• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Super Monkey Balls View Post
    Most Japanese cabinates have 29" monitors
    Ahh well... I'm not in Japan

Comment

Originally posted by rmoxon View Post
      The image will still be bigger on your TV than it was in the arcade cabinate when you view it vertically, unless of course you sit about 50ft away from your TV to play games?
      It's different at an arcade cabinet though as you're there right in front of the screen with your nose practically pressed up against it. At home my TV is a good 10 feet away from where I sit and consequently I have a real problem playing vertical shooters. I was hoping, like Ikaruga on the Gamecube, maybe there was an option to play it full screen as a horizontal shooter. I don't know why all vertical shooters don't have that option to be honest as I know the small playing area is a deciding factor for many gamers.

Comment

I rotate my 32" TV and then the playing area is pretty much the same as on a Japanese cab. The problem is with the LCD vs CRT thing, so it all looks a bit different. I do then sit on the floor right next to the telly. I find that it really helps me in dodging bullets as well as just feeling right. My problem is that I don't have a decent stand to rotate the telly, so it has to sit on the floor in rotated mode, which means I have to sit on the floor for optimum goodness, which really hurts my legs after a while. I think I should procure myself and old big CRT screen to leave rotated.

Comment

Oh, and I'll also say that I'm impressed with the PAL manual (not that I've read it yet) and was surprised to find it comes with an Arrange soundtrack CD. Need to listen to that later. I've played enough of the game now though on the NTSC/J release as I don't think I'll ever make the 2nd loop conditions, so will probably just play it a couple of times to see the differences.

Comment

Decided to give the PAL version a go. First credit, I did terribly, died on the final boss, but somehow racked up 155 achievement points and (most dissapointingly) am 12th on the all ships leaderboards.

Oh well. Despite what I said in the other thread, I'd rather be playing Black Label, or a different shmup (I just bought dai-ou-jou but haven't tried it yet)

Comment

Originally posted by Julio III View Post
              I don't think I'll ever make the 2nd loop conditions, so will probably just play it a couple of times to see the differences.
              I managed to clear the game normally without using a continue, did end up losing all bar one life and most of my bombs. Then I saw what you needed to do to get the second loop.

OMFG, no way am I ever doing that the people at cave are sick and twisted, in truth it's really bad design as it caters only for a ungodly small number of elite players. Still hats off if you can get to it.

Comment

Really getting into Black Label for the 1st time today. The non-autobomb mode where you can gain hypers is really fun. 4/5 of the way to making it to the 2nd extend now. Its good fun, always trying to keep it in red mode and keeping gaining the hypers.

Comment

This thread is for resurrection right?

If so bagged a copy of this from Thegamecollection yesterday and loving it. Huge difficulty step-up from the iphone version. Bloody loving it.

I haven't come across Black Label is that an unlock or dlc? The only others I have seen are the novice & arrange modes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
                    I haven't come across Black Label is that an unlock or dlc?
                    Thats an extra ?6.80

Comment

I need some clarification regarding Arrange B.

I've currently been spending a lot of time playing Stage 3 (trying to get 10,000 silver comb pieces with no luck so far), and while I know the ranking numbers on the bottom of the screen increase over time with play, do they multiply to the score also? I somehow managed to reach 10mil after a somewhat okay run making good use of Hypers, yet each time I found my score going higher even though the enemy rank was still 'low' due to bad play deaths.

You see, if that's the case, then all I'd really need to do is constantly play Stages 4 and 5 getting 15mil on each to get the Thanks For Playing achievement... even then it's still going to take a bit of practice avoiding cheap deaths to keep the rank at a good level.

Also, is the 'No, by all means' achievement only for 360 Mode? I chose it during Novice and didn't get it... unless it didn't trigger correctly. *shrugs*

Comment

Not sure if you are going off a translated JPN list but there isn't one called 'No, by all means'.

Best bet for a quick answer is checking or post on shmups or cave-stg.

Comment

?14.99 from zavvi, worth it ?

Comment

Too right it is... Ordered on monday evening - turned up this morning.. 1cc'd the novice mode on first go (Lazy play).. Now it's time to learn how to play it properly.. BTW - Is the Black label DLC worth a spin.. (i.e arranged soundtracks - scoring potential.)

Comment

I'd say only get Black Label once you are bored with 1.5. The way you play the game is quite different, and there are already enough modes on 1.5 as it is.

Comment

Black Label has a much higher scoring potential I think but the way you play it is COMPLETELY different.

It's also quite a bit harder if you're intent on maxing out the red gauge all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X