Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkangel
    im on the bit where you have to find all the triforce charts and the pieces of the triforce piece, boy is it tedious.
    Ditto.

I'm just mopping up all the treasure from the the charts i've collected so far.

Dig that hammer man.

Got about 3 pieces of the triumph forks so far.

Originally posted by spoiler
    How scary are those shreiking zombies, much nastier than OoT's zombies
    Debating on which sage quest to start, mmmm let's see.

Comment

if you want to save the coolest boss out of the 2 dungons till last go for the one with the bird, the music she plays is the best.

Comment

Medori's Awakening. I simply love that tune. But i definitely prefer Makore's Prayer. He is such a cute little fella. How he walks... how he jumps on the spot. Always brings a smile to my face.

When Medori (the bird) finds out her true self the music there is fantastic. Possibly it is just me, but I found it really hit the nerves.

Also, I love the music when u see
        The great fairy, by using the warp song. The little child fairy.
        That tune really reminded me of Majora's Mask. It had a dark and sinister feel to it, yet also totally obscure as well as a sense of friendship... very hard to describe, but I love it.

Throughout WW the music is superb. There was a great sense of joy hearing the many Ocarina Of Time tunes make a return as well as the rework of the Zelda classic tune in the games intro. Love it.

Overall though, nothing brings a bigger smile to my face then the mini boss music in Wind Waker. Absolutely adore that.

Right now in WW I am trying to collect the few remanding Heart pieces, but within doing so trying to spend as much time as possible just absorbing all the many little details. Little things like experimenting with the many different ways to killing enemies and the effect wind has on cups and plates Sounds totally pointless I know, and well, it is, but being able to blow all the cups etc off a table in a videogame is very satisfying.

So much fun.
        ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

''When Medori (the bird) finds out her true self the music there is fantastic. Possibly it is just me, but I found it really hit the nerves.''

i totally agree and it hit my nerves as well. amazing simply amazing. I wonder where I can get a music CD for it? ocrania of time music was brillant 2.

Comment

Beautiful game - just beautiful; 'tis the only way I can describe it.

The only mild disappointment for me was -

The triforce map/piece collection - it did seem like an attempt to artificially extend the ending, but it's so short it's not that big a problem.
            The last battle had a suitably pseudo-epic feel to it, particularly -

Link's final blow to Ganon's noggin - very Arthurian I thought.
            I'm going to leave it for a bit, then go back & do the side-quests. It's been great to be in Link's company again....

Comment

I wonder how many people here have played the original Zelda on NES? You'll then realise that almost the entire game is what Charlie Angel (and a number of others) is disappointed to happen in WW

Okay so it was rather expanded upon with the dungeons, but that was the basic concept and then take on Ganon in the first ever game...
              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

i remember.

Comment

Originally posted by darkangel
                  ''When Medori (the bird) finds out her true self the music there is fantastic. Possibly it is just me, but I found it really hit the nerves.''

i totally agree and it hit my nerves as well. amazing simply amazing. I wonder where I can get a music CD for it? ocrania of time music was brillant 2.
                  The 2CD soundtrack has been released (thankfully).

Review here: http://altpop.com/stc/reviews/lozwwost.htm

Buy it from here: http://store.yahoo.com/animenation/scdc-00250.html

The soundtrack is one of the strongest thus far on the GC. All chip-generated too. Stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem
                    I wonder how many people here have played the original Zelda on NES? You'll then realise that almost the entire game is what Charlie Angel (and a number of others) is disappointed to happen in WW
                    I remember, but I'm not sure what you're getting at - that was years ago, this is now.

I was reading in some magazine or other that 3 whole dungeons were removed from WW (dunno if anyone can confirm that?) - I'm now wondering if Wind Wakerirector's Cut is on the cards...

Comment

If its true, then its a shame they were removed. I would have sooner had an extra dungeon (or 2) than the elongated sub-quest for the Triforce shards.

Comment

Im currently trying to restore the power to the master sword, but one or two things have been bugging me.

On windfall island, the depressed guy sitting on the stairs, asks you to show him a photo of something perfectly round and pale. I presumed this was a pictograph of the moon, but it seems not! Anyone care to help me out?

Also, Ive been told that to make a color pictograph, a bright light source is needed from the forest haven. Now ive been trying to capture one of those floating balls of light in a jar for ages, but cant do it. Am I trying to capture the wrong thing, or am I inpatient?

Comment

You have to take a photo of a full moon for the depressed guy. Don't think any other types of moon will do. Think he gives you a sea chart or a heart piece afterwards.

Yeah, you are on the right track. You have to catch one of those coloured flying flies. Think they are blue and was actaully quite hard to catch when I was at that part myself. You have to time it correctly.

Comment

Just finished it, best game I've played for a long time. First ever Zelda. I will remember this for a long long time. Nintendo make it hard not to be a fanboy but they simply are a cut above the rest.

Can't wait for the next Zelda!
                            And I'm going to order that soundtrack.

Neil.

Comment

I have completed it! The final battle with ganon was so cool! The triforce bit was tedious, but other then that a excellent game. sad that I won't be playing it anymore. But life goes on!

Comment

Kust done the Ice Ring and Fire islands. off some more side quest action prior to sga edungeons methinks.

Q. What are the island names with the deku sprouts on?

3 triumph fork pieces an counting.

I enjoyed the bit where....
                                One of the travelling gorons(that right) with the big, no HUGE sacks, gives a hint towards recognising link from OoT....magic
                                Ta.

Comment

Working...
                                X