3. I can only thing that Obsidian just couldn't recreate what Bethesda have done well for years even though its the same engine with the same issues.

Comment

starting to enjoy this now - buggy as hell though and i had my 1st lock up last night

if you put ALOT of time into fallout 3 (which i did), i dont think this will be as enjoyable. Its really is more of the same; more of an expansion really
                                Last edited by dvdx2; 26-10-2010, 09:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X