Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit (PS3, 360, PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved the Rapid Response missions, nerve wrecking stuff trying to be FAST and flaweless at the same time !

Comment

I think this is one of the one of the worst racers I've played this gen

Comment

Care to explain why?

Comment

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
          Care to explain why?
          In a Nutshell the Handling is terrible , whole games seems slow and dull & the Online side a bit of mess, Blur is just so much better

I do like backgrounds though.

Comment

To be honest I thought so at first. It felt heavy, unresponsive and dull to play. Gave it an hour and mastered the drifting and love it.
            Once you get to the Exotic and Hyper classes is becomes very fast. Found it to be a far better game that Blue myself, that somehow managed to be so bland.

Online is a bit of a letdown though. The fact you can't take a party into a race is a pain and the lack of real options is a shame too. Once you are in a race though, it is more fun than any racer this gen.

Comment

It does start off slow, Im now in the latter stages and still finding the Rapid Response levels a massive PITA! Getting all the golds is horribly addicitve though, Im at that point where the end is nearly in sight but actually crossing that line will be very time consuming and frustrating. I bought the DLC and am loving the Apollo S. As said in Matts review, the cop mode is too short, I expect Ill grind my way up to level 20 seeing as its only four more. Ive given this an 8, I like it a lot but havent as much love for it as the horribly underrated Split/Second. Its a close call though.

Comment

Originally posted by marcus View Post
                Trying to mop up the remaining golds as a cop, but all I have left (mainly) are the Rapid Response missions which I hate. For a game where the emphasis is on reckless fun, the inclusion of missions where you precisely have to navigate the track without suffering the time penalty loss of even a minor collision seems to go against the grain and is easily the most frustrating and unenjoyable aspects of the game. Im about 6 levels away from #20, but patience is wearing thin.
                I agree it's one of the downsides to the game - there are far too many time trials/hot lap events in the SP game. Almost as if they are used as filler to pad out the SP game.

I've got back to having done a lot of the single player game again, but have reached an event called 'King of the Hill' (koenigsegg CCXR vs. Bugatti Veyron) Duel on the Racer career. What a horrible difficulty spike.

The AI on the opposition goes into a mental overdrive on the final hairpin bends meaning that I'm never in a position to NOS-overtake on the final long bend. Best I've got to is a second behind him.

I'll keep trying but it's turned an enjoyable game into one that is annoying me now.

Comment

2 words for King of the Hill... TAKE DOWN!

I'm thinking of firing the game to work on the online milestones now. Havn't touched it since getting the single player golds. But I don't know why because I loved every minute of it.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRox View Post
                    2 words for King of the Hill... TAKE DOWN!

I'm thinking of firing the game to work on the online milestones now. Havn't touched it since getting the single player golds. But I don't know why because I loved every minute of it.
                    I have managed to hit him a few times, but never able to take him out of the race, or late enough in the race that to get the win.

Comment

Just got one more Cop mission to get a gold on, and its proving near impossible. Its the Damage Limitation rapid response mission, tried it about 10 times and find that you practically would need to go the whole 3.20mins without ANY real mistakes to do it, with that amount of traffic on the road its a nightmare. Its worth 100GPoints so I have to do it lol

Comment

I got all gold without any real difficulties, some are pretty though but 9 out of 10 times it was to blame my own driving for not getting a gold medal. After finishing the game I still felt I had to really learn the tracks, playing online and getting deep into autolog battles with my friends made me learn the tracks better and better. When you know the good shortcuts and taking them at full speed is bloody mind blowing.
                        I´ve played it for a good 60hours now and I`m still learning ! The more I play this the better it gets, the track designs are pretty awesome. Drifting, boosting and taking shortcuts at HIGH speeds really shows the tracks are amazing, it all comes together when things are going right !

Comment

Yeah, this is something I wanted to highlight in my review also, and I completely agree. Even after getting all good and 1000G, I still found much room for improvement going around the roads.
                          Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

I finished the Cop missions getting gold in all of them last night, Ive 6 or so Race missions still to get gold on including Seacrest Tour which annoyingly Ive done twice and come 2nd both time. Got a nice buzz beating that Damage Limitation mission (finally).

Comment

Put this on today as I have nothing else to play, got it for christmas, its terrible, one of the worst racing games I have ever played. Theres no feel to the cars, it shoves autolog down your face and the store every 60 seconds. Absolutely awful. Managed two and a half races before ejecting the disc and deleting all the files, this is getting traded tomorrow. So poor it's unreal.

Unskippable NFS2 Shift video at the start, 15 mins later I'm in a race, **** you EA.
                              Last edited by kernow; 07-03-2011, 01:19.

Comment

In contrast, I party up with a mate and play it online most nights and its the most fun i've had in a online car game ever. I love the new downloadable content as well, the new modes are a right laugh.

Comment

Working...
                                X