No announcement yet.

Zelda - the Wind Waker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it my Hyrule patent rose-tinted glases, or is Wind Waker a hell of a lot easier and the dungeons a lot smaller than OOT and MOM?

Comment

Originally posted by Vladdie
      Originally posted by TommyG
      Should do.

I'll let you know tonight as i'm getting the link up cable from GAME after work.
      Tommy, just to let u know, the GAME one doesnt actually fit into an sp properly as it collides with the L button, try finding the official one. (although its literally impossible to find )

For Londoners seeking a link-up cable ... I got an official cable in HMV on Oxford Street (the one between Oxford Circus and TCR tube stations) on Wednesday lunchtime. They only had a few on display - maybe they have more behind the scenes?

The downside is that they only come in purple; looks a bit odd with a black GC and silver SP.

I'm still only on the Dragon Roost Island dungeon, but am absolutely awestruck so far. Long may it continue.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
        A wallet that holds 5000 rupees?!?!? thats a zedla record i think
        Well, you need a LOT of dough to get to the final dungeon....

Actually, I had already collected all the ???? (no spoilers), and then I found out I needed a stinking 3200 Rupees to continue to the last dungeon. I had only just gotten the first Rupee Bag upgrade and only had about 700... instead of spending hours collecting Rupees I erased my save file and started again, this time making sure I got the upgrades as early as possible. When it was time to fork out again, this time I had almost 5000!

Just completed the game, and was happy to find out that not only go you get to keep your Deluxe Picto Box, you also get to keep whatever pictures you took in the final dungeon! That means that as soon as I get to the Nintendo Gallery I'll have myself Shadow Knight and Ganondorf Figurines! And Aryll in her new dress.... tho I liked the flower one better.

What I didn't like about in the game:

1. Boss battles. Just don't like then in general, sorry (Expect most of those wonderful Rez boss battles). And why do you have to fight them AGAIN near the end? Come on Nintendo, must... try... harder.

2. The game assumes you have played and completed OoT. I have tried playing it twice, and forced myself quite far in it... it never did it for me for some reason. WW never explains the history properly, and doesn't tell you a thing about the Triforce, like OoT did.

3. Twitchy controls. Not a problem when moving *insert name here* about, but really terrible when you're trying to target in first person mode. Especially in boss battles when you have to target some specific body part and the automatic Z/L-targeting doesn't work properly, ie. doesn't lock onto the most important target but instead locks onto a near-by minion, even if that minion is actually further away than the body part you're trying to target.

4. Not quite as nonlinear as it could have been. I was especially disappointed when I couldn't leave Dragon Roost Island and go exploring even though I had a boat, a sail and control of the wind. When I stood next to the boat the action button said Attack instead on Get In. And after completing that dungeon I still couldn't go where I wanted... if I tried to go north, west or south of Windfall Island the boat would just stop in the middle of the ocean and say: "You must hurry to the next ???, Link!".

Overall a great game, and I for one loved the new cel-shaded style from the first moment I saw it.

Now to become the best pictographer of the world, with the most complete collection of Figurines...

Comment

Just got my first Triforce map and the MASTER SWORD Muahhahaa.

Question. I found the Nintendo Gallery, but to make figurines, do I need the colour picto box? I only possess the B&W one at the mo.

Comment

Originally posted by TheShend
            Just got my first Triforce map and the MASTER SWORD Muahhahaa.

Question. I found the Nintendo Gallery, but to make figurines, do I need the colour picto box? I only possess the B&W one at the mo.
            Yes you do. Go to the Pictograph Man on Winfall Island and talk to him. Eventually he gives you some tasks: you have to take 3 pictures of people doing something. This means you have to follow them around and take a picture at exactly the right moment. Pm me if you want exact info.

Then you have to go get a special ingredient from another island (you need a bottle for that) and bring it back. Lo and behold, you have a Deluxe Picto Box.

Comment

Wtf!!!?

I started a new game, real happy about my Deluxe Picto Box with a Picto of Ganondorf.

And now it turns out I have to (though some walkthroughs say "you can") wear the normal, silly clothes.

No damn way am I going to play the game dressed in orange pants and a shirt with a picture of a lobster on it. Screw that.

The green Hero Hat is the best thing in the entire game, and I can't play without it.

**** you Nintendo!!!! (Seriously though, couldn't they have made the normal clothes an optional extra?)

Comment

heh. I loved this addtion personally. I haven't played through on the second file on the US version but have on the JAP version. I dont know what it is, but i think Link's hair looks very cool indeed without his hat. How can u not like those PJs?

Spolier question to Huggybear.... (and to anyone else who has completed it)

Originally posted by spoiler
                How did you find the giant Puppet Ganon? For me, this and the 5th Dungeon boss (giant Poe) were the worst in the game. The section just before u fight Ganondorf was very dissapointing imo. It lost the serious epic nature and didn't feel quite as special as the rest of the game. This was very quickly amended in the last battle which is fantastic, but did you enjoy the bit before?
                Also, how did u find the last tricforce collecting part? This has said to have been changed slightly since the jap launch to prevent it from being so tedious, how did u find it?

Well, i'm off to play some more. Take care
                Adam

Edit: Also, another extra in the additional gaming file is that the hylian language is translated. Therefore you can finally see what the deku says when you first meet him, and the dragoon etc. Nice touch that imo
                ----Member since April 2002

http://www.redbubble.com/people/adamstone

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Stone

Edit: Also, another extra in the additional gaming file is that the hylian language is translated. Therefore you can finally see what the deku says when you first meet him, and the dragoon etc. Nice touch that imo
                  Borrowed from Ico I think, unless someone can tell me of a earlier game this happened in?

Comment

Well you could translate it yourself in the Jap version as they kept the table in

@Adam... of those two bosses, the first one was a nice hark to OoT and the second was a fun interlude where before everything had been so serious. What I did find annoying, frustrating and tough was his third form in said sequence
                    Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

The Triforce collecting is not bad, not exactly exciting either. On the US version the collected Triforce bits get crossed over on the IN-credible chart so you don't have to keep track of them yourself. And there's no
                      "find a map that shows the location of a map that shows the location of a map that... " nonsense.

And yes, the third form of the Puppet Ganondorf was annoying, mostly because he moved so fast and just wouldn't stay put long enough for me to put some arrows in his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by spoiler
                        The spider? Say hello to Mr. manual camera. Just position the camera very far above you, that's all there is to it. The reflection on the water made this fellow pretty easy, but still fun.
                        I can't say I had a problem with the last few bosses but as Adam pointed out, the real last one was a belter. Great game, sad it's over but will be delighted to start on the new quest

Comment

Originally posted by Earl
                          The spider? ???????????????????? made this fellow pretty easy, but still fun.
                          Many people might consider that a spoiler. Better add a spoiler warning before the angry people swarm all over you.

Besides, the Spider is the second form, the third is the annoying spinning worm/snake thingy.

Comment

Oops you're right. Might want to eidt your one as well.

Forgot the order, but they were just a starter for the main course.

Comment

Finally completed the game, and I'm confused. Did anyone else think the final battle was amazing, yet too easy?

I think, overall, OoT remains my favourite, but WW is probably the better game.

Also, I'm a bit miffed about them not taking advantage of the ocean to use one of the greatest parts of OoT: the fishing place. It could have been glorious. The fools.

Comment

Absolutely fantastic. Enjoying it loads. Finished the Forbidden Woods dungeon yesterday but unfortunately the game locked up after I beat the boss. It's testament to the game's quality that I don't mind having to do it again. That boomerang is too cool!

Comment

Working...
                                X